Electric Tuk-Tuks costing as little as 60,000 baht ready by October

webfact

2 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Bsssss bsssss?

15 minutes ago, lom said:

hum-hum

zzzzz zzzzz    ????

6 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Great because the two-stroke tuk-tuks stink up the entire city! 

Most (all) of them are running on LPG  not very stinky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lesmac said:

Not sure if any 2 strokes left, they use Daihatsu 3 cylinder 4 strokes running on LPG

That's interesting  last time I was in Bangkok (2017)

I'm sure there where still lots of 2 strokers they have the 2 stroke sound that 4 strokes don't make.....well unless they already had the sound machine fitted ????

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dreams, dreams, dreams. They could have had electric Tuktuks for decades using lead acid batteries, but didn't. Easy enough to design them with slide out slide in option for fully charged batteries from a depot.

Does Bkk have the electricity infrastructure in place to charge all the envisaged electric vehicles?

When they come into use I hope they have a warning sound permanently on or people will get run over, IMO.

People have eyes

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dreams, dreams, dreams. They could have had electric Tuktuks for decades using lead acid batteries, but didn't. Easy enough to design them with slide out slide in option for fully charged batteries from a depot.

Does Bkk have the electricity infrastructure in place to charge all the envisaged electric vehicles?

When they come into use I hope they have a warning sound permanently on or people will get run over, IMO.

Can charge them from home  with a suitable battery charger. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

excellent news. i've been talking about this for years, still can't believe it's actually happening, a really positive move - might need an incentivised push to get the old versions off the road. the current tuk tuks are noisy, polluting and dangerous - though i accept this is often due to the idiot driving.

electric vehicles are coming, this is a start, the support infrastructure now needs to be put in place in bangkok and thailand as a whole, ideally with government subsidy/grants. thailand is already behind the curve in this but if they get going now they will not be as far behind as in other transportation initiatives; e.g. a high speed, or even modern, railway system, moving towards trams, which many western cities started a decade or more ago.

And where does Thailand's electricity come from?  Trading LPG for coal?  Hmm.

Maybe if they install windmills on the farmland and the beaches all will be good!

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Okay....

How far and how long on one charge?

How long to fully charge?

How long do the batteries last before replacement?

How much does battery replacements cost?

Never mind the cost think environment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Thai Dan said:

And where does Thailand's electricity come from?  Trading LPG for coal?  Hmm.

Maybe if they install windmills on the farmland and the beaches all will be good!

There's many solar panel generating electricity for the grid