For retired expats What do you do for excitement

kingstonkid

10 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Ignore the kit car here but the rest are great.

Travel around the country. Chiang Mai, Phuket, National parks Historical sites etc

Visit Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Endless things to . The list is endless.

Thanks all the best

Read, listen to music, play music, watch TV/movies, monitor investments, cook, eat, learn something new, have a nap, play a computer game, and many other things.

There’s always something to do other than sitting on your butt and staring into space.

Also, day drinking is a thing too.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Also, day drinking is a thing too.

I am glad somebody mentioned that. Leave the night to younger ones and do the afternoon session, nap afterwards, have tea (the meal),  good sleep and hey presto no hangover.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jimn said:

Well for a start dont live in the middle of nowhere, where your wife dictates your life for you. Live in or near Pattaya. You then have the choice of the beach at Jomtien, nightlife whenever you want it, cinema, eating out, going to the gym, playing golf etc. If you have the funds and are reasonably fit, retirement should be a fun time. If you think you are already on the way out, doing nothing will quickly accelerate that.

Good answer...and how I feel. Have you retired already?

Have to keep busy or else I think my retirement might be spent continuously worrying about if I will have enough money to last me to when I drop off.

Spending 1/3, 2/3rds time between Australia and Thailand maybe. Regular workouts to stay strong. Helping the misso's family etc.