"No one is safe until everyone is safe" - Aussie couple highlight foreigners facing vaccine trouble in Thailand

webfact

On 7/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, khunPer said:

That's their home country, so that makes sense.

As foreigner living in Thailand you are on your own when it comes to health care, and we foreigners knows it, when we decide to stay here by our own free choice.

However, with a little bit of patience the government will vaccinate all, also the foreigners that are not really are covered by the health care system.

foreigner or thai if you not vaccined you spread covid !

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

For the anti vaxxers with the high IQs. Get your heads out of the clouds. Simple fact is that the Delta and Lambda variants

love people like you. When you are sick and dying in a hospital, be sure to tell the doctors and nurses of your high IQs.

I am sure that they will be impressed...  Not...

Geezer

Or perhaps these folks should demand that the doctor/nurses don't touch them because it's all fake. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

Australia does not allow asylum seekers and other people arriving at their shores entrance. What about giving them enough fuel to fly back to Indonesia instead of letting them in? Till now no link or anything else from you to backup your story. So it never happened.

Not my "story" at all. First page of this thread.

Nobody thus far has said "it happened". Only hearsay, and stated as such.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:13 PM, ballpoint said:

Sydney has been in a lockdown for the past two weeks, which has just been extended.  The police are out fining anyone further than 10km from their homes without a valid reason, and there have been calls for the military to assist in enforcing it

Aussie's probably will still say that they live in a freedom loving democracy that cherishes personal liberties. 

The absolute amazing thing about modern propaganda and psychological techniques are that those who are the targets never even have a clue.  Honestly, it's that effective!  I'm actually incredibly impressed.  It's awe inspiring in it's sheer audacity and magnitude.  Here we are: you tell the commoners to jump and they'll ask "How high?"  
Lord - The Land of Human Border Collies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/15/2021 at 10:54 AM, Neeranam said:

How can it be 'racism' when ethnic farang like me are not turned away, or ethnic chinese and Indian Thais are not discriminated against? 

I suggest you buy a dictionary and look up racism and constitution. 

It crazy how some countries, the US in particular, wail racism even when it's not. 

Because what you have just described means it is selective racsism.  another example is that I spent an hour in BNH being  told that any vaccine they get will be only for Thais even though I've always used that hospital.  So yes - it is constitutionally racist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, no deal said:

foreigner or thai if you not vaccined you spread covid !

You can STILL spread Covid even after being vaccinated. The vaccine only prevents YOU from getting deathly ill. You can still contract it and spread it.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, chrisbangkok said:

I'm still flabbergasted Thailand isn't manufacturing vaccines in country , they have all the tech required

But vaccines ARE being manufactured in Thailand.
The issue is more likely that the only manufacturer prefers the current state of affairs - i.e., a single source monopoly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BobinBKK said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Before complaining, first find out if the Thai’s next to you can get vaccines or not, find out how they got vaccines and do your best to follow suit (i.e. get yourself into the Thai system). 

In fact I have many Thai friends that have been vaccinated already, and a few others (including my GF) that are refusing to take Sinovac. The friends (Thai) that have been vaccinated received their jabs at two different locations in Bangkok. Those locations DO NOT accept foreigners, period.

Pretty much all the locations which are vaccinating Thai’s vaccinate anyone who has registered on the Mor Promp system - your nationality is irrelevant. The only thing that matters whether or not you are registered on the Thai system (with the 13 digit number). 

You may be referring to walk-in centres - i.e. Bang Sue, etc, but there have been reports of Foreigners getting vaccinated there too. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, J Town said:

You can STILL spread Covid even after being vaccinated. The vaccine only prevents YOU from getting deathly ill. You can still contract it and spread it.

To a far far lesser degree. The virus does not replicate in your body, there is vastly reduced viral load such that PCR tests do not recognise the virus in ‘most’ who have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2. 

For all but the most pedantic of people its quite obvious that *most vaccinated people do not contract Covid-10 or spread the SARS-CoV-2 virus. 

