What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I downloaded and watched the movie, "Men" last night and found it intriguing, mystifying and a little scary, and didn't really know what to make about the ending, although with certain graphic scenes, I think I've gotten somewhere near the meaning of it.

Rory Kinnear was absolutely brilliant in it and the only thing I will give away is that he plays several roles in it. Over to you to be the judge of the movie.

I forgot to mention that to the producer of this movie is the same one who produced "Annihilation", which I thought was a very good movie, and you will notice a similarity in what happens to one of the guys later on in the piece – – not saying any more!

• Thanks 1

PPS:-

And I hope the mods will forgive me for doing this, because I couldn't find anywhere else to post this which would get a response (I did try one thread, but it only had a couple of posts on it, and I've heard nothing back), and I am desperate for help (no comments please) because I need some feedback urgently!! And there will surely be some bright sparks on here who are much more up to speed with websites and streaming sites et cetera than I am!

Where can I, or what can I log onto (subscription is not a problem) to be able to watch the All Blacks play Ireland for the next three tests, which starts this Saturday. Also would love to watch England versus the Wallabies.

Urgent responses required, moderators permitting, PLEASE.

48 minutes ago, xylophone said:

And I hope the mods will forgive me for doing this, because I couldn't find anywhere else to post this which would get a response (I did try one thread, but it only had a couple of posts on it, and I've heard nothing back), and I am desperate for help (no comments please) because I need some feedback urgently!! And there will surely be some bright sparks on here who are much more up to speed with websites and streaming sites et cetera than I am!

Where can I, or what can I log onto (subscription is not a problem) to be able to watch the All Blacks play Ireland for the next three tests, which starts this Saturday. Also would love to watch England versus the Wallabies.

You will probably get better responses if you start a new thread in the audio visual forum I think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I just watched 'El Camino'. Pretty good but it helps to watch all 5 seasons of Breaking  Bad immediately  before.

I also enjoyed El Camino. IMHO, usually a movie associated with an excellent TV series normally doesn't live up to expectations. This is an exception.

23 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I also enjoyed El Camino. IMHO, usually a movie associated with an excellent TV series normally doesn't live up to expectations. This is an exception.

There was a Sopranos  prequel, a bit disappointing....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I downloaded and watched the movie, "Men" last night and found it intriguing, mystifying and a little scary, and didn't really know what to make about the ending, although with certain graphic scenes, I think I've gotten somewhere near the meaning of it.

Rory Kinnear was absolutely brilliant in it and the only thing I will give away is that he plays several roles in it. Over to you to be the judge of the movie.

Rory, son of satirist,  actor and political commentator, Roy  makes a good villain but he's also very funny in the comedy series Count Arthur Strong. Some episodes  are the best comedy  on TV.

• Like 1

The Offer. It’s about the making of the first movie of The Godfather.

In the vernacular of the time and place of the movie, it stinks. It’s ten hours of made-for-TV quality, as bad as some of the US television movies from the 1970s. What kept me watching was to see how certain historical events of the time were depicted (murders, scandals etc). Also it was the first time I got to see Juno Temple play an adult part; she is so funny looking it’s attractive, and I kept thinking of all the disgusting things I’d like to do with her.  :tongue:

Robert Evans, the larger-than-life producer depicted wrote an autobiography called “The Kid Stays in the Picture.” I think it’s the only movie biz book I ever read. For some years nearly every Hollywood memoir published was compared to it by reviewers, which is what led me to pick it up. Evans himself said after the movie was done Coppola hated his guts, but in this teevee schlock they are smiling buddies. I assume cleaning this up, and a bunch of other stuff, has something to with Paramount producing this.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

The Offer. It’s about the making of the first movie of The Godfather.

In the vernacular of the time and place of the movie, it stinks. It’s ten hours of made-for-TV quality, as bad as some of the US television movies from the 1970s. What kept me watching was to see how certain historical events of the time were depicted (murders, scandals etc). Also it was the first time I got to see Juno Temple play an adult part; she is so funny looking it’s attractive, and I kept thinking of all the disgusting things I’d like to do with her.  :tongue:

Robert Evans, the larger-than-life producer depicted wrote an autobiography called “The Kid Stays in the Picture.” I think it’s the only movie biz book I ever read. For some years nearly every Hollywood memoir published was compared to it by reviewers, which is what led me to pick it up. Evans himself said after the movie was done Coppola hated his guts, but in this teevee schlock they are smiling buddies. I assume cleaning this up, and a bunch of other stuff, has something to with Paramount producing this.

