Gel-like substance found in 110 bottles of Sinovac’s COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Still, do you want it injected, via a needle (if it can get down it), into your body? I would prefer to know why it has jello in it, whether this means it is contaminated, or simply expired and ineffective. Seems sensible to investigate why this happened, and ensure the batch is not used. 

Yes, I agree.  Just there is no need for people to post rubbish about blobs getting in your bloodstream and causing clots,

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Yes, I agree.  Just there is no need for people to post rubbish about blobs getting in your bloodstream and causing clots,

I am concerned as to whether this is an expected occurrence for vaccines incorrectly stored, or something more worrying, like contaminated batches being shipped into the country.

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it's just old stock. 

It's caused by leaving the vaccine in ice.

The Food and Drug Administration reported on Tuesday that gel developed in 110 vials of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Sinovac because they were put in ice.

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Frightening thought there is that they may have used it if it had !

It also begs the question " How many Vaccines have been used that have not been stored correctly in the past "

Thailand. The 50 % Nation because they cannot do anything correctly.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Or maybe a batch of poor quality from manufacture, it does happen

Slap my head in disbelief. People still come up with explanations after being told the reason for the gel. The vaccine was not used after the gel was found.

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

Slap my head in disbelief. People still come up with explanations after being told the reason for the gel. The vaccine was not used after the gel was found.

How many jabs have been given where the vaccine has thickened but not quite formed the gel like substance?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Officials found gel inside 110 vials of Sinovac vaccine for COVID-19 because they were kept in too low temperatures.

Yeh---right!  They would say that wouldn't they, when they have millions of vials to get rid of!  There will be even fewer people that will want it now!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Slap slap, China quality control at its best then right. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, wensiensheng said:
  18 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Yes indeed. Injecting gel into the bloodstream is not a good idea, to put it mildly.

I get the humor but of course these are subcutaneous, not intravenous.

We should all be thankful that navigating a needle into a vein is not required, for reasons that should be obvious.

• Like 2

Everyone needs to consider the conditions in which we are living. Do you want a vaccine now, whether Sinovac or AZ?  Because except for a few that are getting Sinopharm, those are the only two vaccines that we know are going to be in Thailand for quite some time. Waiting for Moderna?  I would like Moderna, but I want something to guard against Covid between now and possibly next year, when Moderna gets here. The French may have gotten the best deal of all, with the single shot J&J their embassy brought in.

• Like 1

Come on Novavax bring it on..................get the phase 3 trials done and dusted.... and all the vaccine data results to the FDA!

image.png.abc831f674b2f1123fdf4ebbaa5c4ea0.png

https://www.novavax.com/our-unique-technology#recombinant-nanoparticle-vaccine-technology