Where can I go to find myself

georgegeorgia

41 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Easy to get gf. The west is more lonely even if you have a wife cause its dog eat dog. 

Thailand is more fun.

Dating over 50 in the USA these days is not easy at all. Getting laid on the singles scene over 50 without being a rock star or famous artist is a life changing event. Women over 50 have it even worse.

Don't even get me started on those big eastern city Christmas singles parties. Let me just say they are fairly depressing.

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Dating over 50 in the USA these days is not easy at all. Getting laid on the singles scene over 50 without being a rock star or famous artist is a life changing event. Women over 50 have it even worse.

Don't even get me started on those big eastern city Christmas singles parties. Let me just say they are fairly depressing.

Over 50yos women in the west are mostly beaten favourites that are 80kgs.

Never heard about big east coast Christmas parties. Can we hear more? I'm from New York.

I have a friend in DC who's 52 and killing it on Tinder. Like real estate, dating situations vary with the zip code. I tried his account, swiped a few dozen 55+ (I'm 70) and got a 30% swipe back-rate. As he put it, "if you want a decent-looking, arty, liberal, looking woman, you can have a gf in a month."

Expecting white woman to have the same genetic weight disposition of Thai women is a recipe for disappointment. Next up: why are black people on the dark side?

Philosophical question: White fattie who gets wet for you or Thai beauty queen who never will?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Philosophical question: White fattie who gets wet for you or Thai beauty queen who never will?

Neither. I'll remain celibate till I die rather than get romantically involved with a white woman again, and never went for beauty queens anywhere as they think they are special.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Never heard about big east coast Christmas parties. Can we hear more? I'm from New York.

I have a friend in DC who's 52 and killing it on Tinder. Like real estate, dating situations vary with the zip code. I tried his account, swiped a few dozen 55+ (I'm 70) and got a 30% swipe back-rate. As he put it, "if you want a decent-looking, arty, liberal, looking woman, you can have a gf in a month."

I'm glad they work for somebody.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Neither. I'll remain celibate till I die rather than get romantically involved with a white woman again, and never went for beauty queens anywhere as they think they are special.

Respect for the courage of your convictions.

Even as an old horn dog on the wane, I'd still cave and do the fattie, say 90 days out. Maybe that appetite for cheesecake is indicative of other hungers.

My (white) wife has def spread out. It's easier to send her to the gym than find a replacement. She's on it, doing aerobics in the pool. 

Like I said, dating demographics are very local. DC/NYC are famous for being man-friendly.  But if you're in a rural area? You better love Jesus and be prepared to really wait for some very blah sex.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Actions are key to happiness

Act more

Think less

Agree. Most people analyze everything before, during, and after they do it.

My analysis comes down to something like this - Pull the trigger ... Good, I hit the target. Or too bad, I missed. End Of - onward and upward.

Remain Open - many things come your way if you do.

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some of us over 50 look good, good diet, good exercise etc

I am 57 now and I get told I look like I am 45 by folks.  Many ask me what I do for work and when I tell them I am retired, they look shocked and say how can you have retired already, you look to be about 45.  When I tell them my age they think I am lying.  It is called good genetics, as I have no wrinkles on my face or forehead.  

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 8:51 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Have you ever had to do this or done this ?

I'm also thinking Scotland highlands ?

By myself in a cabin in the country mountains 

Where is a place where on can find their life

About 10 years ago I needed some space and time to reflect upon the past and the future, having made a major move from NZ to Patong, living with a lovely Thai lady for almost 6 years and then breaking up (don't ask, because I don't know why!).

So I went to Rarotonga (Cook Islands), to spend a couple of weeks in a friends bungalow, not knowing what I would do or exactly how it would pan out, but I soon settled into it and took long walks along the pristine beaches and crystal clear sea, found a few books to read and also looked up a couple of old friends from my NZ days, and much to my amazement I managed to RELAX, something I have found hard to do over most of my life.

It is a beautiful small island, with good-natured people and it's easy to just lose yourself in tranquillity, or whatever you want to do, and it certainly helped me to "clear my head" as the saying goes.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am 57 now and I get told I look like I am 45 by folks.  Many ask me what I do for work and when I tell them I am retired, they look shocked and say how can you have retired already, you look to be about 45.  When I tell them my age they think I am lying.  It is called good genetics, as I have no wrinkles on my face or forehead.  

Very similar to me, i agree good genetics, my Dad looked young for his age until about 70

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, seedy said:

Agree. Most people analyze everything before, during, and after they do it.

My analysis comes down to something like this - Pull the trigger ... Good, I hit the target. Or too bad, I missed. End Of - onward and upward.

Remain Open - many things come your way if you do.

Yes. You never know. Meet someone new, find a new gf, new job, new hobby.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's what I'm told and what i see similar to ThailandRyan. You are probably one of the unlucky ones that look 10 years older, if bald that doesn't help plus if overweight 

Yes Thai women who want your money give you compliments. 

Thats a old one.

26 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You kid yourself.

Its the total package and not only physical apperance. Many wrinkled older people look younger because they still have the spark in their eyes and still have the energy to live and give the best they have and can. 

They havent given up yet. 

Daily exercise of mind and body as well balanced nutrition does the magic. 

• Like 1