Thailand reports record high of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

4 hours ago, Almer said:

These images are being shown all over the world and Thailand expect tourists to come. My sister in the Uk has had 2  and is waiting a booster jab, on arrival thet are shown where to park, are told to touch noting and follow a one way walk system at all times in the presence of staff ensuring compliance with regs, after the compulsory 20 minute post vax wait its back to the car and a member of staff wipes the car door handles and opens the doors, in the vaccination zone you touch nothing, or as seen on world news you can do it the thai way, and hope.

Well apart from the wiping of car door handles (many people carry bottles of sanitiser) that was my experience in UK for both my vaxes and also the experience of many friends here. Sadly not in Thailand......... 

6 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Absolutely awful. This Indian variant has been horrific. 

Out of all this i still don't understand how the virus entered Thailand - is it safe to assume the borders were never secure at any point? The unstable situation in India and Myanmar was probably the route into Thailand. Surely those borders should have been manned with the military. 

Or it just mutated inside Thailand.

Nothing to do with borders or outside influences.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 178 deaths in #Thailand

92 males & 86 females

4 foreigners died

Median age is 67 (15-97 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (64)

Deaths reported in 36 provinces

46% died within 6 days of diagnosis

12 died in their homes

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421363226722267138

Added details:

The foreign national deaths breakdown was 2 from China and 1 each from Cambodia and Myanmar.

20 new deaths in Samut Prakan province, following on the 32 reported there two days ago. The second highest province death toll reported today after Bangkok.

Note the age of the youngest death -- a 15-year-old with cerebral palsy.

Of the dozen deaths at home, 5 were in Bangkok, 3 in Samut Prakan, 2 in Pathum Thani, and 1 each in Ubon Ratchathani and Pattani.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

FAKE NEWS, REAL NEWS, FAKE DEATHS – AND A PANICKY THAI GOV’T

If you cannot control COVID-19 outbreak, then try controlling people’s perception about the outbreak instead. This is what the government of Gen Prayut Chan-ocha is desperately trying to do.

Quoting from that linked article:

"As if the regime couldn’t sink lower, a police spokesman on Thursday warned people not to fake collapse and COVID-19 deaths on the streets. "

Then the question to ask is "Who decides what is fake and what is genuine news?" This government? This isn't just a "slippery slope" it's more like a helter-skelter of (mis)information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Just to follow up on my previous post with some statistics from an NPR article:

U.S. COVID Deaths Are Rising Again. Experts Call It A 'Pandemic Of The Unvaccinated'

Maybe that article should be entitled "A Pandemic of the Stupid". In the US and here in UK, where we have no excuse to go unvaccinated, these people are total idiots!

Whilst in Thailand and Myanmar that description is applied to the Governments! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Initial infections would not have come from anyone vaccinated

Incorrect.  Vaccinated people can still be carriers and infect others, including the UNvaccinated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So beginning of August will see the 20,000 per day and projecting the beginning of Sept will see 30,000. Tomorrow sees Thailand move into the 600,000's of infections and by September this will be the 700,000's. Once again these are official numbers and I agree with others that ART's now seem to be part of a massive coverup. Prayut tells politicians they should use sound judgement. Do as I say not as I do. What a fool. 

I apologize to everyone who liked my previous post. I was completely wrong with my numbers for the beginning of September. In my early morning haze I got 100,000 a month when I was thinking 100,000 a wk. End of August should see >1,000,000 (official numbers). 

1 hour ago, Stront said:

I will play.

Whats the exact period.

What total number of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

What strains did they have, in each group.

What region/s was the statistic from.

.08% means nothing without the underlying data.  Please feel free to provide it, now that you have quoted it, and we can properly analyze what it actually means.

Great. 

99.5% of Covid-19 deaths in the US are unvaccinated people. 

Care to explain why vaccination is ineffective? 

wait until you start reaching 50K case a day, that is if you can test that many people

that should bring about 1,000 deaths per day like we say in other countries of similar size

total deaths would be 110K within the next 12 months,

and then wait another 10 months to get everyone vaccinated

TIMELINE: Si Racha, Sattahip, and Chonburi inform residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases.

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/31/timeline-si-racha-sattahip-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases-6/

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

One shot of any Vaccine is not going to give any protection against the Delta variant.

But 2 Doses stands a chance.

Can you give a link for that?     I haven't read anything that pessimistic about these vaccines.  

1 hour ago, spetersen said:

Anutin says vaccination of 1.000.000 people every day (Very good), as an example; that would be to vaccinate 1000 people at 1000 different venues every day seven days a week. (possible yes). Requirement 30.000.000 doses a month. Where are those coming from (impossible as of now) and that would result in the whole population in Thailand would be vaccinated within 2,5 month with the first jab and the second within 5 months from now . I hope for all of us this will happened but the key is supply of vaccin... also note that children need to be vaccinated... EVERYONE NEED TO BE VACCINATED, look at US. with the antiwax movement , easy on a peace of paper but the reality is different.

Quote  "look at US. with the antiwax movement...."

I flatly refuse to look at anything less than a full brazilian!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Cook said:

Thank god that most people recover from this.

Ya, it's great as long as you can avoid being among the nearly 1 percent of all COVID cases who die in Thailand OR among the 22 percent of all cases in the Bangkok region who end up being hospitalized with moderate to severe symptoms. Right now, nearly 4,700 COVID patients in Thailand in critical condition.

Other than that... it's a walk in the park.  ????

The chart below is for Bangkok region COVID hospitalizations as of July 24:

Red is critical, yellow is moderate, dark green is mild. Light green is asymptomatic.

2043352630_2021-07-26HospitalizationsBreakdown.jpg.2ee53e6cb6a05b44ae0acd1f110df766.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/373181097633554/?type=3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Anyone follow the Thai news?

Wife says there is a meeting tomorrow to consider a total (whatever that means) lockdown of Deep Red areas........anyone else hear anything?

wouldn't surprise me, easy solution when you are dealing with an incompetent government

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Wife says there is a meeting tomorrow to consider a total (whatever that means) lockdown of Deep Red areas........anyone else hear anything?

The recent round of lockdown restrictions in dark red zones was due to run thru Aug. 2. I believe, they need to decide what to do beyond the early part of next week.

4 minutes ago, Cunning Stunts said:

No, please tell us more.

Phuket Governor Narong Woonsiew said on Saturday that the tourism sandbox campaign in the province would not be affected by the increased screening measures to prevent imported Covid-19 cases. #Phuket #COVID19 #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004009

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Do they work on Sundays? 

Since they waited until the day before August 2 to make a decision, it's likely it will be a simple one: extend 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Of the dozen deaths at home, 5 were in Bangkok, 3 in Samut Prakan, 2 in Pathum Thani, and 1 each in Ubon Ratchathani and Pattani.

I thought our fearless leader just the other day declared that he didn't want to see any more COVID patients dying at home (presumably because they couldn't receive hospital care). Well, so much for that one!

• Like 1