At least 30 people arrested at Pattaya beach bar for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police found that the bar was opened and many people were found gathering in the bar. Officers found at least 30 foreigners and Thais who were, according to Pattaya police, drinking alcohol, gathering, and breaking current rules around Covid-19. Alcohol was allegedly found inside paper glasses.

We're open to the world.... NOT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya – At least 30 people were arrested last night (November 3rd) at a bar near Pattaya Beach for allegedly breaking the Chonburi disease control order designed to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus, according to the Pattaya Police

Must be really confusing for incoming tourists to undetstand what they can and cannot do.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

.......many people were found gathering......

Oh my! The horror! Not the dreaded gathering!

It is my understanding old Moses just couldn't carry the third stone tablet, and what he left behind on My Sinai was the one that read "Thou shalt not gather".

Now gathering in a crowded wet market is okay, as is gathering on the BTS in BKK or in Foodland/FoodGourmet/Tops/etc. Gathering is even likely to be allowed this weekend at the music festival, but there is gathering, and then there is gathering.

Ecclesiastes and Pete Seeger, and then the Byrds did say there is a time, or a season, to gather, but that was 'stones together', and not any sort of illegal and unsanctioned gathering.

Let them learn a lesson.

I think misleading information from government sources don't help. Sure i read on TVisa only last week about curfew being changed to 2300- 0300. bars would be allowed to open, with restrictions and restaurants could start serving beer with meals from Nov1st . Where i live there are gatherings of a least 15 to 20 Thais drinking alcohol, playing load music, riding motorcycles drunk. from 8pm to early in the morning and nothing is said or done, Police know but never do anything.

7 minutes ago, flyfrog said:

Have fun at the music festival with a can of sprite or coke???? hope there's space enough on the 2nd floor in Soi 9 that day

The number of people visiting Pattaya will greatly exceed the number of people actually allowed to be seated in the enclosures at each venue. Chaos will ensue. 

18 minutes ago, champers said:

The number of people visiting Pattaya will greatly exceed the number of people actually allowed to be seated in the enclosures at each venue. Chaos will ensue. 

The predictable blade wielding gang fights might thin the numbers ????

• Like 1

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE COME TO PATTAYA!!!

Drove from the north end of Pattaya Beach Road to Pattaya Klang, 4 Nov 4:00 p.m., and at most there were a dozen people who MAY have been tourists, they looked more like locals. Plenty of empty boats bobbing on the water with no guests, hardly any street traffic.

Word will get out - they haven't squelched social media yet. Come to Thailand, go through all that nonsense and expense just to get arrested at 10:00 p.m. for drinking beer like all good tourists do?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Beaten to a pulp, left in jail, blacklisted and deported after several excruciating nights in jail with the local Thai gangs - or that's what some on this forum would like ????

Bring them all up to Tree Town so we can stone the poor slobs…????????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Officers found at least 30 foreigners and Thais who were, according to Pattaya police, drinking alcohol, gathering, and breaking current rules around Covid-19. Alcohol was allegedly found inside paper glasses

At least 30, they say. Don't they count those in attendance when they raid a venue? A few more hiding behind their paper glasses, perhaps?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and the optics to any would be tourists planning to visit Pattaya is to cancel their flight and go somewhere they can enjoy themselves.

No wonder I will not be returning to LOS with that sort of idiocy going on.

Did they not consider that just telling the owner to close the bar, and telling the customers what the law is, without actually arresting anyone would garner a lot less negative publicity on social media?

I'm certain the thought is they are broadcasting "a lesson" but it just reeks of authoritarianism, possible corruption and a very UN-FUN atmosphere. Good reason to head to Cabo or Cancun.

Adults arrested for drinking beer in paper glasses in non Muslim country. Ridiculous.

Dirty, foreign criminals.

Edited by Chad3000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

At least 30, they say. Don't they count those in attendance when they raid a venue? A few more hiding behind their paper glasses, perhaps?

At least 30 gives them wiggle room when the ones who for some reason had to visit an ATM on the way to the police station are no longer included in the amount.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Can someone post me a picture of a paper glass as I have never come across one 

They were the unbreakable cloudy glasses, the sort you get around swimming pools that sell drinks. The band was good, very loud rock music and probably 60-70 people there on Tuesday night. 

I thought there would be a raid!