Pattaya locals perplexed by freshly painted zig-zag lines on roads, police claim it helps slow down drivers

webfact

Good that he said the reason. Before drivers slowed down because they didn´t know the meaning. Now he totally blew it and everyone know. So, better belt up and hide for the speed again. ????

To me the crosswalk seems like the most dangerous place to cross. It gives a false sense of security and people drop their guard only to get run over by a speeder not paying attention. The city already has speed bumps everywhere. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Maybe supposed to indicate no overtaking zones, as is the case in UK.  Not a chance of being observed here of course.

As for speed humps - these need to be across the whole width of the road.  If they stop short of the kerbs the m/cs just zoom through the gaps.  Unfortunately, extending to the kerbs potentially interferes with water drainage.  Maybe need some different traffic calming measures - but what?

Rumble strips I would expect to be a benefit.... speed humps are severe and may cause a few accidents. If we force motorcycles close to the kerb, maybe the middle road area will be safer for those crossing. We got a long way to go here!

• Like 1

They have obviously failed at community education if the locals are perplexed, another road rule which will not be obeyed or enforced. Whose family owns the paint manufacturing plant? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LiamB80 said:

To me the crosswalk seems like the most dangerous place to cross. It gives a false sense of security and people drop their guard only to get run over by a speeder not paying attention. The city already has speed bumps everywhere. 

Quite so, I have seen many tourists in Pattaya attempting to cross on the pedestrian crossing only to find that traffic zooms past them and ignores the crossing. Certainly in the UK   pedestrians have the right of way, here?????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Now... If those in positions of decision making power could only find away to make money from effective pedestrian crossings with speed bumps then we’d see a reduction in these issues... 

Coin slot/card reader/QR code buttons on the lights?

6 hours ago, blackshadow said:

and they think these Zig zags SLOW thai, or any driver down ???

what they need are road humps on the roads !!!!!

That would just help them launch into the air and fly, they'd therefore get there faster. ????