Isn't it time they took this monstrosity down?

aussiexpat

It must be 8 years since this building was abandoned before completion. What's the plan, take it down or just leave it there forever?

50 floors of Condo's, so many people must have lost millions of baht in this fiasco ????

20220204_103813.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Think it's still in the middle of a legal battle. 

Good luck with that 8 years after stopping construction.

After seeing how fast the Edge was constructed, I thought a company like that would jump all over this since it's already half complete...I guess ongoing legal battles (and probably poor workmanship since they ran out of money) would prevent that...

Edited by aussiexpat

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

After seeing how fast the Edge was constructed, I thought a company like that would jump all over this since it's already half complete...I guess ongoing legal battles (and probably poor workmanship since they ran out of money) would prevent that...

There was an issue that it was blocking an important royal statue, then they agreed to lower it I think but I think also money problems as well. And I agree, good luck but it's definitely an eyesore and something should be done eventually, I'd hope.

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Probably got a lot of concrete cancer by now.  

No one wants to pay for it's removal.

• Like 1

Leave it long enough and it'll probably fall down. I often wonder what will happen to everything man has built on this earth after we finally become extinct as a species? Saw a Youtube on it a while back which hypothesized nature taking over structures pretty quickly, it was quite depressing actually. 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, mikesil said:

Structures abandoned in mid-construction abound here in LOS.  Khon Kaen has one (about 40 stories high or so) which now serves as a advertising billboard.  Then there's the line of abandoned rail line pillars in Bangkok along Hwy 1, still there but less obvious now because it's overshadowed by even larger pillars of the new rail line.

I hope these structures are permitted to stand forever,  Future scientists will conclude that we used them for sighting and tracking heavenly bodies.  Our own Stonehenge!

And a pile of old cable offcuts on Pattaya 3rd Rd pavement that I have been walking round for 3 months at least! Don't they ever clean up their mess here!

• Like 1

The country is littered with these unfinished structures, even in a remote place like Buriram. This is what you get when there is too much power and or money in the hands of a few idiots.

The epitome of Thainess.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I don't think the original developer ran out of money during the initial construction; they were actually ahead of schedule in completing the project.  Construction was halted by the government after protests by locals upset with the height of the building.  My solution would be to remove the top dozen or so 'see-thru' floors that are the least finished and then complete the building.  I think the building has interesting architecture--something rather scarce in Pattaya--and it should be finished rather than torn down.  

3 hours ago, Inala said:

Leave it long enough and it'll probably fall down. I often wonder what will happen to everything man has built on this earth after we finally become extinct as a species? Saw a Youtube on it a while back which hypothesized nature taking over structures pretty quickly, it was quite depressing actually. 

Angkor Wat? maybe 100 years