German national in Pattaya has an intense standoff with Banglamung Police

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

No, an overstaying <deleted> being treated as he should.  If you don't like the treatment, don't over stay, its all very simple.

I never have overstayed my visa and I never will. I truly am a model citizen. 

14 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Where in the article does it show the man treated like an animal Bob? 

didn't read that either..but did read about a guy with a knife of course they are going to arrest him Overstay illegal !!! ...what you think they should do bring him a pizza

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"He was trying to call on the phone his 35-year-old German wife for help "

No one yet has made the suggestion that it may have been her that informed the Police about his overstay 

It might have been  her who called the police.

Will that do? ????????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I hope that I never end up like that .

Shouting and screaming and sitting on roofs and throwing thing about and setting things on fire  .

I would hate the attention and would feel extreme embarrassed by my behaviour .

What did the guy think was going to happen when he played up?

Did he think that the Police would go home and leave him alone and forget about him ?

Don't think he was in a rational state of mind to consider the consequences of his actions. Enraged. Why? The article doesn't say 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

(I am Dutch) I was joking around. I had Swedish Neighbors, nice people can't say a bad word about them.

Oki Doki! That´s really nice to hear. However, I could tell you some horrible stories. ???? 

It´s a lot of bad apples and rotten peaches there as well. That´s like one of the reasons I left my home country. The second is that I just could. ???? 

And for myself, I am here just for the temples. Just ask my wife. 

Edited by Gottfrid

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"He was trying to call on the phone his 35-year-old German wife for help "

No one yet has made the suggestion that it may have been her that informed the Police about his overstay 

Where is/was the 35 year old German Wife? and can she speak Thai or English? 

Bottom line: Would she be able to help him?

16 hours ago, bob smith said:

err, in the picture? 8 coppers dragging him out his house by the scruff of the neck not enough for you???

maybe that's cause he was behaving very erratically, had a weapon, was threatening to himself and others and resisting violently when he was grabbed holding a knife.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

True Rob. Henrik Larsson is Swedish right? ????

I'm most suspicious of dem' Norwegian people. They're far too blonde, and far too attractive for my liking. There must be something untoward going on with that lot lol ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Oki Doki! That´s really nice to hear. However, I could tell you some horrible stories. ???? 

It´s a lot of bad apples and rotten peaches there as well. That´s like one of the reasons I left my home country. The second is that I just could. ???? 

And for myself, I am here just for the temples. Just ask my wife. 

You got idiots everywhere, leaving your country does not really help as unfortunately idiots travel too. Lot of selfish bad people.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bob smith said:

treating overstayers like animals now. how nice.

Nope, treating overstayers like they "overstayed. He's the one that escalated the situation. People are not free to stay in any country the like for as long as they like without doing the proper paperwork, which here in thailand is pretty generous in that regard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

Nope, treating overstayers like they "overstayed. He's the one that escalated the situation. People are not free to stay in any country the like for as long as they like without doing the proper paperwork, which here in thailand is pretty generous in that regard. 

Unlike in the UK, in Thailand you can't use 'uman rights laws to stay in the country, probably forever, and probably at public expense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rbkk said:

Why were the press invited? 

Good question. It seems that whenever anything happens, especially something involving a foreigner the press are there? If you dont want the press, the police can be paid off so as not to invite them!

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Unlike in the UK, in Thailand you can't use 'uman rights laws to stay in the country, probably forever, and probably at public expense.

There are plenty of other options for extended stays. Just read a few of the multitude of posts

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Good question. It seems that whenever anything happens, especially something involving a foreigner the press are there? If you dont want the press, the police can be paid off so as not to invite them!

Probably same as in most countries, the press hang out around police stations / police haunts etc., and tag alon when there's something that might provide good photos, copy etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In the US, he would likely have been shot and killed. He sounds like an absolute fool. Though I give the cops here very little reason to harass me, I find them to be relatively easy to deal with, and rarely ever do they overly flex their power like in the US. Some departments in the US are worse than others. Many cops there are drunk with power. Some are here too. But, not nearly as many, and they are significantly less obnoxious here. 

In America many people carry concealed guns on their person and is a reason for harsh detainment as well as the Democrats supporting "Defund the Police" movement.