Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

16 minutes ago, tgw said:

the most disgusting is that Putin's 4 children with his girlfriend Alina Kabajewa are Swiss citizens.

As I wrote above, this is a typical behaviour of the Russian elite as a whole. They sell anti-westernism and anti-americanism to the masses. But all their own actions signals the opposite.  They love and worship the West. All those "anti" rhetorics are simply used to control the population which is INDEED poisoned by the anti-western propaganda (stemming and supported by the 70 years old Soviet time propaganda).

I would like people in the West got rid of the illusion that there is Putin and there are people. Just think about the Gitler's Germany and you will get , more or less, a true picture. There would not be any kind of Putin if there would not be a true request for his policy in the minds of millions and millions Russian people. This is a deeply ill society that needs to be treated. 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Bodies of 132 civilians shot by Russian troops found in Makariv, Kyiv region

"We have seen their [Russian troops’] atrocities in the liberated territories. As of yesterday, we found 132 civilians who had been shot dead by Russian orcs, I can't call them people," Makariv village head Vadym Tokar said during the nationwide telethon, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

He said that houses in the village were bombed, a hospital, kindergartens and almost all infrastructure were destroyed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

just one, sadly

meanwhile:

UK and Germany won’t send tanks to Ukraine

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-germany-rule-out-send-tanks-ukraine/

what are they thinking ?  

????

I think that if these are delivered in sufficient quantities:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10697657/Britain-send-anti-ship-missiles-armoured-vehicles-Ukraine-Putins-offensive-ramps-up.html

they will be far more useful to Ukraine than tanks.

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

He said that houses in the village were bombed, a hospital, kindergartens and almost all infrastructure were destroyed.

Nearly 100 health facilities in Ukraine have been attacked by Russian forces since the war started, according to the World Health Organization. 

The Russians are fighting an increasingly dirty war. Hope those responsible for all the atrocities will get their comeuppance some day soon.

https://www.dw.com/en/dozens-of-ukrainian-hospitals-hit-by-russian-forces/av-61390201

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The Russians are fighting an increasingly dirty desperate war.

The more desperate you get, the dirtier you start to fight. Judging by how dirty the Russians fight right now, they must be very desperate. Although I do believe it was ordered by the Kremlin from the get go - or at least after a few days, when it became clear that the Ukrainians were fighting back hard - to use terror as a weapon. It has been their MO for a long time now, in Chechnya, in Georgia, in Syria: they really don’t care how many civilians they have to kill, and in what way, and the kind of destruction they cause, to achieve their goals. 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes and Putin doesn't care about the lives of his own troops either.

That’s the hallmark of the megalomaniacal narcissistic dictator, they don’t care about anything or anyone but themselves. They use all kinds of bombastic rhetoric about god and country and whatnot, but in the end it’s all about ego and power. What always puzzles me no end is how many people keep blindly following these ‘leaders’, time and time again, like lemmings off a cliff, it just boggles the mind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Russians feel they need a strong man leader. Its deeply cultural and arguably related to the fundamentals of such a vast nation.

In that case then, they are all to blame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is very interesting:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/chairman-russias-rusal-calls-investigation-bucha-killings-2022-04-08/

“April 8 (Reuters) - The chairman of Russian aluminium giant Rusal called on Thursday for an impartial investigation into the killing of civilians in the Ukrainian town of Bucha, which he described as a crime, and urged an end to the "fratricidal" conflict.

While the statement from Chairman Bernard Zonneveld, a Dutch national, did not touch on who was to blame for the deaths of civilians in the town, it is unusual for a large Russian company to comment publicly on the conflict.”

6 hours ago, Chris.B said:

In that case then, they are all to blame.

nah.

strong leader doesn't automatically imply war-mongering butcher.

Churchill

De Gaulle

Roosevelt

Ataturk

Eisenhower

but those of Russians who condone Putin's current actions are certainly to blame. I don't wish them well.

like those pieces of trash:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/05/motorcade-of-shame-outrage-over-pro-russia-displays-at-berlin-rally

and it is also important to not demonize all Russians.

there are scores of Russians now doing prison time for protesting the war.

after this is all over, a good purge is in order - they are used to it - and then we should be prepared to welcome a democratic Russia back into civilization. minus maybe some hundred thousand criminals.

Russia will need a de-fascisation programme, similar to Germany after WW2

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tgw said:

don't the Russians have any shame ?

After what we have seen so far from them (and definitely will see more of in the future): silly question. There is literally no limit to the depths the Russians will stoop to, I am quite sure of that. Shame is not a word that you will find in their dictionary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

after this is all over, a good purge is in order - they are used to it - and then we should be prepared to welcome a democratic Russia back into civilization. minus maybe some hundred thousand criminals.

I'm thinking again about what I wrote.

This looks almost impossible to achieve.

Chances are, Putin will be taken down by his own and then replaced by the next dictator.

This is not Germany in WW2, the world is not out to bring down Putin.

Without Russian capitulation, there can't be victors' justice.

It will probably be impossible to eliminate Russian fascism for generations, plus they will have been humiliated and will seek revenge ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tgw said:

I'm thinking again about what I wrote.

This looks almost impossible to achieve.

Chances are, Putin will be taken down by his own and then replaced by the next dictator.

This is not Germany in WW2, the world is not out to bring down Putin.

Without Russian capitulation, there can't be victors' justice.

It will probably be impossible to eliminate Russian fascism for generations, plus they will have been humiliated and will seek revenge ????

Yeah I also don't think Russia has a path to recovering from this. The hundreds of thousands of younger / brain drainers / dissident Russians that have gone splitsville may have inadvertently made a permanent move. Russia as we knew it is basically over.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2022 at 3:48 AM, tgw said:

This is could be a Nazi propaganda text (of the real Nazis I mean), just replace words with others in a historical context and it fits perfectly.

Putin is an imperialist fascist dictator war criminal with nukes who started a war of aggression in Europe.

Must be stopped.

Your suggestion as to how it can be stopped without loads of dead Europeans is...................................?

2 hours ago, tgw said:

and just which nations are willing to be nuked to bring about the destruction of Russia to the point that such a programme can be carried out? It took many years and the deaths of millions upon millions to bring Germany down.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and just which nations are willing to be nuked to bring about the destruction of Russia to the point that such a programme can be carried out? It took many years and the deaths of millions upon millions to bring Germany down.

Nobody is willing to be nuked. If Putin even drops a mini nuke which is possible but very unlikely the chances of that sparking an escalation to global nuclear winter is likely. My understanding is that while Putin may be insane enough there are others that have the capability to abort.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody is willing to be nuked. If Putin even drops a mini nuke which is possible but very unlikely the chances of that sparking an escalation to global nuclear winter is likely. My understanding is that while Putin may be insane enough there are others that have the capability to abort.

and how many European leaders would be willing to bet on your "understanding"?

Edited by thaibeachlovers