Violent Russian

bert bloggs

22 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Several years ago I was driving my bike down Jomtien Soi 5 around 6:30am and I spotted a Russian guy in a speedo chasing a police man. Lol. Seems he was being disruptive at the hotel next to immigration.
Obviously very drunk. He then whipped it out in full view of the spectators that were gathering and took a leak in the middle of the road. 

Before too long some Thai leveled the guy with a 2x4 to the back of his head and the cop handcuffed him as he lay there nose to the pavement. The cop stood back and watched a mob of Thais kick his head in. 
The 2x4 guy took a full swing and cracked him in the head again and I have doubts he could have survived. 

So what you witnessed and recount here is a pack of cowardly savages attacked and possibly murdered a man, furthermore, the man was handcuffed and in police custody, so in any civilized society that policeman would be charged with a criminal offence, discharged from the force, and sentenced to a lengthy term in prison.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, salsajapan said:

All Russian I know smoke weed and are very friendly ❤️

I know a Russian in Siem Reap. He drank a whole bottle of Vodka. He fell down trying to leave the restaurant and knocked over a plant.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:39 AM, bbko said:

I've lived in Thailand long enough to see idiots from every country, I was in a bar recently when a belligerent drunk Canadian was on a nonstop 5-10 minute tirade of cursing & yelling at any Thai within his field of view, when one of the girls asked him to be quite/calm down he went off on her, after a couple of minutes she had enough and jumped over the bar and tried to get him to leave, that's when the scuffle started, him shoving the girl, her delivering slaps and Muay Thai style kicks to the drunken idiot.  The "funny" thing was he was in a wheelchair, the other girls broke up the scuffle and they wheeled him out the door.  

He's lucky they didn't wheel him into traffic.  Or the sea.  

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:16 PM, Mavideol said:

typical Russian behavior/attitude..... had a similar experience 5-6 years ago at a resort beach in Spain with a bunch of young "rich" football players from Russia, they think they own the world, no class, no education

How dare they!? Everyone knows the Brits own the world. ????

On 4/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, Photoguy21 said:

You have to consider what type of Russians can afford to visit Thailand. The Russians I have met are not exactly overpaid back home so few of the "average, normal" Russian can even contemplate a holiday to Thailand.

How about the Russian families that were staying at Villa Thongbura off the back of Jomtien @ Thepprasit when I was there with the family a few years back? Buffet breakfasts were quiet, friendly affairs and those that hung around the hotel's huge pools during the day were all pleasant, quiet company. Sure they could be seen up late, still sipping vodka and smoking  in quiet groups around the pool. Smiling and nodding through their alcohol and cigarette smoke haze as we returned from an evening out.

My friend says that his Russian tenants have been exemplary both in paying bills and looking after the property.

Nobody can honestly state what 'the "average, normal" Russian' is based on solely their own interactions.

• Sad 1

I typically try not to generalize about specific nationals. I have friends who know younger Russians. And they say they are kind, friendly and progressive. I have no idea what percentage of the population these younger people represent, nor how representative they are of the Russian population. I have rarely met any friendly, kind or helpful Russians. 

I can only speak from my experience. Have run into alot of Russians both in the US, and on Phuket and Samui, 98% of them seem to be grumpy, unfriendly and gruff. Some of them are downright hostile.

So, perhaps it is not a coincidence that the world is not standing up to support them and show them kindness? Just an observation. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

How about the Russian families that were staying at Villa Thongbura off the back of Jomtien @ Thepprasit when I was there with the family a few years back? Buffet breakfasts were quiet, friendly affairs and those that hung around the hotel's huge pools during the day were all pleasant, quiet company. Sure they could be seen up late, still sipping vodka and smoking  in quiet groups around the pool. Smiling and nodding through their alcohol and cigarette smoke haze as we returned from an evening out.

My friend says that his Russian tenants have been exemplary both in paying bills and looking after the property.

Nobody can honestly state what 'the "average, normal" Russian' is based on solely their own interactions.

