Covid vax: If you want Moderna at private hospital you'll have to wait until October

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But the bottom line is it will be four more months before people who elect to go down this route can get a shot. 

- 4 months for public procurement process for vaccines, which may improve confidence in citizens and salvage the economy.

- was it 6-7 months for scientists for discovery of the vaccine last year?

Thats reflects some sense of emergency

5 hours ago, WineOh said:

This tells me all I need to know about what brand of Jab will be offered to me on June 7th.

I was gonna turn up at the hospital nice and early & in my Sunday best....

Now I don't think i'll bother.

I don't think ANY jab will be offered on the 7th. This is only for registration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

I want to see long-term epidemiological studies as well as long-term adverse reaction data before getting anywhere near these new tech vaccines.

How about just a short-term look at the data about what catching the virus can do to you?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

it's 2k a shot and up to 500 for the DR at our local hospital, why would you need to see a Dr? about five thousand all in, so far!

Same as I have been told for the hospital we have registered at.  2000 baht a shot and a service fee between 200-500 baht. I can live with that for Moderna.

Edited by worrab
reword
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

I fail to see why those in a low risk category (healthy young people) would want to expose themselves to vaccines adverse reaction risks regardless of how low we are told those risks are.

**THIS**  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57320320 "Zero daily deaths announced in UK for first time" is why. 
and **THIS** https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html
"For the first time in over a year, the US records a daily average of fewer than 20,000 new Covid-19 cases"  is why.

You sir, are spreading ignorant and unfounded fears, and many people will die if they listen to your false information.  At long last, have you no shame.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, connda said:

I'll want Sinopharm inactivated virus vaccine from a private hospital, but only if Immigration twists my arm behind my back and forces me to take it as a requirement to "stay as a temporary visitor for the purposes of keeping my Thai wife out of financial destitution."  Otherwise I'll be giving Covid vaccines a pass until at least 2025.  I want to see long-term epidemiological studies as well as long-term adverse reaction data before getting anywhere near these new tech vaccines.

Brings to mind Will Smith in the movie I am Legend. I can see you now at the roof top of Emquartier knocking golf balls down the deathly silent Sukhumvit Road. You might be right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

When this is concluded the GPO will announce a price followed by the PHA who will meet to decide what to charge recipients for each dose. 

At first, these topics reported officials saying no more than 3000 baht. Then, magically, it went  to 3500 baht. A week or so later, that figure was fudged upwards to between 3500 and 5000. How long before we get to 10,000?

• Like 1

At least the bottom line is now clear :

If you want something other than Chinese or locally produced AZ, then you'll wait for months and you'll pay for it.

In truth I think we've all known this for weeks or months already.

I'm OK with that personally and will now tune out all the rancorous  arguments and conjecture surrounding these issues. I don't find it entertaining so will go back to swatting flies now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nong38 said:

I am booked in 4th August for AstraZeneca, wife is getting the Sinovac almost certainly before me. Registered at the local clinic, just had to take the passport along.

I'm booked the 28th of June  at the village clinic !

I requested AZ. At the time of my registration the clinic wouldn't commit to what vaccine!

If its sinovacc I'll politely  decline and wait for the Moderna to come at the Private Hospital I'm registered at  

Edited by riclag

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Sorry, who did you register with? And what was their Line app? Sure it wasn't for bitcoin?

haha, no it was with the Thonburi Healthcare Group. Anyway, if they sent me a request to pay way before October, I wouldn't. Let's see how it plays out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Cipher said:

My comment was more in reference to the people who are scared of Covid, but then also scared of specific brands of vaccines

Wouldn't there be some logic to that since some brands make it more likely for community spreads to occur?  Surely having a "preference" of jab for others is not completely crazy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

haha, no it was with the Thonburi Healthcare Group. Anyway, if they sent me a request to pay way before October, I wouldn't. Let's see how it plays out.

I'm on the list at Wattana in UD ! I'm registered at 5 hospitals all over Thailand  . In Sakon Nakhon where I live the Private wanted 4k non refundable  up front to be on the list !

I didn't bite 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

wake up, and remember where you are

Yeah, to be honest, i have pretty much given up reading the news. I come here every couple of weeks now just to get an update,  but you're right TIT. just the same old <deleted> i heard months ago. no surprise really! 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

If they say October now in early June, then with their history of missing deadlines, I'm guessing December or thereabouts is far more likely.

Probably. That means people will need a shot to bridge the gap.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fromas said:

[Tin foil hat ON]

I would avoid the mRNA vaccines like the plague. They contain magnetic trackers. They alter my DNA. They contain human fetal cells. Junk! Garbage! Conspiracy!

[Tin foil hat OFF]

Not at all sure I agree. I do have some suspicious reservations about the methodology involved but mRNA vaccine does not "alter" DNA.

A few cc of vaccine could never contain sufficient magnetic material to create attraction. That myth has been a distortion of fact involving tracking devices incorporated into bulk shipping containers in case of theft. Fetal cells ? Or stem cells grown in a laboratory ?

You did not mention micro chips. What about  the global shortage which has been a problem  for  some  automobile producers? With  your tin hat on maybe there is an opportunity to consider it is because many millions have now had one embedded in their  arm which is why so many are now programmed to utter the words Phizer and Moderna  with enthusiasm ? lmao !

Ok. I will go back to popping corn on my I Phone.

It's difficult for me to be confident of the mRNA vaccines because of the vigorous side effects that have become apparent whilst in conversation with some of the medics who have received them. Like others, I am braced for the possibility of a 24 hour fever/flu like illness, but what I'm not signing up for is a 3 day stint racked with fever and pain throughout my body, and that is significantly under reported in the media. I was shocked at the appearance of one of the guys.  I know they are likely effective, but there's a 10% chance in my view that you are going to be subjected to a heck of a challenge.  

I believe that if these vaccines were subject to the microscopic analysis that has been given to AZ for instance then we would say an uncomfortable number of unexplained problems. 

I would still take any vaccine, but would much prefer the Sinovac since it uses the conventional, tried and tested methods which I am familiar with already. The side effects generally reported are truly mild, and that is consistent with my own experience generally with inoculations.

I will feel more comfortable, perhaps, with the novel vaccines once they have been around for a few years and a proper review of their safety can be done.  They do represent the future of vaccines. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

People who want to wait to get Moderna vaccine at a private hospital will have to wait until October before they can be jabbed

Expect more back flips and verbal gymnastics 'tween now and then .. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Thats why I was happy to move to a rural village with a population of 6000.

We live at the edge of the village and the soi turns into a dirt farmers track after our house.

Sounds like you may get bitten by a cobra before you get any vaccine.

• Haha 1