Police say 47 million baht to repair five water cannon trucks not expensive

snoop1130

2 hours ago, kickstart said:

I would say that is BS ,if sand was put in to the fuel tanks ,also like how with lockable fuel caps .

agree, it's the equivalent claim of Captain Mannering and his Dad's Army bring down a Tiger Tank with a homemade sticky bomb

Edited by RichardColeman

12 hours ago, kickstart said:

I would say that is BS ,if sand was put in to the fuel tanks ,also like how with lockable fuel caps .

The sand would not reach the engine it would block the fuel lines  first  then if any got any farther block the fuel filter ,if any got any farther it would block the fuel injection pump and fuel lines on the way .

The only way sand could get in to the engine is vie the air intake system ,which I would have thought was sealed from the outside by the factory  to prevent anyone from getting at it.

Sounds like ,Let's make lots of money by saying  these engines  are stuffed ,if Jo Ferrari can do it so can we  

The man can't think that far ahead... he just thinks what he says will be swallowed without a thought process.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Odd that water gassing trucks only cost 47m and are inexpensive to repair at the same time a receiving millions of donated vaccines ????

Odd that anybody can put sand into the fuel tanks on vehicles purchased to control crowds.

Why no locks on the filling pipes?

Surprising that when they are in use for crown control their mobility can easily be interfered with/stopped.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He explained that the five vehicles may have to be sent to their production plant in South Korea for maintenance, or a team of mechanics from South Korea may have to be flown to Bangkok to do the job, saying that either of the two options incurs additional expense.

..... because Thais do not have the skills to do the repairs themselves.

Yep, "47 million is not expensive"... because you have to deduct the 20 million in commissions that various parties are going to pocket.

That only leaves 27 million as actual repair costs. That's indeed dirt cheap as far as "heavily damaged water cannon trucks with sand in their engines" go, I suppose.

"The Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) has described the estimated 47 million baht price tag for repairs to five water cannon trucks as “reasonable”,

Its all about perspective....I guess when they see the navy spending trillions for a few unneeded subs, the 47 million for the teargas-water trucks that are required to retain their power seems like a bargain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

And how does a protester get near enough for long enough to put sand into the fuel tank of a police water canon truck?

Please don't spoil their fantasy... ????

• Haha 2