COVID patients with high blood pressure make up majority of deaths

snoop1130

13 hours ago, smedly said:

most people in high risk groups like those over 60 will have high blood pressure so this has no more relevance than being over 60, it's like saying those with grey hair or balding account for most covid fatalities 

I'm over 60 with grey hair, and I just had my 1st AZ shot... better have a beer quick before I peg-it.

• Haha 1

The danger of Covid to people with hypertension has been well known for quite a while, and yet Thailand - bizarrely - was testing the blood pressure of those coming to vaccination sites and refusing to vaccinate anyone with elevated BP.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Guest TerryS123

I have controlled hypertension.  Got covid at 49 and spent over a week in the hospital.  I still have mild complications 6 months later. 

Not surprising,  As Thais goes majority are poor from my observation living with locals watching their eating habits with very little education I've always felt a great majority have high blood pressure and sugar levels but don't know it many never go to the hospital until it is too late. I wouldn't be surprise many going to get their shots fill out the form regarding health check majority NO?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just search high blood pressure and Covid.  Plenty of information out there that those with high BP are twice as likely to die.

Doesn't bode very well for me then. I get jabbed today. 

• Sad 1