(*vaccinated with AZ or mRNA vaccines)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 4:07 PM, DonaldBattles said:

The doctor in Chiang Rai said foreigner would not receive vaccinations until all of the Thais have been vaccinated. Also, none available in private hospitals. My wife went to a mass vaccination today and for people under 60 all they had was Chinese Sinovac. She told them no thank you as it does not cover variant G. I have an appointment at the university hospital for August 23. The waiting time is 2 months. God only knows if they will have the vaccine. Time for Sinovac to be stopped. 600 people in Bangkok had both doses and still contacted the virus. Really sucks! The government needs to stop buying Sinovac!

So what do you guys think up there in Chiang Rai.  What month in 2022 do you think that they'll have "All Thais Vaccinated."  If it actually is "All Thais Must Be Vaccinated Before Any Foreigners Can Get A Shot" then I should reword the question to be, "What year do you guys up in Chiang Rai think you'll get your vaccination?  2022, 2023, 2024..."

Watching that exercise in xenophobia is rather entertaining. 
It will be fun to watch, especially when Chiang Rai immigration mandates two shots but getting even one shot from a Chiang Rai hospital/clinic is impossible because, No Foreigners Will Be Vaccinated Until All Thais Have Had Their Shots
Then what if suddenly All Thais Need Boosters Before Any Foreigners Can Get A Shot and you haven't had your first or second shot yet.

I'll be watching this show!
World_Burn_Popcorn.png.20995ef3ed6a29656e1f7d2460db8716.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

you mentioned a loophole in the mor prom before ,what loophole? its always been available for us who bothered to get pink cards ,and is not a loophole.

If you bothered to read my previous posts which you didn't.

1. All the people manning the registration booths told me that the initial stage is for Thai citizens only.

2. Mor Prom is for Thai citizens and PR to register only.  It was never meant for foreigners with pink ID. 

3. There is another application for foreigners with and without pink ID to register.

Edited by EricTh

27 minutes ago, connda said:

So what do you guys think up there in Chiang Rai.  What month in 2022 do you think that they'll have "All Thais Vaccinated."  If it actually is "All Thais Must Be Vaccinated Before Any Foreigners Can Get A Shot" then I should reword the question to be, "What year do you guys up in Chiang Rai think you'll get your vaccination?  2022, 2023, 2024..."

Watching that exercise in xenophobia is rather entertaining. 
It will be fun to watch, especially when Chiang Rai immigration mandates two shots but getting even one shot from a Chiang Rai hospital/clinic is impossible because, No Foreigners Will Be Vaccinated Until All Thais Have Had Their Shots
Then what if suddenly All Thais Need Boosters Before Any Foreigners Can Get A Shot and you haven't had your first or second shot yet.

I'll be watching this show!
World_Burn_Popcorn.png.20995ef3ed6a29656e1f7d2460db8716.png

Many of the Thais in my village in |CR say they don't want any vaccine...so if that is the situation then all thaia will not be vaccinated and therefore no foreighners will be either, kow jai??

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What's that supposed to mean?

If you are Aussie, then you should check this from Richard Barrow...

Good news for Australians living in #Bangkok. The Australian Ambassador (@AusAmbBKK) has just announced the embassy has secured some AstraZeneca vaccine for their citizens. This will be done at SCG HQ in Bang Sue on Sunday at 1pm. Register here: https://thailand.embassy.gov.au Good luck!

27 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

Many of the Thais in my village in |CR say they don't want any vaccine...so if that is the situation then all thaia will not be vaccinated and therefore no foreighners will be either, kow jai??

Interestingly enough, down here in my village in rural Lamphun, less than 1/3 of the residents of our village are registered.  If you ask them most don't want it.

I just wonder if you guys get caught in a Catch-22 situation.
CR Government:  "All Thais must be vaccinated before farang.
Reality: Only ~50% of Thais show up for vaccinations.  Therefore, all Thais never get vaccinated, so no farangs are allowed to get vaccinated.  The presupposes you want a shot.  It seems most farangs are clamoring for their shots.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EricTh said:

1. All the people manning the registration booths told me that the initial stage is for Thai citizens only.

2. Mor Prom is for Thai citizens and PR to register only.  It was never meant for foreigners with pink ID. 

3. There is another application for foreigners with and without pink ID to register.

You are quite comically insisting that Mor Promp app was not supposed to be used by foreigners. 

