Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

29 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I hear that Nakhon Ratchasima has announced strict lockdown measures.

My wifes factory as from tomorrow has incarcerated everyone in various hotels around korat for a month shipping them to and from the hotel to work,if they refuse then their jobs in jeopardy, don't ask me  where jeopardy is ..????

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As I predicted last week 20,000 was coming. It didn't take much intellect. The question next is when will it hit 30,000? By the end of Next week or August?

Either way it isn't good for Thailand or the people.

As soon as they up the scale of testing the results will follow. I am curious to know how many people are tested each day to give an idea of tested to result ratio.

Does anybody know accurately how many are tested each day and the percentage of positives/negatives from that?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Every day is a new high and today we surpassed the 20,000 mark for the first time. It’s going to take a few months of lockdown to recover from this. Most cases today are in Bangkok (4,130), Chonburi (1,681), and Samut Sakhon (1,294) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422719263261872128

4 Aug: 20,200 - 188 dead  0,8% Dead.   From 70.000.000 peoples how many dead generally for days ? I will to know.....

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Good thing I'm at the Phuket airport now getting my second jab...A-Z ????

Guess that situation is even a more pleasant feeling for you knowing that vast majority are not in such a fuzzy situation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

My wifes factory as from tomorrow has incarcerated everyone in various hotels around korat for a month shipping them to and from the hotel to work,if they refuse then their jobs in jeopardy, don't ask me  where jeopardy is ..????

I read in the papers there is 2000 jobs in Jeopardy, Lets go!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

wow, talk about abuse - forcing people to continue working while putting themselves in danger just to keep the money flowing into greedy pockets

I know exactly what I'd be telling these s cum bags

Exactly,,, I've told her not to go but she likes working there and wants to keep her job,

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm afraid you would have to look at who are the power brokers in that and other favoured provinces to find the answer dear chap.

I am sure you understand, "we got you the good vaccines" will be a powerful argument when the time comes to harvest the votes!

Of course all politicians do this sort of thing, to varying degrees worldwide, but here the venality and self serving corruption are to all intents and purposes institutionalised.

Yes they all do it i remember funding to certain villages and not to others under an other government. This is how they "buy" their votes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Guess that situation is even a more pleasant feeling for you knowing that vast majority are not in such a fuzzy situation.

It is what it is...I came to Phuket in March when things were pretty good countrywide. Since then it's gone down the tubes and as cases were always minimal here (and rooms are cheap due to the lack of tourists) I have stayed on. It's just luck the govt made a demonstration project out of the island and has quickly vaccinated everyone for free.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

From yesterday evening:

I just came back from taking our ex-teacher to the airport. We were only stopped at one checkpoint on a frontage road. As cars & motorcycles whizzed past us on the highway, he just asked me where I was going. I said the airport. That was it. Didn’t ask to see any documents 

I decided to come back from the airport on the outer-ring road. Toll booths were open as normal. This time I didn’t pass any roadblocks. I was quite surprised about the number of vehicles on the roads, but yes, much quieter than normal. I hope this information is of use to you.

There’s no ban on interprovincial travel. The government is just asking people to refrain from travelling far. But if your journey is essential you can do it. A friend just came back to Bangkok by car after finishing the Phuket Sandbox. She said they weren’t stopped at all.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422586553042227204

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, retsdon said:

It's not rocket science we're talking here, just basic administrative competence and organization. 

Well, when just getting a simple web-registration system to work properly is a challenge… I would not be too hopeful.

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

From yesterday evening:

I just came back from taking our ex-teacher to the airport. We were only stopped at one checkpoint on a frontage road. As cars & motorcycles whizzed past us on the highway, he just asked me where I was going. I said the airport. That was it. Didn’t ask to see any documents 

I decided to come back from the airport on the outer-ring road. Toll booths were open as normal. This time I didn’t pass any roadblocks. I was quite surprised about the number of vehicles on the roads, but yes, much quieter than normal. I hope this information is of use to you.

There’s no ban on interprovincial travel. The government is just asking people to refrain from travelling far. But if your journey is essential you can do it. A friend just came back to Bangkok by car after finishing the Phuket Sandbox. She said they weren’t stopped at all.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422586553042227204

Seems that even the "curfew" is a token gesture!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Some things never change - no matter the urgency of the operation, still bring two copies of your I. D. with you!

But how else can the Thai government prop up their investment in companies that sell office supplies and paper. ????

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

No place to hide now. Closing provincial borders is likely meaningless at this point, because the entire country is already blanketed in virus and per capita infection rates in every province are likely converging. Bangkok is probably a better place to be, because it has easier (though still difficult) access to vaccines and has better medical care. The health system everywhere in Thailand is getting stretched, but care is better---if it can be gotten---in Bangkok.

Lockdowns and business closures will stop the spread in places of business, but will shift the risk to homes, as if one member of a household has the virus it will likely be passed to all under the same roof. Thus, folks won't get Covid at the office or beauty parlor, but will get it at home.

Within a week we'll see 25,000 new infections and 200 deaths in a day. The trend is onward and upward until a high enough percent of folks are vaccinated and thus might be able to avoid---not the infection itself---but the most dire aspects of it. Vaccines for Covid are not designed to stop infection, but to obviate the worst effects.

The great unknown risk now is the ability of vaccine developers to stay ahead of newly emerging variants. Delta is currently addressed adequately by the nRNA varieties, but it remains an unknown how long antibodies remain. If a booster is actually needed, that means more time for Thailand to get these most effective vaccines (countries will keep at home for their own populace). Lambda is also spreading, and maybe that can beat some of the vaccines. Apparently yet another variant has emerged in the US State of FL, where the anti-vax crowd holds sway.

In a sense there is a tale of two vulnerabilities. In Thailand it has been incompetence of the govt that has resulted in the mess. In a place like the US, it is idiocy on the part of many of the people (anti-vax, the "Dem Hoax" demographic, the Free Dumb crowd, the 'magnetized by a vax or Bill Gates' microchip moonbats') who are responsible.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are showing great viability after 6 months.  

• Like 1