Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

20 minutes ago, wasabi said:

Given that the majority of people in Thailand were vaccinated with Sinovac which is not effective against Delta and greater variants it seems like the bulk of the inoculation program needs to be started from scratch or a face saving "Top up" with a real vaccine like Pfizer. Given that the people running the show are not going to suddenly become wise and do the right thing I wonder if herd immunity is the only way out? However with all the variants I wonder if that is even possible?

Please provide a link to a study showing that Sinovac is ineffective against the Delta variant. I must have missed it. 

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for that info..

Long way from 75 so cuts me out.

In any event (just my opinion) but anything from the Oz ambassador would be PR stunt. All show no go.

Mmmm. They’ve helped few of my pals with different issues . And  they are still providing assist to get folks home with  Sunday flights and reg updates . He also noted  Thai has just cancelled 6 future weekly  Wednesday flights to Oz thanks to the cap on arrivals.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Where is Elon Musk when you need him.

Great opportunity here for PR.

Nevermind the toy submarine for cave kids. 

Fill up a cargo plane with vaccine and head on over. 

Is this another stunning stunt? Oooops Nearly spelt stunt incorrectly!

24 minutes ago, wasabi said:

Given that the majority of people in Thailand were vaccinated with Sinovac which is not effective against Delta and greater variants it seems like the bulk of the inoculation program needs to be started from scratch or a face saving "Top up" with a real vaccine like Pfizer. Given that the people running the show are not going to suddenly become wise and do the right thing I wonder if herd immunity is the only way out? However with all the variants I wonder if that is even possible?

Sorry but where are your reading reports that the majority of people have even been vaccinated in Thailand ? as you stated  "Given that the majority of people in Thailand were vaccinated with Sinovac"  Even if you accept the latest government figures then they state only 15% of people in Thailand have been vaccinated and judging by the statistical data that would include those whom have only received one dose so hardly a correct statistic. 

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The whole Thai government vaccinations program for foreigners -- which had to be separate from that for Thais, of course --  has been a total screw up since the beginning.

--First it was going to be a much promised mobile app for foreigners. That never happened.

--Then it was going to be...just go to the hospital that has your medical records. Except no one told the hospitals about that.

--Then it was the vaunted Intervac registration website, which launched briefly for a few days, allowed some farangs to actually book vaccination appointments, and then promptly ran out of appointments and subsequently was taken down entirely.

--The Intervac website's brief life included promises by the government that its two designated vaccination centers in BKK would be expanded to other provinces around the country. But that pretty much never happened.

--Now it's the coming promise of being able to register directly with Phyathai II and Samitivej hospitals in Bangkok, IF you're age 60 or older or have a chronic medical condition.

Everyone else in the farang community who didn't get prior vaccinations -- such as via being employed within the Thai social security system -- remains even further down the queue with uncertain prospects at best.

Yup. I get the feeling that Bangkok has been one of the worst places to be, in terms of getting vaccinated.

Elsewhere it’s been hit and miss, province by province and even district by district.

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Sorry but where are your reading reports that the majority of people have even been vaccinated in Thailand ? as you stated  "Given that the majority of people in Thailand were vaccinated with Sinovac"  Even if you accept the latest government figures then they state only 15% of people in Thailand have been vaccinated and judging by the statistical data that would include those whom have only received one dose so hardly a correct statistic. 

I think he meant to say...the majority of the doses that have been given thus far have been Sinovac... not that the majority of Thais have been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

NBTWorld show the total breakdown of all provinces every day although yesterday was a no show.  Hopefully today will be back to normal,

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld

This site showed provincial breakdown later on in the day yesterday.

Maybe check later on today.

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/361105375507793

• Like 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think he meant to say...the majority of the doses that have been given thus far have been Sinovac... not that the majority of Thais have been vaccinated.

Who knows what he meant ? I was asking the question based upon what he stated to which I await the posters reply as his statement is factually incorrect.

Thailand will likely have to suffer more infections, loss of lives and face absolute economic ruin before any significant political change will likely occur, says

@PravitR

#KE #Thailand #ล็อกดาวน์

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1413733076824326148

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looking at the graphs and charts, this is taking off and I am afraid the doubling of cases and deaths will be in just a few short weeks.  I am sure that this government believes that after 14 days it will decline but then I have other ideas based upon what I am seeing, hearing and watching play out in the surrounding countries.  Stay safe folks and ensure you protect your families.

14 days is contraction time. I think even this incompetent goverment know that. This "soft" lockdown only reason is to watch is it helping anything. If number of  infected people still climb up they see (and going to see) its not enough! After 14 days they have to make more hard decision's! Be safe everybody !

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS:

30 June: 1,911/556

1 July: 1,971/566

2 July: 2,002/579

3 July: 2,045/589

4 July: 2,147/616

5 July: 2,199/603

6 July: 2,350/643

7 July: 2,496/676

8 July: 2,564/698

9 July: 2,685/701

10 July: 2,738/717 <— Today

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413733857963110401

• Like 1

Out of 9,115 local cases, most in

Bangkok - 3,191 <— NEW HIGH

Pathum Thani - 672

Samut Prakan - 603

Samut Sakhon - 551

Chonburi - 359

Nonthaburi - 334

Songkhla - 225

Lopburi - 207

Saraburi - 175

Pattani - 173

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413738207443750912

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

June 24: 232647 total infections. July 10 : 326832 . So 94184 new infections since June 24. June 24: 3879 new daily infections.

The R0 from data in in last 16 days is 2.22

Stop counting your own R0 number! Nothing to do whit real one whay cant count in Thailand! You just dont have any idea how many contact infected one has made before hes been isolated!

And that is necessery number to know when count R0 number!

Edited by 2 is 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should be mutual considering the UK has 3x the number of daily new cases of Thailand.

Gawd, are we still doing this? The UK tests something like 500k-1 million people per day.m, with around 20-30 deaths and way fewer hospitalisations than before. Despite the Indian wave, it’s getting to the stage where covid is being classed along the lines of the flu.

Thailand is doing, what, 50k? Don’t need a major in math to work out what’s going on. Thailand does not know any of the above so charts and tallies are based on misinformation. Horrible what’s happening but folk should drop the pretence and add a 0 at least to any official figures.

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Correct

• Like 1