Thailand reports 8,685 new COVID-19 cases, 56 more deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I suspect the Thai government is deliberately underreporting the numbers to be below neighbors like Malaysia and also so as not to cause panic with 10K+ numbers.

Perhaps managed by, I dunno, not reporting thousands of prison cases for several weeks until publicly caught out? It’s old news now but those in authority are not without imagination, so why stop there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Didn't think asthma or allergies procludes someone from being vaccinated against covid-19.

"People with asthma, including people with severe asthma, should feel confident about accessing these vaccines alongside other Australians."

https://asthma.org.au/covid-19-vaccine-and-asthma/

Being a natural born sceptic I wonder if what we are being told now about this doctor is true regarding not being vaccinated to suit the Sinovac agenda. It's all a misunderstanding is something we often hear from this so-called government. As you say @Bkk Brianwhy wasn't he vaccinated?  Or maybe he was.

If his pre conditions precluded him from being vaccinated, I don’t think it was wise to continue to work in a Covid rich environment.

I admire his personal sacrifice to help others, but now he can’t contribute any further.

whatever the circumstances, it’s another human life lost and that is always sad.

• Like 2

Just now, wensiensheng said:

If his pre conditions precluded him from being vaccinated, I don’t think it was wise to continue to work in a Covid rich environment.

I admire his personal sacrifice to help others, but now he can’t contribute any further.

whatever the circumstances, it’s another human life lost and that is always sad.

It seems asthma does not proclude a person from the jabs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I get it that you like to debate on the internet. But you are adding to the noise here.

everyone knows that the official numbers are not accurate, but they do have some significance. After all, if the official numbers double over a week or so, people here and in the Real World.

Therefore, understanding the movement of the Official Numbers has some value.

As an example, until recently, the number of hospital walk-in admissions was predictive of future near term case numbers.

Now the official numbers are telling us that hospitals are nearing absolute capacity.

If you have something useful to add to the analysis of the official numbers, or have some other dataset that is useful, please contribute.

Below is report. Read more of them and stop the 'not maxed out hospital beds' etc.

The figures are rubbish. 

Some Covid infected have been told to stay home and wait for beds to become available for a while now. My niece-in-law and her husband were infected and has just recovered a couple of days ago. While he got a hospital bed after a week, she never did.

• Like 2

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Below is report. Read more of them and stop the 'not maxed out hospital beds' etc.

The figures are rubbish. 

Some Covid infected have been told to stay home and wait for beds to become available for a while now. My niece-in-law and her husband were infected and has just recovered a couple of days ago. While he got a hospital bed after a week, she never did.

People who call the help line complaining about symptoms are told to wait until a Covid bed is available, since they can’t go to a field hospital. This has been going on for some time, against official policy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

Time for you to release the Kraken, FFF!

The Kraken have already been released in human guise and have rent asunder the fledgling formally known as Democracy in Thailand.If you look closely you'll notice the correlation of testing numbers and daily reported positive tests, where a drop or rise in testing numbers is followed by a corresponding rise or fall in case numbers. 

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

How is it possible to test 2 Days consecutively, and attain the same number of positives ( within 50 or so).

This phenomenon was also prevalent on 29 / 30 June, just prior to a large increase in cases..

Its almost as if they know the numbers are worse, and are trying to slow down the reported figures prior to a large increase.

Coincidence ? probably not

Fudged Numbers ? Your guess.

On another note.

The single dose Vaccination numbers are now seemingly going forward at a fairly rapid rate and are now over 12.5 Million, while the 2 Dose Vaccine numbers are still low at 2.4 Million. Barely rising at all from 2.25 Million from over a week ago.

I am more convinced on a Daily basis when I read these numbers that the Authorities are Vaxxing only one time, in the hope that with only the One shot, it will somehow slow the progress of the Delta variant.

If the Vaccine being administered was a good Vaccine ( Pfizer , Moderna Etc ), I would say they had some kind of chance.

With Sinosoup - Zip

Possibly 11000 + positives tomorrow.