I really enjoyed this one.

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

I think Stan TV in Oz have the rugby rights.

They have a 30 day free trial.

You will probably need a VPN.

https://www.stan.com.au/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Swipe, Match, Murder: The Disappearance of Grace Millane

RAR

The story of the murder of British backpacker Grace Millane and how her killer was caught.

Sorry. I can't seem to find this.

55 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

just started watching Sherwood based on a true story and centered around the miners strikes in the 70s ,mind you i lived not far from where this happened ,i dont remember white men married to Asian women or seeing a black man walking down the street holding hands with a white woman ,oh i forgot ,its only tv s version these days????

Did they cast Maggie as a Caribbean woman? I downloaded a sherwood but it turned out to be a cartoon series so will have another try. My dad was a miner for 40 years and he said he never saw a black person in the mines, so I hope they got that right at least. 

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Hey thanks Will27 as I remembered that I had a VPN (Cyberghost) on my other laptop but which I had stopped using because it was unreliable, but now that I have got Fibre installed I thought I'd give it another try on my new laptop....AND it works AND I got onto Stan and signed up, so should be ready for kick off on Saturday!! 

Great, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

PS. Sorry to bother you again Will27, but you obviously know more about VPNs than I do, so one question for you if I may: – do I need to keep signed into the VPN all of the time, or can I just engage it when I want to see something from overseas?

2 hours ago, proton said:

Did they cast Maggie as a Caribbean woman? I downloaded a sherwood but it turned out to be a cartoon series so will have another try. My dad was a miner for 40 years and he said he never saw a black person in the mines, so I hope they got that right at least. 

TPB has all the episodes from it---no as usual they BBC couldn't help themselves as far as the casting went they put a black miner & family in Daughter falls in love with one of the main white police actors.

Its all well acted--now being touted as best drama of the year-(1 

I think it maybe could have been put into 4 episodes instead of 6 ---but there was a lot of stuff there that had me looking at Google after.

You have to have a certain amount of fiction in a Doco drama --so when they started about on about putting Police into different communities taking dead children's names for Identity, & basically stirring up trouble I  thought it may be stretching it a bit-- but it wasn't. From 1968 to 2008 the Met police special unit was doing this all over the place.

I expect the police to put under cover guys into criminal gangs---even into a mosque if its over the top radical, Just dont expect them to put 5 into a small community where some of the guys just thought they should be paid a few quid more for what is a dangerous dirty & thankless job, while the coal board managers were on £1,000s a week.

I was looking at some of the names (18 pages ) of police they had put into different groups around the country. Some still they wont ID just a code Number--- Called "The SDS" it was a covert unit:... but have a look you may have known someone.

But for the Met police that wasn't enough--so they then set up the NPOIU . This wasn't to infiltrate dissident groups , this was to start the groups up....It really reads like John Le Carre fiction. One really radical group they started was the Animal rights-- this attracted loons from all over the country , ending up with burning down Battery hen places, bomb a cosmetic place that used rabbit to test . You could make the argument that they never would have met if the MET police didn't start up a group for them, & many others. (2

(1 https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61978886

(2 https://www.ucpi.org.uk/who-is-involved/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, proton said:

I remember seeing my first black person i was out playing with my friends it was the late 50s and we couldnt believe it as we had only ever seen one in movies ,then i did not see one again in real life untill the late 60s on coming to London ,also i lived not a million miles from where the miners strikes were ,never ever saw a black person there ,

just watched the latest Mc donald and Dodds ,really enjoyed it they work together a treat ,mind you other parts have become a little'woke"???? 

• Like 1

Rig 45--Season 2  .....Ch4 UK-TV-- Crime/thriller 12 episodes --Language Dubbed English -- ----- Swedish TV...TVChaosUK

Shown in Sweden 2020--Chanel 4 UK TV last night

Two days before Christmas, Andrea is sent by Benthos Oil to investigate a fatal accident on the company's North Sea rig. Faced with silence and a raging storm that cut off communications, she and the crew soon realize a killer's on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I came across a movie which was made in 2016, so decided to download it and watch it!

The movie is called "Swiss Army Man" and stars Paul Dano and Daniel Radcliffe, and despite the fact it was given a 6.9 rating on IMDb, I found it to be tedious/boring and a complete waste of time so I switched it off after about 15 minutes or so.

View at your own discretion, especially if you like "farting scenes".