Vote for the UK government to index link pensions in Thailand

webfact

Nobody forced you to leave Little Britain.

You want to have all benefits as those who live there.....

but also living much cheaper in Thailand.

However, this spagat is impossible.

You are not contributing anything like Vat or taxes in UK.

So stay with this what you legally deserve.

• Sad 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

If the rich pay their tax Like Rishi's Mrs should have done for the last 10 years maybe UK could afford to pay a decent pension????

When you're in Thailand, do you pay taxes there on earnings or income made in the UK?

• Like 1

Just now, Scott Tracy said:

When you're in Thailand, do you pay taxes there on earnings or income made in the UK?

I can't say for sure that he does......but I would be amazed if he found a way around not paying tax on his UK income......and look forward to hearing how he does it.

9 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I've got my state pension coming up. How do you pay the income tax on the proportion above the GBP 12,570 income threshold? 

The DWP Department of Works and Pensions will notify HM Customs and revenue and they will send you a tax code notice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The DWP Department of Works and Pensions will notify HM Customs and revenue and they will send you a tax code notice.

Thanks billd76. So once I get the notice will they bill me or is the due amount automatically deducted from the pension payment?

I hope you guys get the 10,000 signatures. I cannot help as I am from the US but this post has been up for a few months now, there aren't 10,000 Brits here in Thailand to sign the petition? Don't see why anybody eligible wouldn't sign it. I figured you would have had enough after 2 months.

17 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Thanks billd76. So once I get the notice will they bill me or is the due amount automatically deducted from the pension payment?

It's deducted.  Also, all your taxable income is added together for tax.  Normally, State Pension won't be taxed, but the tax due on it will be taken by lowering your tax cade that's applied to those other sources.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

It's deducted.  Also, all your taxable income is added together for tax.  Normally, State Pension won't be taxed, but the tax due on it will be taken by lowering your tax cade that's applied to those other sources.

I see now. Thank you.  

20 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

That's ok then makes you wonder what all the fuss is about then or why she now has agreed to give up her non dom status allegedly ???? 

Political pressure on her and her husband seems obvious. If her type of arrangements to handling tax are viewed as questionable, the law should be written such that tax avoidance is harder. The reality is they try to accommodate these types. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

You really have no clue as to how the benefits system now works there is a thing called a benefit cap have a go at your theory to see if it still works ???? 

Works? Does it really..... it enables people not to. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tony125 said:

this post has been up for a few months now, there aren't 10,000 Brits here in Thailand to sign the petition? Don't see why anybody eligible wouldn't sign it. I figured you would have had enough after 2 months.

Maybe this is why. :jap:

1 - Copy.JPG

• Haha 2

On 4/16/2022 at 6:34 AM, jacko45k said:

I bet if one asked many a person in the UK whether we should get a rise they would say no, and that the money should be utilized domestically. UK economy is in a mess, and with immigration, refugees, energy cost crisis, and other spending policies it isn't going to get better. 

It might seem like political folly to chuck money overseas on people who do not vote even. 

(And don't mention the morons supergluing themselves to roads while they and their 6 kids live off benefits!)

Straight out of the "Daily Wail" opinion column.

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, have plenty children, money will flow in and no need to work. Can go glue yourself to power stations and roads and generally make a nuisance of yourself in the absence of having a productive job!

Which political party are you leader of this week Nigel?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

The UK can afford to pay the frozen pensions but back in 1948 or 49 the NI funds were NOT ringfenced and are still not so any UK government can use the funds for what they wish.

Mrs Sunak was acting completely within the UK tax laws.

The income she earned in India was NOT earned in the UK and therefore was not liable to be taxed in the UK.

Only spiteful, jealous whiners (mostly from the Labour party) were complaining about it.

I belong to another index linked pension groups who actually work on behalf of some 650,xxx pensioners worldwide and NOT just for the expat frozen pensioners in Thailand. My state pension was frozen from the day I got it in 2009 at GBP 399 every 4 weeks.

They have been trying for years to get equal pensions for ALL expat pensioners. It has been discussed in the UK parliament and even as far as European courts when the UK PM argued against upgrading.

He was called Tony Blair and was the labour party PM. So if you think that the labour party will do the honest thing you are sadly mistaken.

Hmm....honesty and UK government?

Oxymoronic or what?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Works? Does it really..... it enables people not to. 

I had a similar view to yours until I got up close and personal to the benefits system very recently its not like something from a Sun headline anymore ????  

On 4/16/2022 at 2:21 AM, webfact said:

today’s exchange rate to THB32,584 a month.

Pure luxury. Mine is half that. Yes I have signed; written to UK Embassy in BKK + various MPs yet this unfairness continues and I teeter about becoming an economic refugee and risk being sent to Rwanda.