Thai study shows antibody levels after 2 doses of Sinovac drop 50% every 40 days

webfact

50 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Sounds about right.  

And the chances of having a bad reaction is probably higher.  

Better get drunk to make your decision if you want to get it or not - more of a chance y ou will actually get it.  

I'll keep the beer mat then!

Just read in Bangkok Post that a doctor and a nurse who both had received the 2 Sinovac jabs died of covid.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thanks yes I read it, unfortunately no studies carried out on Sinovac with variants of concern, only with the original strain covid-19.

The reality is that strain has now all but disappeared in Thailand, with delta the prominent strain we know that Sinovac's effectiveness is nowhere near that claimed in previous studies. 

Agreed. And even that data is of little use to those of us who are in the over-60 group.

"The WHO said studies showed the Sinovac vaccine "prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe Covid-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population" for adults aged 18 and older, when it approved the jab in June.

It added that only a few adults over the age of 60 were enrolled in clinical trials, so efficacy could not be estimated for that age group."

"At the time, the WHO said: "Vaccine efficacy for symptomatic and hospitalized disease was estimated to be 79%, all age groups combined."

However, it added once again that there wasn't enough over 60s enrolled in clinical trials to estimate the efficacy for the age group. It still recommends the vaccine for older people though."

Back of the envelope calculations:

Bangkok is having 9k cases a day. Conventional wisdom seems to be that for every one case you find, there are 10 that you do not, so really bangkok has 90k cases a day. In 10 days that is 900k cases. Extrapolate that and it would mean that in 100 days from about now, 9 million Bangkok cases, or natural population protection.

Delta may have a very steep bell curve due to its transmissibility. So a very ugly 3 months coming up, after that maybe there’s a calm before the next strain, or before people get reinfected.

I hope the authorities are thinking about longer term protection and not just the next 3 months because I think the next 3 months has got away from them anyway.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, phetphet said:

GF has had two shots of Sinovac. Like others, her outlook is, "I read it is not effective, but what can I do? That is what they gave me and there is no other vaccine available."

That’s the problem with taking the offer of a sinovac jab. You’re then precluded from getting anything else, at least from the government.

on the flip side, if you don’t take the sinovac offer, there isn’t currently anything else.

damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

That’s the problem with taking the offer of a sinovac jab. You’re then precluded from getting anything else, at least from the government.

on the flip side, if you don’t take the sinovac offer, there isn’t currently anything else.

Unless you're assessed as being in the front-line. Then you are being urged/forced to have an AZ 'booster' in a mix n match that is even less [zero?] tested than the existing 'emergency approval' testing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

why not just come out a say it

sinovac is useless

there I just did

why don't the WHO revise their recommendations (I think we know why)

A virus that came from China and they make and give  a vaccine that doesnt work hHHmmmmmmm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Dream on, there is no vaccine with a 100% guarantee

I agree now but see now J&J and AZ are already developing new vaccines without side effects and 100% effective, wait and see

Edited by BE88

27 minutes ago, Caspersfriend said:

Unless you're assessed as being in the front-line. Then you are being urged/forced to have an AZ 'booster' in a mix n match that is even less [zero?] tested than the existing 'emergency approval' testing.

Yes, untested, under researched and only applied to a tiny slice of the population. If it works it’s great for those few, of no help to the broader population. If it doesn’t work, those at risk stay unprotected.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Clinical research has shown that the antibody levels in a person fully inoculated with two doses of the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine drops by half every 40 days, according to Dr. Anan Jongkaewwattana, a virology researcher at the National Centre for Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC).

Sounds about right, most stuff coming out of China only lasts a month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I still want to know if I have had covid - if I have then that does in fact offer me natural protection likely better and longer than the chinese junk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Consistent with Thailand's vaccine debacle, they have millions of these on order. Good job Anutin, maybe time for a smug smile and some more lies.

Poor Sisyphus. There is, as my maternal oracle might have said, always something.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Wonder what the number of tests done was...

My staff got infected and tests was rejected by few hospitals citing that they are full. Eventually he got tested after 3 days in a private clinic for 900 B. Whether the private clinic reported the case to the government is unsure. I have much doubt of the government daily numbers. 

If this research has been authenticated and is credible, the ramifications for many Nations that have been reliant on Sinovac as their main weapon of choice against Covid are very bad indeed

If true, Millions will have been Inoculated with this worthless Vaccine, and Governments will have spent, a fortune on this.

• Like 1

Its already low or nothing with the Delta variant.

The government keeps showing statistics for the original COVID-19, Alpha while the Delta is the dominate strain.  Misleading the public at best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Its already low or nothing with the Delta variant.

The government keeps showing statistics for the original COVID-19, Alpha while the Delta is the dominate strain.  Misleading the public at best.

Anything to delay the arrival of Pfizer/Moderna.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BE88 said:

I agree now but see now J&J and AZ are already developing new vaccines without side effects and 100% effective, wait and see

Vaccines without side effects? That's going to be a world first. I googled it. Couldn't find anything supporting it. Can you share a link?