Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Can you name these vaccines you referred to and identify which are available in Thailand.

Yes

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s this nonsense about mandatory masks for ever? I’ve never heard such s thing suggested.

I have

• Haha 1

I have more sympathy for the deserters of the first world war or the Vietnam draft dodges than I have for the antivaxers. When so little effort is required to makes us all heroes of the Covid war. 

So yes, I don't mind if people who don't contribute are deprived of some of the goodies of life.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You lose friends by not having sex with them? That has not been my experience.

My friends are all male ............... I don't want to have sex with them.

@Boomer6969If you're vaccinated, you're safe, no need to wish harm on others.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

I have more sympathy for the deserters of the first world war or the Vietnam draft dodges than I have for the antivaxers. When so little effort is required to makes us all heroes of the Covid war. 

So yes, I don't mind if people who don't contribute are deprived of some of the goodies of life.

Yes, getting vaccinated makes one a true hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt we'll start giving out medals.

I get asked many questions by many people about many things. Rarely is a response required.  Now in many places in the USA they have signs in places saying unvaccinated must wear masks. Vaccinated do not need to wear masks.  But, they do not ask for proof of vaccination so it is a moot point.  However, some cities in the USA have now passed laws mandating that places only allow in Vaccinated people and the businesses are required to check vaccination documentation.  Good luck with that.  The vaccine cards I have seen are not electronically based, and trivial to forge.   And now businesses are supposed to be trained on all the different types of vaccine cards out there, some people got emails, some got little paper receipts, some got notifications on the smart phone apps, etc.  It is far from standardized

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, getting vaccinated makes one a true hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt we'll start giving out medals.

yeah some people just need a rallying point in their lives so they strike out at anybody that doesn't do or say what they believe in.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Goodies?  I have not seen much that I would miss, certainly nothing that I need if they did not allow in un vaccinated people.  Either way, there is no way they would know for sure if the person is or is not vaccinated.  I bet a lot of people may wake up and realize they do not need that $5 starbucks. They may realize they do not need other expensive things they became slaves to.  They may find that after a few months they have an extra thousand dollars or more in their bank account.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I would love to say I have but living in the north and being unable to get a jab because I am a Farang I have to say no if asked.

I will now have to change this post. I received a phone call today that I have a booking for next Wednesday for a pfizer jab. Well done to the health department. I registered on 02/08

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I could care less about your opinion regarding why I choose or don't choose to take the vaccine that has been cobbled together. I'm 65 and in perfect health, I wear a mask rather religiously (I'm sure religion is a foreign term for you), I wash my hands frequently with hot water and soap, I spray alcohol several hundred times a day on my hands and rub them together, my wife and exercise daily and social distance ourselves completely, we also order our groceries and other items we need online (no we're not hermits, unlike you, we have friends!).

So tell me, in your infinite wisdom, what is an "anti-vaxxer" and how much risk I pose to others and myself. Give me the percentages - PLEASE!

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DBath said:

I could care less about your opinion regarding why I choose or don't choose to take the vaccine that has been cobbled together. I'm 65 and in perfect health, I wear a mask rather religiously (I'm sure religion is a foreign term for you), I wash my hands frequently with hot water and soap, I spray alcohol several hundred times a day on my hands and rub them together, my wife and exercise daily and social distance ourselves completely, we also order our groceries and other items we need online (no we're not hermits, unlike you, we have friends!).

So tell me, in your infinite wisdom, what is an "anti-vaxxer" and how much risk I pose to others and myself. Give me the percentages - PLEASE!

Isn’t that something you yourself should work out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 4:37 AM, placeholder said:

Because far from everyone has been vaccinated. 

And what don't you understand about the fact that 99% of covid deaths are of the unvaccinated?

You're the one who claimed that support for mandatory vaccinations should be going down. Maybe you think there's a negative correlation between that and the surge in vaccinations. That doesn't seem a very sensible claim.

You are right, it stated above that the support for mandated vaccination was mainly among the already vaccinated.

Kind of a "ya think" statement in a way; but still your point is correct, people getting vaccinated are gonna be more likely to support a mandate.

9 hours ago, DBath said:

I'm 65 and in perfect health, I wear a mask rather religiously (I'm sure religion is a foreign term for you), I wash my hands frequently with hot water and soap, I spray alcohol several hundred times a day on my hands and .... blah blah blah

Wow, you managed to slot both religious superiority and anti vax "rationale" in there.

Colour me surprised.

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 6:15 PM, placeholder said:

Which is why there's been a surge in vaccinations in resistant areas? 

U.S. Covid vaccination rates rise as Americans in hard-hit states rush to get shots amid delta fears

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/us-covid-vaccine-rates-delta-variant.html

You have a truly bizarre idea of what poor performance is. 99% of those who die are unvaccinated as are the vast majority of those who've been hospitalized.

If there were a vaccine that prevented cancer with similar statistics would you claim that it performed poorly, too? 

Or it might be that they're paying people to get the shots...

Harris County Will Pay You $100 To Get Your First Dose Of The COVID-19 Vaccine – Houston Public Media

It is interesting that there are about ten new billionaire executives in the US pharmaceutical industry since this all started... 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Or it might be that they're paying people to get the shots...

Harris County Will Pay You $100 To Get Your First Dose Of The COVID-19 Vaccine – Houston Public Media

It is interesting that there are about ten new billionaire executives in the US pharmaceutical industry since this all started... 

So what?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DBath said:

An anti-vaxXer is a person who ignores the advice of every major medical board, National health ministry and global organization and instead clings hard to fears worries and doubts curried from websites and other alternates, such as politicians, whose purpose is not public health but to push an agenda.

One such incorrect idea is that the vaccine (sic) was "cobbled together".

In the US most of the covid-19 anti-vaxXer crowd are just adding vaccination to their conspiratorial world view. Anti-vaxX attitudes track very closely with right-wing politics, guns, religious fanaticism, presidential election theft conspiracies,  and extreme distrust of government. Two years ago they never thought about masks, and have been taking inoculations all their lives. Now they will fight in the street or an airplane over wearing a simple mask.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So what?

Dude claimed people that were not getting vaccinated previously were starting to get vaccinated because they were afraid of the latest variant of the virus.

I was  pointing out that the hundred dollar incentives that were being handed out may have some impact on getting people in as well. 

It's your thread, please try to follow along.