Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

Who's asking?

What is the context?

Why are they asking?

Are they maintaining social distancing when asking?

Are they wearing a mask?

Unless it is a man with a gun (RTP/RTA) or immigration, I'd probably politely ignore the question feigning deafness or point to headphones, or say "no understand".

Most people here are currently half-vaxxed.

Answering honestly might come across badly (half-a$$ed). Or require a complex answer about which vaccine, when the first shot was and when the second one is scheduled.

Waste of time.

• Like 1

I would like to be asked, but whomever asks may not like the answer.

It would be nice to give a positive answer, unfortunately at present it would be negative.

I have just received an email from Expatvac stating: 'After reviewing your registration, it cannot be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding'

So much for that little effort.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I not only do not object to that question, I welcome it. 

However, I don't think just a "yes" or "no" answer is sufficient. I think you should be required to show proof of a vaccination. 

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

totally agree .....   as an American you should have been one of the 1st to receive the Pfizer donated vaccine,  the US in charge should have made that a pre-condition.  imo

I have no problem with frontline medical personnel getting their shots but … I will report any progress this week or lack thereof … Today some in Chiang Mai, having been told previously that they were successfully registered, are being told that their registration is faulty. Whether an individual or a website mass mailing issue, .I do not know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1