Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

18 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Here in Thailand, I'm not offended nor do I care. If I was in the US with all the judgmental people, even if I was vax'd I'd tell them NOYB. 

"Not On Your??" What is the B? Another poster who thinks he/she is texting.

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:28 AM, kwonitoy said:

I have no problem answering, it's a fair enough question during these times.

For the record, not vaccinated Issan dweller hoping to become vaccinated soon

Right answer! I am hoping I can get some sort of electronic passport for convenience and easy verification. Falangs that are not willing to vaccinate should have their visas cancelled and refused entry. 

One Sinovac dose and due for an AZ jab next week. I hope it comes through. It looks like they are starting to get more vaccines in, I hope it is not too late.

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2021 at 1:41 PM, bbko said:

I wouldn't object to being asked if I got the vaccine or not.  Fairly easy to say Yes or No or It's none of your business.  

But it is other people's business. I can't enter another country unless I can show I've been vaccinated  first. Safety precautions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If anyone, I mean in small talk with people I know, ask me any questions about vacccines or anything else, I will answer them truthfully.

Anyone else, to any question, vaccines or not, I will give them the answer that suits me.

Yes, that just makes you part of the problem. ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I got the full AZ vaccination as soon as available for my age. Coming soon I will get a Pfizer booster.

I was keen to get the shots:

- For my own health

- To ensure I'm doing as much as I can to protect my family

- So that I'm contributing to getting the numbers up in regard to the total numbers and the % of the community up, in my immediate and the wider community and the country. 

I have no hesitation to say 'Yes, I've had 2 AZ shots'.

Further, If I end up on a bus or plane or in a taxi I'm hoping that those close to me are vaccinated and i automatically wear a mask and try to do distancing as best possible

To be honest, I find folks who say 'I'm strong, I don't need it' to be very ignorant and very selfish.

But If they make such statements and look for any reason to avoid masks or avoid distancing, then I hope laws are changed/enhanced to punish these people.  

I add a little more;   I've now got an app. on my phone to a secure government website for Medicare records and I'm more than happy to show my personal immunization record to any body who asks.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How about a check-mark tattooed on everyone's forehead after they're vaccinated? 

1238462712_sarcasmsmall.png.d3316373904d896038f1370f7d38ce6c.png

And those without the tattoo  forced to walk around ringing a bell and shouting "unclean unclean"  !!!!!!    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

On who?

"On whom" surely?

Fetching my coat.

And, if someone asked if I've been jabbed I have no issue telling them "yes" truthfully (OK 1 Az dose).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, johng said:

1238462712_sarcasmsmall.png.d3316373904d896038f1370f7d38ce6c.png

And those without the tattoo  forced to walk around ringing a bell and shouting "unclean unclean"  !!!!!!    

I'm sure will be some little fascist wearing a white coat along shortly, to inform that all filthy foreigners must register to be bar-coded and micro-chipped like the dogs we are.. ????

In the meantime, I'm wearing my most powerful amulet and Tiger balm.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

90 years ago Aldous Huxley hit the nail squarely on the head.  The only slight miss in the prediction of a future dystopian world was that he missed the "pharmacological method of making people love their servitude" which even he believed would be a form of "soma."  Instead that "pharmacological method" is a vaccine that does not provide full immunity but only limited, non-lasting efficacy which will require boosters possibly forever.
And people love it!

They love their masks, they love their shots, they love their vaccine passports and they love to despise all who fail to follow the will of the collective.

"My friend.  Are you one of the vaccinated?  Are you - one of us?  Can you prove it?"

Do you people who think like this actually understand where this polarization leads?  The answer can be found in both dystopian fiction as well as in history books.  Tread very carefully friends.

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution”

I’m not sure from that offering that you’ve actually read Huxley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

I read today that the Governor of Texas, who is an open anti-vaxxer, anti mask wearer, has gone down with C19....????

He's not an anti-masker. He's been fully vaccinated. But he won't allow businesses or school districts to impose masking requirements. 

But if you want to see a case of "serves him right" look up Cardinal Raymond Burke, an extreme right-winger who's been spreading lies about vaccinations and refused to wear a mask in defiance of local law. Last time I checked, he was on a ventilator.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:05 AM, cdemundo said:

I would have no problem under any circumstances.

In what circumstance are we talking about?

There are already places where you have to show proof of vaccine to go to restaurants, bars, shows etc.

As far as it being "none of your business" that depends.

On this forum, absolutely, nobody can catch COVID from my replies on here.

But any time I am face to face with someone it is indeed their business.

Lying about your vaccination status in a face to face situation; that would be immoral, unethical, effed up.

LOL. If you feel like that just treat everyone as if they are not, and protect yourself. You are responsible for yourself, and others, IMO, are not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Dick Z said:

It is well known (by some, but quite a lot of Thais) that dirty farangs are responsible for the source and spreading of Covid.  So in places like the BTS you get awkward looks or body language signs when you sit next to Thais. So I (proudly) wear a button stating I am vaccinated and even have a T-shirt with the same statement. It may also encourage others. I find it extremely important that as many people get vaccinated as possible to get out of the mess.afbeelding.png.43418f3f78d832ad54103475e6d00ad7.png

Ummm. you think every Thai can read English?

If you use the BTS you must be in Bkk, and fakes are easy to get in Bkk. Would you really trust that a T shirt was correct?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

He's not an anti-masker. He's been fully vaccinated. But he won't allow businesses or school districts to impose masking requirements. 

But if you want to see a case of "serves him right" look up Cardinal Raymond Burke, an extreme right-winger who's been spreading lies about vaccinations and refused to wear a mask in defiance of local law. Last time I checked, he was on a ventilator.

Yes, anyone that disagrees with the official position of the government deserves to die! 

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ummm. you think every Thai can read English?

If you use the BTS you must be in Bkk, and fakes are easy to get in Bkk. Would you really trust that a T shirt was correct?

Can you trust anything here? Its just the best i can do.

• Haha 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Yes, anyone that disagrees with the official position of the government deserves to die! 

He's a Cardinal in the church and has lots of followers.  Here's the kind of cr*p he told them:

"The cardinal also repeated a conspiracy theory that falsely claims vaccines could used to implant microchips. "There is a certain movement to insist that now everyone must be vaccinated against the coronavirus COVID-19, and even that a kind of microchip needs to be placed under the skin of every person, so that at any moment, he or she can be controlled regarding health and regarding other matters, which we can only imagine as a possible object of control by the state," he said."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/raymond-leo-cardinal-burke-catholic-ventilator-covid-19-misinformation/

You want to dignify that as a disagreement?

• Like 1