need advice on dealing with problem neighbour

farangbkk123

On 10/8/2022 at 11:53 PM, farangbkk123 said:

I didn’t buy it, I’m only renting but why should I move out when this crackhead is breaking the law. Anyone know any police or people that can help? 

Right does not always win.

First you farang it Thai.

Second You may win the battle but the LB or friends will know who complained and I would not want that hassle or worry.

third if the condo board knows what is happening and allows it then you are going to lose no matter.  The only ting I would do is ask your landlord if they have any other units in the building 

explain why you want to move but be polite and non aggressive.

Then move you can not win no matter what you think and however right you are.

PS  

You asked for our advice we have given it to you now it is up to you as to whether you heed the warnings or not.

Edited by kingstonkid

It depends on the situation, if you are renting or own.  If you own,  press the Juristic and notify the condo board.  The other alternative is to sell of course.  
If you rent,  contact the owner.  If it’s owned by an individual they might resolve the situation.  Because this issue will cause ongoing problems renting it. 
You should attempt to move anyway.  It sounds like the Juristic is not good.  Poorly managed building.  Even though the police might not be reliable.  The Juristic should contact them anyway to report the goings on. 
One other option.  Contact the main office of the management company.  If it is a fairly large company.  Explain the issue to them.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:53 PM, farangbkk123 said:

I didn’t buy it, I’m only renting but why should I move out when this crackhead is breaking the law. Anyone know any police or people that can help? 

In the real world you could inform the police and they'd be round to catch him/her red-handed. In Thailand, doubtful. One of the joys of living in the Third World. Sorry, a developing country. Having said that, they are pretty intolerant of drugs here on the whole,even if they are widespread, so it might be worth a try.

Move. Not worth the stress and drama.

About a decade or so ago, I checked out of a hotel in Sukhumvit around 3 AM (flight leaves at 7) and the receptionist was a ladyboy. Night shift so he was all by himself. He was on his phone chatting with someone and happily ignoring me but he very well knew I was there. So I pressed that bell thing on the counter and boom he went nuclear like an ex on that unstoppable destructive mission for revenge. I can still vaguely remember the ensuing scene. He looked like a cornered wild animal.

Yep, move.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is why you rent a condo, never buy. Once bought you are stuck with any problems that come along. Noisy neighbours are a very common problem here.

Get your landlord to complain on your behalf. Do NOT confront the ladyboy direct... this ends badly unless you are a Muay Thai kick boxing champion. Your only other way is to become a ladyboy.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:22 PM, Maha Sarakham said:

I'd move, sounds like a problem waiting to happen.

Agree, the folks in and out of the oppsite condo love drama and love to cause drama, enjoy giving and receiving abuse (can be violent,more like verbal strong abuse).

They don't listen to security, they love the confrontation, and they don't listen to the juristic office. 

Best to move.

Renting is ridiculously cheap and easy in Thailand compared to our home countries. 
Why even stay there waiting for random strangers on here to “help” you?

Should have moved out as soon as becoming aware of the going’s-on there. 

On 10/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, farangbkk123 said:

I know for sure , they’re all smoking meth. The crackhead told me. Also I’ve seen people go in the room that I know are crackheads. Been here long time. Wish there was an anonymous service I could pay for to get rid of these disrespectful scumbags

Why are u in bkk? If not working go anywhere. Move buildings, move suburb, move town.

People r nicer in country.

15 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Renting is ridiculously cheap and easy in Thailand compared to our home countries. 
Why even stay there waiting for random strangers on here to “help” you?

Should have moved out as soon as becoming aware of the going’s-on there. 

Exactly, plus you have beaches n mountain towns.

Pay the LB a visit and make peace offering (a box of condoms, perhaps), then ask if you can use the bathroom. Beforehand you will have procured a few industrial strength cherry bombs to light before flushing down the LB's commode. If LB asks what happened, tell the LB you had explosive diarrhea - problem solved!!! ????????????

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

Pay the LB a visit and make peace offering (a box of condoms, perhaps), then ask if you can use the bathroom.

falang....what are you talking about!!!

Hello, I'm your neighbor (American) and I need to use your bathroom!!!

Why?

Well, I'm a terrorist and it will be funny to bomb your bathroom!!!!

and then the LB will spend EVER..............WAKING...................MOMENT.............. of their life trying to get even with you.

Well, not you!!!  The OP..

OP, run!!!! 

40 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

falang....what are you talking about!!!

Hello, I'm your neighbor (American) and I need to use your bathroom!!!

Why?

Well, I'm a terrorist and it will be funny to bomb your bathroom!!!!

and then the LB will spend EVER..............WAKING...................MOMENT.............. of their life trying to get even with you.

Well, not you!!!  The OP..

OP, run!!!! 

Oh come on, man. I thought about putting an excuse in there for why the OP would want to use the LB's bathroom, but there are many he could use. How about this, "my toilet's broken, may I use yours?" Or how about this: I was making a total joke here, and I think even you got that!

On 10/8/2022 at 8:53 PM, Dan747 said:

If you bought the Condo-Call the Police, if you are renting-"MOVE."

and if he calls the police every LB and meth addict who visits will know who dobbed them in .... 

what do you think will happen  ?     let me guess  '' 

I like the "tourist police" idea. Yep, that's what they are for: taking care of tourists, even if they are not on tourist visa. However as any confrontation against local could get ugly I'd move.

PS: for decades I lived in many places around BKK and I wonder: how did OP find a <deleted>hole like this? Is it somewhere in slums of Klong Toey / Yannawa area? Sounds disgusting! 

14 hours ago, DBath said:

Oh come on, man. I thought about putting an excuse in there for why the OP would want to use the LB's bathroom, but there are many he could use. How about this, "my toilet's broken, may I use yours?" Or how about this: I was making a total joke here, and I think even you got that!

Oh, I got it!!!!!    You want to do an undercover bathroom LB bomb operation and then have AIDS infected water drench every unit and kill everyone!!!!    I can see you put the bombs down your pants, light them, but then the LB keeps you in the room too long and BANG!!!!

hard to understand my humor online, it's OK......I'll give you a hint........if you see !!!!!!!!!  then I'm not serious.  

• Haha 1

Building management should assist if there is rukus/noise after hours or even during the daytime. Talk to someone else in management or get another neighbor to do it that is more respected or speaks Thai well etc if the management is not very understanding. Or get another neighbor to go with you to the office so there are two of you there. I can't see them doing nothing in that case.

You need to keep complaining tactfully to get a response, not just a few times. Mention it when paying the rent, or just keep calling so the security guy gets <deleted> off and tries harder. If the security guy keeps getting calls it implies he is not doing his job, so he gets the message in that Thai way.

If they don't know you and they are not directly opposite you can put small tiny nails in the keyhole to the lock. They will need a locksmith each time and will get the message or move, but don't do it if you have complained or they will know it's you by asking the security guy or from gossip. How you do this is you stop and pretend to tie your shoes then slip the nails in as you stand up. That way if there is a camera or a neighbor is looking through a peephole they are not sure it was you.

It's best to just put in one tiny nail or pin, a needle works too. Just one is enough to <deleted> up the lock. It also makes it harder for the locksmith to report the cause to the resident, which they will surely be looking for during the repair. Usually they can't get it out as it takes too long to disassemble the whole <deleted> thing and a hole new lock needs to be put in.

Edited by JimTripper