The major rollout of vaccines happened recently so most of the doses are still 1st dose due to the 12 weeks between AZ doses I'd wager.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The figures are rubbish. 

Let’s agree that a maxed out hospital has zero beds available for new admissions.

if hospitals are maxed out, how are 8,000+ new patients being admitted every day, 6,000+ of them walk-in cases?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Let’s agree that a maxed out hospital has zero beds available for new admissions.

if hospitals are maxed out, how are 8,000+ new patients being admitted every day, 6,000+ of them walk-in cases?

A walk in case is a walk in for a test only

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The majority would be sent home and have been for some time. Possibly given option of field hospital with subtle reference to home isolation better option.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A walk in case is a walk in for a test only

And then they are put in a holding pattern until a Tent, a Field Hospital, A hospitel or depending on need a Hospital is found.  Why is it so hard for him to understand theses things.  He is still caught up in discharges and admissions, he just does not get that beds are now in play at Suvarnabhumi Airport and more are being added elsewhere to assist with housing folks.  A hospital is not the only place these folks go.....even those sent home are still being treated to some degree..... 

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And then they are put in a holding pattern until a Tent, a Field Hospital, A hospitel or depending on need a Hospital is found.  Why is it so hard for him to understand theses things.  He is still caught up in discharges and admissions, he just does not get that beds are now in play at Suvarnabhumi Airport and more are being added elsewhere to assist with housing folks.  A hospital is not the only place these folks go.....even those sent home are still being treated to some degree..... 

Exactly I think Dman thought walk ins means you are then admitted to hospital, walk in cases are just tests in medical facilities be that a hospital, clinic, registered lab. As you say it does not signify a hospital admission

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Ah, so it wasn't a backlog, now it's 'hospital capacity issues'. 

My point is the same - some people are desperate to see cases rise.

Perhaps some are not desperate to believe a so called government ranked 104th for transparency and corruption like some people are!If you think people who question this trictorships transparency are desperate to see people die then I would seek help at the nearest mental health facility as your judgement is being impaired by an imbalance of accelerated mental  decrepitude.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Phuket Sandbox infections were ‘expected’

PHUKET: Phuket Sandbox tourists testing positive for COVID-19 was expected and the infections will not stop after opening 12 days so far, Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Dr Kusak Kukiattikoon has said.

“The Sandbox tourists who have tested positive include one from UAE, three from Myanmar, one from South Africa, and one from Switzerland. They have been fully vaccinated with various brands, such as Pfizer, Moderna, Sinopharm and others,” Dr Kusak said at a press conference held at the EOC Command Center yesterday (July 12).

“For now, none of the high-risk contacts [associated with the Sandbox infected] have tested positive,” he said.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sandbox-infections-were-expected-80665.php

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The majority would be sent home and have been for some time. Possibly given option of field hospital with subtle reference to home isolation better option.

The official figures show 7,000+ admitted to a hospital as a walk-in case yesterday. 

How is that possible if hospitals were 100% full? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

BMA opens 8 of 20 planned isolation centres across Bangkok

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is accelerating the setting up of isolation centres across the capital to ensure Covid-19 patients get immediate treatment and curb transmission of the virus.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003178

Edited by anchadian

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The official figures show 7,000+ admitted to a hospital as a walk-in case yesterday. 

How is that possible if hospitals were 100% full? 

Perhaps they are admitted then put on a waiting list and told to wait at home.Perhaps many are not being admitted in Bangkok and are travelling back to provinces and admitted into their local hospital as is happening here as my wife has said is now happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Low cases. 8685. Nup. Get a grip. Even 100 is too much. This needs to get down to double digits for it to be low and hence controllabe. Having said that what will be your position tomorrow if numbers once again exceed 9,000. This is on the cards. Numbers have dropped only for two days. Which way will the trend line go is something we don't know. With 12% positivity and the exodus from deep red provinces it would be a brave person to say numbers are trending down at this point.

You're in for a long, long wait if you believe cases will ever get to double digits.