Fine dining restaurant hits back with nasty comments after diners leave bad reviews

webfact

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the the vast majority of reviews received by the restaurant are positive then this could be a case of ’no publicity is bad publicity’....  

Checked the reviews on Google maps.

Mostly 5 star older comments. 

Now downvoted to a two star restaurant in the last day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Since all the backlash the restaurant issued this apology, I say too late, the damage is done.

“We sincerely apologize for our rude comments and bad attitudes. We have realized our mistakes and will work hard to improve our food services, attitude, [and] behavior,” 

improve our food services, attitude, [and] behavior,” ..should run like a red transparent thread through every Restaurant..to learn "attitude",well i think you either have it in you or not.

Edited by DuiDui48
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Another complained about the hard rice in the risotto

Why for god sake have risotto on the menu. Ah! For the hi-so's. Silly me. I'll settle for one of the best rice in the world. Jasmine. Laap phet sticky rice thanks. Do very much like basmati rice though but that's best with Indian food.

• Like 1

I've never been to this restaurant nor do I know the dissatisfied customer, but there are a lot of sites springing up on the net almost daily offering this, that and the other. Some are good, but I think a lot of people using these sites, especially the younger ones, feel like they are entitled to comment on every little aspect of their lives, evey experience, every cup of coffee, every disappointment in their boring day. I believe only a very small fraction of what I read on those sites as I don't know the posters from Jack The Ripper. 

We should all be slower to complain, appreciate the fact that we have something to eat and get on with our lives. All this nonsense of spoilt brats making a fuss about nothing. If the restaurant really is lousy, then it won't be in business for long - online comments or not. Poorly run businesses failed even in the pre-internet era. 

Grow up,  enjoy your day out and get a life! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

the owner argued that it needed a little more time to breathe, and that the wine tasted fine to him. When I posted negative reviews on FB and Trip Advisor, he replied with equally snarky remarks about uneducated Americans not knowing anything about wine. What can one say? A flaming idiot is just that. 

he was probably right though ????

but calling out customers, no matter how stupid, or Americans ???? they are, is really uncalled for a restaurant business

just swallow the cr*p you get from customers, that comes with the job, and the costs you put up with in the final bill

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1