Thailand reports 5,406 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, club said:

Are you in Loei? I am in Dansai Loei province .

In not in country at the moment but our town house is close airport in Loei and village home is in Nong Hin district.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Many have escape from BKK to they family homes in provinces. Was big mistake to tell people there maybe come lockdown and then not do it right away! Now from all clusters covid going to spread all over country! Mrs just told me yesterday that in close bye our village 5 case's from BKK whitch going to annouce today! So Loei have atleast 5 new today all from BKK! Aha they find one more in other place so Loei 6! 

This story doesn't sound right. If the 5 from BKK had positive tests, they would not be free to leave the Bangkok area. If they all tested positive in the Village, that would be unusual, the village doesn't due lab tests.

I would bet money the real story is that 5 people showed up from BKK, the headman told them to self isolate, and the rumor started that they had COVID, because they are from BKK and are isolating. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

The lockdown started on 5th November and whilst its not as simple as that as there were tiered restrictions in different parts of the UK the cases went up from there peaking in January and sharply declining in March which (and this could be a coincidence) is in line with when other seasonal viruses decline.    

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/timeline-lockdown-web.pdf

Also, states in the US without lockdowns have fared no differently to states that pursued hard lockdowns.   Also Peru.  

Whether you choose to believe that the lockdowns were the "cause" of this decline (despite peaking during lockdown) or whether other factors (seasonality) were relevant is entirely up to you.   To have such a belief in lockdowns despite contrary evidence is quite baffling to me, but considering the human capacity to believe in religion it's not overly surprising.   

You have omitted a vital point.

The UK started vaccinating just before christmas and, combined with the restrictions in place, cases (and deaths) declined to a level lower than Thailand.

Currently there is a bit of an outbreak of the delta variant which is increasing infection numbers. However, hospitalisations and deaths have remained very low - deaths certainly less than Thailand for many weeks now. Hospitals now don't  even have special covid wards as there are not enough patients and normal services have been resumed at hospitals. All restrictions are likely to be lifted in 3 weeks time.

A lockdown by itself probably won't help a great deal but combined with a properly organised mass vaccination campaign it would reduce matters to a manageable level in weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

This story doesn't sound right. If the 5 from BKK had positive tests, they would not be free to leave the Bangkok area. If they all tested positive in the Village, that would be unusual, the village doesn't due lab tests.

I would bet money the real story is that 5 people showed up from BKK, the headman told them to self isolate, and the rumor started that they had COVID, because they are from BKK and are isolating. 

So my wife tell BS to me! Hmmm... yes i believe Danderman and say my wife <deleted> LIAR! Yes ofcource they test them under the tree in close buffalo cate where sht smell and people have fun! 

Im not type here new bible and tell you , John was good boy and he go home in village , after he go Loei to get tested but the fact is he was first home village!

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm not ignoring anything I'm being logical, thats how an adult debate goes and dealing with one point at a time, each point you've raised has so far been provided with zero evidence. The decreases due to a lockdown in the UK were down to seasonal change you claim, still waiting on evidence for that?

Do you understand the word "maybe" and what it means?  I am not an absolutist, and only simpletons believe in single solutions to complex problems, hence my use of the word "maybe".   My exact words were as follows (note I also said that maybe lockdowns worked but you ignored this and decided that I said it was definitely seasonal):

"Maybe the lockdown from November 2020 that lasted all the way into April 2021 worked, or maybe, just as in April 2019 the virus started to fade away due to the change of seasons."

I do not believe that seasons are irrelevant and I would expect that as winter approaches in the UK this year so will the number of cases (just as every virus in the UK does in winter).    I also expect that the cases will decrease as spring approaches.  Before you ask, since I cannot time travel I am unable to provide evidence of this right now.   

Now, back to California and NY vs Florida and Texas.    If lockdowns work as advertised, why does California and NY not have better outcomes than states that didn't lockdown?  I fully expect you to ignore this once again.   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Currently there is a bit of an outbreak

Agree totally with your assessment in general and I'd say in regard to the quote above................You have the makings of a politician.......................

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So my wife tell BS to me! Hmmm... yes i believe Danderman and say my wife <deleted> LIAR! Yes ofcource they test them under the tree in close buffalo cate where sht smell and people have fun! 

Im not type here new bible and tell you , John was good boy and he go home in village , after he go Loei to get tested but the fact is he was first home village!

We'll see how many cases are reported in Loei tomorrow. 

We had a similar report here from Loei last month, someone's wife reported 14 cases. It turns out the number was cumulative, ie since the start of the wave, not all in one day. 

Restrictions imposed in areas at risk of a “public health crisis,” spokesperson says

Due to the “surge in cases” and the number of patients admitted in hospital beds, the restrictions were necessary, Pensom says. Over the past week, the daily Covid count has been roughly between 3,000 and 4,000 cases. Today, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported an uptick of 5,406 new cases.

“The targeted Covid-control measures have become necessary as the Bangkok metropolitan region and its vicinities are at risk of developing a public health crisis.”

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/restrictions-imposed-in-areas-at-risk-of-a-public-health-crisis-spokesperson-says

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You were saying this when there were 60 deaths. You were saying this when there were 100 deaths, 1000 deaths and you're still saying it and in a couple of days 2000 deaths. Just how many people have to die for you to see the human misery involved here. 

Where did I ever downplay the human tragedy of the pandemic...all unnecessary deaths are tragic. I'm making the statistical point that the mortality rate in Thailand is still thankfully low and that therefore the situation isn't as worrisome as it could be. It will likely stay this way unless and until there is widespread vaccinations. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

We'll see how many cases are reported in Loei tomorrow. 

Who knows how many tomorrow hopely not many! In close Loei hospital has big "scoreboard" where they put province numbers every evening. There see numbers before goverment report that next day!

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Where did I ever downplay the human tragedy of the pandemic...all unnecessary deaths are tragic. I'm making the statistical point that the mortality rate in Thailand is still thankfully low and that therefore the situation isn't as worrisome as it could be. It will likely stay this way unless and until there is widespread vaccinations. 

Or it could get much worse before herd immunity is achieved. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Unless they have tested positive in Bangkok with little or no symptoms and were told to  self isolate at home then did the nut and bolt to Loei!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Who knows how many tomorrow hopely not many! In close Loei hospital has big "scoreboard" where they put province numbers every evening. There see numbers before goverment report that next day!

The obvious question is whether the province numbers written on the board correspond with the Loei province numbers released in Bangkok. 

The issue is they are still doing limited testing and finding Covid. (Limited test personnel, test locations and test kits)

Testing pockets here and there is NO indication of the widespread nature of this problem.

No one can understand the vastness of the Covid issue until the majority of the population has been tested, which we know is not going to happen.

Testing Bangkok and a few hotspots is no indication of the vastness of this problem.

Thailand is a large country with plenty of areas no one has been tested.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The obvious question is whether the province numbers written on the board correspond with the Loei province numbers released in Bangkok. 

Numbers have to match ! But what time they tell numbers forward and what time they put on board, who knows. Cant know what time they get result from lab. And do they get result all the time or once / day...... Many question dont just know!

Edited by 2 is 1

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not aware of self isolation in Bangkok, unless it's new. 

I've read it's been happening for a little while now and today there's an article on the forum today about it being announced officially so it is new.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1