Meanwhile, loads of foreigners have been getting their vaccinations via Mor Promp and have been doing so since the very beginning. 

You want to continue arguing its not for foreigners, meanwhile foreigners continue to use Mor Promp to register and secure vaccines. 

The point you want to make is not only moot, its utterly meaningless....   this is just a downright strange issue to have... Almost as if you are upset with foreigners for getting a vaccine.

• Like 2

How many times have I read an article that says the Mor Phrom app was shut down after a short period.  At least five diff ones I think.  The Thai Intervac site was discontinued after a  very short time and the central govt told the provences to develop their own system.

Also the only farangs I know who got siinovac, which is being given now and was at the start of the vac for lesser folk, have gotten theirs at outlling sites far from the eyes of the CR Health Dept upper staff and were with their Thai wives at the time.  Maybe some single farangs got onto MP app at he beginning but not known exactly how many.  I know several farang men without their wives present who were turned away with only for Thai explanation,, including myself and other single men.

Now I am finally registered here in CR thru the govt hosp. for AZ when it arrives but only after getting the pink thai id thru my amphure office where I have been known for many years.  Whether I will be given the vacc , I don't know.

I have heard of a  man I know that got an AZ shot at a local university lately, could because of his age, med condition and having a Thai wife who has two daughters that he is putting thru school there..  Supposedly a word of mouth situation.

22 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

He didn't say it did.

If you're going to be pedantry, at least try and get it right; because it's a little bit embarrassing when you get it wrong

If you are going to be 'pedantic' is less embarrassing when correcting pedants who get it wrong.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:51 AM, finnsk said:

There is all reasons to be frustrated as a forreigner.

There is actually no serious way, at this moment, to make a vax appointment as a forreigner without workpermit or thai ID.

We do not exist, but our money they love.

It may vary from Province to Province.  I am registered with the local hospital but have a Thai ID. However, an English friend of mine was also able to register with just his passport and Thai drivers license.  Another friend in the neighboring village registered about 2 weeks before me and has already had his first shot but it seems the hospital has now run out.  Can see no evidence that Thais are being given preferential treatment in our area. 

21 hours ago, connda said:

But vaccines ARE being manufactured in Thailand.
The issue is more likely that the only manufacturer prefers the current state of affairs - i.e., a single source monopoly.

But still question marks, where is the output going? 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:09 PM, PeeJayEm said:

Because what you have just described means it is selective racsism.  another example is that I spent an hour in BNH being  told that any vaccine they get will be only for Thais even though I've always used that hospital.  So yes - it is constitutionally racist

Because non-Thai is a race?

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 6:38 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Pretty much all the locations which are vaccinating Thai’s vaccinate anyone who has registered on the Mor Promp system - your nationality is irrelevant. The only thing that matters whether or not you are registered on the Thai system (with the 13 digit number). 

You may be referring to walk-in centres - i.e. Bang Sue, etc, but there have been reports of Foreigners getting vaccinated there too. 

Mostly those of us that are on a retirement extension don't have Thai ID numbers.

Bang Sue: Foreigners 75+ only.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:02 PM, connda said:

Aussie's probably will still say that they live in a freedom loving democracy that cherishes personal liberties. 

The absolute amazing thing about modern propaganda and psychological techniques are that those who are the targets never even have a clue.  Honestly, it's that effective!  I'm actually incredibly impressed.  It's awe inspiring in it's sheer audacity and magnitude.  Here we are: you tell the commoners to jump and they'll ask "How high?"  
Lord - The Land of Human Border Collies. 

I think what's really amazing is that there are people who actually believe that there is a coordinated conspiracy of researchers and public health officials to pursue some sinister Orwellian agenda. I'm not claiming that such opinions smack of right wing paranois but ...actually, come to think of it, I am claiming that.

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 8:22 PM, EricTh said:

well i registered with my pink id on mor prom and when i turned up at the hospital they didnt blink an eye just smiled and gave me a seat .got my az about half an hour later ,after having my free water ,