Thailand reports 6,519 new COVID-19 cases, 54 more deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

What are the odds of tomorrow's figure being between 5500-7000

Wish I could bet on this sort of thing

You can.  I would act as your bookmaker.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What you see in the daily reports is what the Grubbyment wants you to see and nothing else and where does it mention these backlogs you keep talking about?

There are days when the number of positive lab tests are very low, followed by days when the number of positive lab tests are very high. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand why.

By the way, what you are saying is that the daily numbers are an artifact, what the government wants you to see.

Edited by Danderman123

25 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

New daily record of community infections. Up it goes. As for fourth wave well this is just deflection. The so-called third wave started mid-April and we all know why and has continued on an upward trajectory. It's still the third wave. This would have to be brought completely under control before another wave can be called a fourth wave.

It's called a 4th wave, by some, because of the new, much faster delta variant.  In this scheme, waves 3 and 4 overlap on the charts.

Wave 3 had begun to level off but, oh no!, they let in a new variant via construction workers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I didn’t admit I was wrong. 

There are some days where there are spikes because the labs process a backlog of cases. You can tell because a higher percentage of new cases are from lab tests and not hospital admissions.

More to the point, it is much more useful to try to understand the progress of the epidemic than to try to make debating points on an Internet forum. At this point, simply repeating that the government is not handling this well, and that the epidemic is going to get worse is not useful. What is useful is monitoring the progress to see if it is time to stock up on supplies for a couple of weeks, or leave the country, or head for the hills.

You did admit you were wrong as numbers rose to the same level as artifact.

Anyway even with higher numbers what are you going to do ? Leave the country good luck with that. I live in BKK in Thong Lor that is close to where many infections are. Am i worried.. yes a bit. Will i stock up on stuff and not leave the house. Not really I will shop when i can but usually stay at home. But not going to go out any less. Its not as if i get out for fun. Shopping is no fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You did admit you were wrong as numbers rose to the same level as artifact.

Anyway even with higher numbers what are you going to do ? Leave the country good luck with that. I live in BKK in Thong Lor that is close to where many infections are. Am i worried.. yes a bit. Will i stock up on stuff and not leave the house. Not really I will shop when i can but usually stay at home. But not going to go out any less. Its not as if i get out for fun. Shopping is no fun.

At what point will you stock up for a couple of weeks? Or, are you assuming the epidemic will never get that bad?

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How your vaccine shots coming along? 

Perhaps you obtained them outside of Thailand 

@Danderman123 don't give me a like emoji. 

So how are your vaccine shots coming along? I ask because I'm having a hell of a time obtaining one let alone 2.

The government's handling of vaccine procurement has been a shambles. 

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Another post complaining about the crappy vaccination effort is not particularly useful.

Answering the question would be a start.

So your vaccine shots. How's that coming along??

BTW how do you think these announcements of additional vaccines have come about recently.

It's down to complaints from Thai medical experts across the board. 

Don't complain about poor performance then nothing will happen. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What is useful is monitoring the progress to see if it is time to stock up on supplies for a couple of weeks, or leave the country, or head for the hills.

A lot of people could see that long ago.

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There are days when the number of positive lab tests are very low, followed by days when the number of positive lab tests are very high. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand why.

By the way, what you are saying is that the daily numbers are an artifact, what the government wants you to see.

What I'm saying is that the numbers that are reported have no relationship with reality.Since you seem to understand why the number of lab tests go up and down perhaps you could provide a link so that I may understand it as well as you claim to?Still no link sir Lancelot Link Link Link.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

How do you "photocopy"these numbers?By putting your laptop onto a photocopying machine then hit print, then put the printed copy onto the scanner then convert the scanned data to a pdf and download on to a stick then download onto your laptop and post it?Would it not be quicker to just "cut and paste" it?

He probably could have done all that in the time it took to write that post.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What I'm saying is that the numbers that are reported have no relationship with reality.Since you seem to understand why the number of lab tests go up and down perhaps you could provide a link so that I may understand it as well as you claim to?Still no link sir Lancelot Link Link Link.

Do you think that hospital admissions numbers have no relationship with reality?

or, are they just an artifact?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, robblok said:

Shttt... dont tell the deniers.. they think the numbers are low and good reported so the country can open up so they can have FUN again.

Most people suspected this but now there is proof.

Wen bars open ser?

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you think that hospital admissions numbers are understated and misleading?

Maybe not but what is missing is how many are turned away quite possibly being contagious to aid in the spread of the virus.

• Like 2