All the Russians i have worked with have been good guys. A few bad ones should not taint all of them

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

All the Russians i have worked with have been good guys. A few bad ones should not taint all of them

Yeah, these 'good' guys now want to wipe Ukraine off the map and nuke the UK! 

Edited by Chris.B

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

When i posted i was not denigating all Russians,just saying what happened,the staff said he was Russian,although i did think that he was 

There's probably not many forum members that can safely claim to tell Russian from Ukrainian, Estonian, Polish or some other Slavic language.

The probability of the average 7-eleven staffer being better at it is questionable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Maybe and Maybe not. I don't personally put much trust in what the media reports, they have their own agenda

Well Mr Putin's agenda looks clear by his actions... and while I do not put much stock in what he says, his recent sabre rattling comments are very very worrying. A nation of 140 million appears to be behind him.....

On 4/27/2022 at 2:04 PM, LarrySR said:

Several years ago I was driving my bike down Jomtien Soi 5 around 6:30am and I spotted a Russian guy in a speedo chasing a police man. Lol. Seems he was being disruptive at the hotel next to immigration.
Obviously very drunk. He then whipped it out in full view of the spectators that were gathering and took a leak in the middle of the road. 

Before too long some Thai leveled the guy with a 2x4 to the back of his head and the cop handcuffed him as he lay there nose to the pavement. The cop stood back and watched a mob of Thais kick his head in. 
The 2x4 guy took a full swing and cracked him in the head again and I have doubts he could have survived. 

Must have appeared like a competition of who is less civilized, has less class and less education.

The best meets the best. Was a tie...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well Mr Putin's agenda looks clear by his actions... and while I do not put much stock in what he says, his recent sabre rattling comments are very very worrying. A nation of 140 million appears to be behind him.....

Operative word being "appears"

37 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Operative word being "appears"

Well they are not exactly rioting on the streets asking for his resignation.... I wish I could get a feel for the general sentiment. I saw a few older Russians being interviewed on Sky a week or so ago, very anti-west and aggressive. Imagine a Western leader putting his people at risk by threatening to use nuclear weapons on other countries!

• Like 1

You think Thailand is bad? 

I was on a job offshore Cyprus and we were put in a hotel full of Russians the night before flying out to the rig.

Those were proper Russian package tourists, and thousands of them, not the more foolhardy types that make it as far as Thailand!

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well they are not exactly rioting on the streets asking for his resignation.... I wish I could get a feel for the general sentiment. I saw a few older Russians being interviewed on Sky a week or so ago, very anti-west and aggressive. Imagine a Western leader putting his people at risk by threatening to use nuclear weapons on other countries!

Let's hope that doesn't spill over into the tourist areas such as Pattaya when they start to get drunk and aggressive towards Western tourists as they inevitably will. 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, NanLaew said:

There's probably not many forum members that can safely claim to tell Russian from Ukrainian, Estonian, Polish or some other Slavic language.

Estonian is a Finno-Ugric language. 

It's very similar to Finnish 

Met a russian last week in Bangkok. Really smart guy.  Scientist. As soon as putin invaded Ukraine, he packed up everything he needed, took all the money he was allowed to withdraw from banks, and came to Thailand. Says he will only go back when putin is dead.

He said he represents about 30% of his countrymen, while---his words---70% of russians are (f-word in gerund form) idiots. Said they were losers who lived through their past bloc era, and thought being in control of lots of countries was more desirable than having a decent lifestyle and strong economy.

Not sure such people can be de-programmed.  OTOH, meeting him did remind me not to be instantly judgmental when I run across a russian. Some---I'll take his 30%---are decent people.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:07 PM, bert bloggs said:

Why are people like him such idiots gives all of us a bad name

This makes no sense at all to me. Why did some guy who behaved badly in a shop give you and me a bad name? I don't even go to Pattaya and Bert Bloggs doesn't strike me as a name a Russian would choose as an alias on this forum?

Edited by Hamus Yaigh