Data of Thailand’s 16 million patients leaked online after hack

webfact

8pm.jpg

Sanook reported that a website called Nong P3 had reported a post allegedly from the Dark Web claiming to want to sell data after a hack of Thailand's Ministry of Public Health database.

They were prepared to sell 146 files containing the data of 16 million people for $500 or just over 16,000 baht. 

The data included addresses, telephone and mobile numbers, ID numbers, dates of birth, fathers' names and hospital information in both Thai and English. 

Sanook said that the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society had contacted the MoPH to investigate and the post had now been taken down. 

The media indicated that many people online were treating the story as a joke.

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, we're screwed, not that it was unexpected, as some of gave a vast trove of personal information away in an effort to secure a vaccine, registering with every "government" program.

I'm already seeing a ramp up in cold/robo calls, texts and emails.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I'm out of here. I'm not just saying this. I'm truly out. Not saying my country is better to live in, but if incident like this happens there are at least some programs in place to make the "customer" feel safer.

This is like a 156th hack since I moved here 8 years ago. I truly never understood the magnitude of how 3rd world this country is until covid struck.

I'd say a failed state, but it was never really unfailed to begin with.

Adios

Bye

7 minutes ago, jonclark said:

MOPH Shouldn't be running a knock off copy of Windows 95 from Pantip Plaze secured by the password 12345. Opps now I've told everyone. 

user = root      password = password   or

user = admin  password = 123456

etc etc

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, rabas said:

What 16 million COVID patients? 

Have you seen 16 million COVID patients?

I think they mean 16 million medical patients. Which probably translates to all patients in the system.

In the linked Sanook and Thai PBS articles it said files were for patients. Not a single mention of Covid.

Dealing with sensitive patient data. Recently it was Bangkok Airways, now 16 million hospital records. The inability of those responsible can no longer be surpassed.

Have credit card details and bank account details been hacked as well? An official reassurance statement would help.

• Like 1

Well, the Ministry of Information must be overworked with blocking all those international websites which publish true and untrue stories, facts and figures about Thailand. 
Those officers not busy with the above are closing all those websites of "ill repute" - understandeable they cannot also work on data security. 

What a joking farçe! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'll still be posting on this forum and following your beloved daily Thailand pumping with interest.

More like ttyl

Thanks for the update.

Don't forget to let everyone now when you arrive back home safely.