Thailand to vaccinate vulnerable groups faster as critical cases rise

snoop1130

10 hours ago, champers said:

Astra Zeneca chose Thailand as the production facility for SE Asian countries; a hub if you will. Thailand cannot just keep all produced vaccines for herself.

Nobody really knows how many are being produced, so it will be interesting to see just how many doses will actually be exported. Do I hear 0? Isn't it just they don't have the capacity here, end of?

12 hours ago, smedly said:

am I missing something, should this not have been policy from the start ?

If not why not

The fools are going to come crashing down the first oportunity the Thai people get and I hope what ever wealth they have accumulated is stripped from them and they and other connected cronies are thrown in jail.

It is written why up there in the OP..... and was very clearly the policy in the last few weeks. Now the target is to reduce the numbers in critical condition.... well starting from a non-infected non-innoculated person, developing that protection is going to take a few weeks if not months. Always on the back foot and being wrong footed!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I guess your no longer a fan of the generals in suits. I hate to say I told you so, but .........

you are now on my ignore list for continueing with this off topic inaccurate deflective dribble 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Nobody really knows how many are being produced, so it will be interesting to see just how many doses will actually be exported. Do I hear 0? Isn't it just they don't have the capacity here, end of?

AZ production in Thailand is monitored by the UK company... it's contracted to supply other nations as well as Thailand.

about 50% has to be exported to other nations leaving 50% ish of production for Thailand.

• Like 1

Yesterday July 2nd, i received sms that my appointment today  is cancelled until further notice .

I am in The group referenced above . We just want to be vaccinated. A few of my friends also received similar sms and their appointment is later in July . It looks like we have an issue of setting appointments to find out the whole month schedule is scrapped in chiang Mai . What are we to do ? Help 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, welshguy said:

Serious question.

Is Thailand the only country, world wide which hasnt vaccinated their elderly and vulnerable people as the first priority "group" to be vaccinated ?

I wouldnt have thought there would me many more countries which hasnt vaccinated their elderly and most medically vulnerable people first?

believe it or not but Australia's rollout is worse than Thailand's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Will be interesting when the second doses of AZ come due; starting 1 Sep unless they go (back, again) to 16 weeks

Thinking that's almost a given. 

Along with...."we have done studies of AZ followed with sinvac. Excellent result. Roll up your sleeve sir" 

50 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

AZ production in Thailand is monitored by the UK company... it's contracted to supply other nations as well as Thailand.

about 50% has to be exported to other nations leaving 50% ish of production for Thailand.

On paper, sure. But look what happened with the EU.

The wife of the local puu yai was around this morning collecting tham bun for someone that died. She told the wife they have 5 vaccines left over by registered people not turning up. The wife contacted the local clinic where I am registered to say that I am available as I fit the group to be vaccinated.. Will be interesting to see if they contact me.

• Like 1

Surely the experience of the UK proves that vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable is not necessarily the best way to go. All you do is create herd immunity for these groups but leave the younger and more socially active groups outside the herd. These are the people most likely to spread the disease. Older more vulnerable people tend to stay at home and avoid risks.

Vaccinate the people who are most likely to spread covid first.

People here on Thai visa know the system here in Thailand 

Tourist related industries first priority Phuket for the vaccine ect 

Then Bangkok and the Surrounding  Provinces with the highest  number of cases

Then the rest of the Thai people  last are  the  foreigners who will be 

Expected to use the Private hospitals and pay for the vaccine 

2 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Surely the experience of the UK proves that vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable is not necessarily the best way to go. All you do is create herd immunity for these groups but leave the younger and more socially active groups outside the herd. These are the people most likely to spread the disease. Older more vulnerable people tend to stay at home and avoid risks.

And which group do you identify with, be honest 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

The death rate would have gone through the roof again if it had been done your way. Elderly and people with underlying conditions are impacted more.

20210703_100431.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smedly said:

am I missing something, should this not have been policy from the start ?

If not why not

The fools are going to come crashing down the first oportunity the Thai people get and I hope what ever wealth they have accumulated is stripped from them and they and other connected cronies are thrown in jail.

Thailand started off really well when they closed their borders but they seem to have made a bit of a mess since then. My 79 year old mother in law hasn't had her first shot yet but my 26 year old step daughter has. Doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has been rushing to secure supplies from other sources, including mRNA vaccines of Moderna and Pfizer and BioNTech.

Actual photos of Thailand officials rushing to secure supplies. 

Snails running to the finish line ⬇ Stock Photo, Image by © 5seconds  #133083176

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

The wife of the local puu yai was around this morning collecting tham bun for someone that died. She told the wife they have 5 vaccines left over by registered people not turning up. The wife contacted the local clinic where I am registered to say that I am available as I fit the group to be vaccinated.. Will be interesting to see if they contact me.

This is a follow up to the above post. The wife got a call from the puu yai's wife that my appointment was for 7.30am tomorrow. An hour latter the nurse at the local clinic called to say that the appointment has been cancelled. She also said I should go to a private hospital in Phitsanulok (not my province) and pay for the Moderna vaccine. There is another thread where what is going on with Moderna so someone does not like farangs.

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

This is a follow up to the above post. The wife got a call from the puu yai's wife that my appointment was for 7.30am tomorrow. An hour latter the nurse at the local clinic called to say that the appointment has been cancelled. She also said I should go to a private hospital in Phitsanulok (not my province) and pay for the Moderna vaccine. There is another thread where what is going on with Moderna so someone does not like farangs.

That's horrible.  Moderna might not actually be available until well into next year.

2 hours ago, siftasam said:

I am over 75 and living in Lamphun.

Does anyone think I have any chance of receiving vaccine in the near future?

('Hope springs eternal in the human breast')

Hmmm.

Definitely yes,no, maybe. I am in a similar position.

Stop talking about it and get on with the job! 

If they spent half as much time actually procuring and administering doses as they do reporting about it, we'd all have been vaccinated by now. Twice! 

Edited by djayz