Vax shambles: Bang Sue situation improves but up-country people told to get their jabs at home, there's plenty

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The director of the Department of Medical Services said that the overcrowding situation at the Bang Sue Grand Central station vaccination center improved yesterday.

This came after army personnel arrived on Tuesday to paint lines to help the crowds after discussions from the government, transport ministry and state railways, reported Daily News.

Somsak Akkhasin urged people to stick to their appointment times between 9 am and 5 pm and not to queue by 8am as that still caused problems early yesterday morning. 

He said there was lots of vaccine and advised people there were other places in the capital where they could be jabbed.

He said that 20-30% of the people at Bang Sue were from the provinces and he suspected that some had organised chartered transport.

He said they would all get jabbed but urged them to try and get their vaccination at home as the MoPH had sent plenty of supplies. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said they would all get jabbed but urged them to try and get their vaccination at home as the MoPH had sent plenty of supplies. 

Shows how much he knows! You cannot get vaccinated in Khon Kaen for love or money!  Perhaps, from time to time, the safely vaccinated powers that be in Bangkok should ask for the opinions of that vast majority of citizens who actually live and work in provinces in Isaan and the North (excluding the much favoured Chiang Mai of course)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Why not give 2 hour slots rather than an all day single slot? At least then people will (should) arrive throughout the day. 

You big thinker, you!!!  I'm gonna nominate you for an executive post at the MoPH!!!  ????

You've got the kind of top notch executive management skills they desperately need!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, rwill said:

When you get your appointment you get a specific time.  My wife's was 11am when she went.  Of course having walk ins this month mangled that.

That's good, I was going on my experience (at a different location), where the appointment time on the card was 8:00 - 17:00, of course the line was already long at 7:30 when I got there.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Somsak Akkhasin urged people to stick to their appointment times between 9 am and 5 pm and not to queue by 8am as that still caused problems early yesterday morning.

Clueless, send the vaccines to provinces to be administered where you live.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said they would all get jabbed but urged them to try and get their vaccination at home as the MoPH had sent plenty of supplies

I've tried 3 times in my provincial government hospital to register or get a vaccine, all 3 times told to wait?

Maybe there's a misunderstanding or something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeeTua said:

The Daily News article in Thai said distribution of the vaccine to the provinces had taken place. There was no mention of "plenty of supplies"

If my area is any example the distribution so far is so minimal that local health care workers can't get vaccinated much less the other at risk groups.

The same here in Nong Khai.  None available.

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

Why not give 2 hour slots rather than an all day single slot? At least then people will (should) arrive throughout the day. 

This is obviously some strange use of the word "plenty" that I wasn't previously aware of.

This is what I just don't understand. There's all this "registration" nonsense, why? It's not as if they will ever over-order! Boosters will be needed, probably until a lifetime vax is developed.

Now if the registration actually helped, as you point out, by allocating a time to show up, it would make sense.

I may be writing under a false assumption here, but nowhere else in the world is "registration" a thing. The health systems of all countries, including Thailand already have everyone "registered".

Endless bloody paperwork here, busywork when anything new comes around,  is just a pavlov habit here. And there is really no time for it right now, nor is it helping at all in any practical sense.

Here regardless if you're a Thai or visitor, the onus and burden is on you, the responsibility, the blame, the recriminations, the guilt, the shame, the.... 

The word "Blame" here is in every news report regarding human stupidity (durian van man blaming GPS today is just beyond bizarre).

It's not even so much the bureaucracy but the fact it's still all steam-driven in 2021, the only apps that function passably are commercial ones. 

In a perverse way Covid is the supreme kick up the jacksie this place has needed since the Vietnam war era. 

Hopefully 5G will force them to go all the way or be left the sick terminal man of Asia.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, grandpa said:

Shows how much he knows! You cannot get vaccinated in Khon Kaen for love or money!  Perhaps, from time to time, the safely vaccinated powers that be in Bangkok should ask for the opinions of that vast majority of citizens who actually live and work in provinces in Isaan and the North (excluding the much favoured Chiang Mai of course)

Do you know something about "much favoured Chiangmai" that we don't know up here?

• Thanks 1

My wife's friend and husband were due for their second shot  of AZ on August 3rd  in Issan ! 

They got a call today ,saying don't come in .we will call you when we have it !

Edited by riclag
Text
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that 20-30% of the people at Bang Sue were from the provinces and he suspected that some had organised chartered transport.

<deleted>. Bangkok is deep red. No one in or out, unless out by chartered train, to spread the disease.

How about the workers from the provinces who stayed in BKK? Has he verified his assertion with evidence, if so, where?

Arrogance of the man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I've tried 3 times in my provincial government hospital to register or get a vaccine, all 3 times told to wait?

Maybe there's a misunderstanding or something.

guess they lost the supposed central government memo instructing provincial hospitals to treat farangs equally when it comes to vaccinations... Unless your local folks aren't vaccinating anyone right now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JoePai said:

Liar

Indeed, these frakking liars don't send us vaccines, while they ship us trainloads of their Covid.