Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

La la land stuff......lol

"During the poll, Musk acknowledged that the vote numbers were being affected by automated bots, which are not operated by people, and suggested there was a need to clean up Twitter polls from being influenced by “bot and troll armies”.

Last week, Trump announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024 and praised Musk, saying he had always liked him. Nevertheless, Trump also said Twitter suffered from bots and fake accounts, and that the problems it faced were “incredible”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/20/twitter-lifts-donald-trump-ban-after-elon-musks-poll

You don't need a phone to sign up for twitter, throw away email addresses are what bots use, one bot can make thousands of new accounts daily, that's just one computer, a botnet working together can make thousands of multiples of the original bot, each programmed to vote via spoof IP's

Bots are just one of the numerous issues already highlighted in this thread.

Both sides used bots.  The left think that only their bots should be valid.   I'm sure once the bots were taken away the result would be the same if not higher for reinstatement of Trump as the majority of people still believe in the concept of freedom of speech.

It's only the reinstatement of a Twitter account that Musk could easily enable with or without a poll.   Quite why people work themselves up into a frothing mess about this is beyond comprehension.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This can be the start of something big.  If Trump gets his chance to run for President.  Maybe Musk could be his running mate for Vice-President.  Then all the Trump supporters could say America Will Really Be Great Again 

'The people have spoken.'   What a crock.  The fanatical followers of Musk's twitter account have spoken.  I have a twitter account but I am not on much and I was not even aware of the poll being taken before the results were posted and the decision made.   Talk about rigging the outcome. Originally, Musk said a panel was going to decide if Trump was reinstated.   What happened to that idea, I wonder.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swm59nj said:

This can be the start of something big.  If Trump gets his chance to run for President.  Maybe Musk could be his running mate for Vice-President.  Then all the Trump supporters could say America Will Really Be Great Again 

Gotta be born in US to be president.  Otherwise, there would have been a President Ahnuldt by now.

I think Mark Cuban said it best, good for Twitter, not so good for Trump.  Tweeting as an ordinary citizen is not the same as tweeting while President.

[“Smart marketing move for @twitter,” Mark Cuban said in a Tweet. “Now everyone comes to see what trump does. Awful for trump. The pressure is on him to entertain. Tweets hit different as the President vs now being [the former guy].”]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mark-cuban-reacts-to-huge-donald-trump-news/ar-AA14kNyM?ocid=wispr&cvid=2016c7dce04a4f7a9926bfeae52ec4c5

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, Bkk Brian said:

From the linked article:

NAACP President Derrick Johnson

“If Elon Musk continues to run Twitter like this, using garbage polls that do not represent the American people and the needs of our democracy, God help us all.”

The poll was a free vote.. what's your problem..

you don't like democracy?

• Thanks 1

No it hasn’t at least not yet anyway as of today November 21st. Why do you all always spread misinformation? You have been trying to do it with cannabis since they first started legalizing it a few years ago. 

Trump hasn’t been reinstated on Twitter yet. 

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now can I expect a similar outrage from you the next time someone is criticized for allegedly suffering cognitive problems?

Never thought I would ever hear anyone on Asean News confessing to "cognitive problems"....

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

15 million unverified accounts, no way to know which country they came from, how many bots and fake accounts and certainly not representative of an authenticated poll or survey

Excellent insight (for once).  So, now you see why Musk wanted to take over Twitter and maybe discover precisely how  many bots there are in that quagmire.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Doowat said:

Fact: hate is part of the human condition as is jealousy, envy and a host of other undesirable traits. Deal with it. We are heading for a sanitised world where people of a certain political persuasion will exploit restrictions on freedom of speech to close down debate. 

The Guardian, New York Times, CNN and more were barred from ‘gaggle’ hours after Trump once again called much of the media an ‘enemy of American people’

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doowat said:

Fact: hate is part of the human condition as is jealousy, envy and a host of other undesirable traits. Deal with it. We are heading for a sanitised world where people of a certain political persuasion will exploit restrictions on freedom of speech to close down debate. 

A debate is a formal discussion. Hate speech, lies, deception and misinformation play no part in a debate.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And for those who insist that truth can only be firmly built on facts, we can thank then U.S. Counselor to the President, Kellyanne Conway for introducing the concept of "alternative facts" on January 22, 2017.

"alternative facts" is what Her Majesty the Queen characterised as "others will have different recollections" and what Megan Markle calls "my truth."

• Love It 1