Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Now why would Biden spend months denying they were there when the whole incident was covered up - and the Biden fans and Biden himself were excoriating Trump for the same thing?

"Nov. 2: The first batch of classified documents — about 10 of them — is found after one of Biden’s private attorneys opens a locked closet at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington. The Penn Biden Center is a think tank affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania that Biden founded and whose offices he used after his time as vice president ended in early 2017. Garland describes it as a location “not authorized for storage of classified documents.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/13/biden-classified-documents-timeline/

BTW midterms were Nov 8th and the left campaigned by attacking Trump for doing what their own top boy did - but strewn across several insecure locations and for a much longer time. Hooooo boy this will be fun.

The very next sentence in your source reads:

"The documents are immediately turned over to the National Archives, according to Richard Sauber, special counsel to President Biden. Sauber said the documents “were not the subject of any previous request or inquiry by” the National Archives and Records Administration — unlike the classified materials eventually found at Mar-a-Lago."

The documents were immediately turned over.  That's something you never here about the classified found at Trump's residence.  Which is one of many reasons why the two situations are not at all comparable.

BTW:  It is not government policy to notify the press whenever a security incident is discovered.  That's why the press wasn't notified immediately.  I don't know when they were notified or why.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

How long will it take for biden's minions to stop using but...but Trump as an excuse. Biden deserves every bit of trouble this causes him.

Here’s my very first post in this thread and the second response from anyone to the OP:

The answer to your question is 54 minutes ( but I was busy on Tuesday).

Enjoy.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:42 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Good to see President Biden’s lawyers acting decisively to report this find.

Good to see USAG acting decisively to investigate the matter.

If criminality is found, then indict.

The criminal holding, withholding or concealment of classified documents should always be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If criminality is not found, make a clear unequivocal statement to that effect.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

Why that? As explained many times, including on Fox News, the two cases are not comparable. The case of Trump is much worse as there was obstruction, among other differences.

The particulars are different but the basic facts are the same...mishandling of classified government documents. (Especially egregious in Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.'s case being he's been on the taxpayer payroll over 40 years and should know better.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The particulars are different but the basic facts are the same...mishandling of classified government documents. (Especially egregious in Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.'s case being he's been on the taxpayer payroll over 40 years and should know better.)

Not the same and false equivalence. Have been explained by many here. One is a mistake of about a dozen classified documents and handled promptly with full cooperation while the other is a crime with willful intent to obstruct and hide hundreds of classified documents. Simple as that. Not hard to understand by rational people.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

No, especially egregious in the case of the former President who wouldn't release the classified and other documents after months of negotiation.  It took a search warrant to retrieve the documents illegally taken from the White House.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps you should aim that at the GOP who has been making endless comparisons to how Trump was treated and how Biden is being treated. How unfair it is that Biden has not been raided the same as Trump was how the AG should be impeached, how with Trump its ok because the documents were declassified (no evidence of that) and with Biden as VP he couldn't declassify as if that matters in this case.

That rhetoric then finds its way right here on the forum, from those comparisons. So please stop with your "They simply can't help making a comparison" nonsense.

And I suggest likewise that you respond to 'That rhetoric' when you find it but on this thread you won't find it from me. My comments regarding comparisons are there for all to read...'if the cap fits', eh? 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

How long will it take for biden's minions to stop using but...but Trump as an excuse. Biden deserves every bit of trouble this causes him.

They are coming up with every excuse they can think of. Don't they get that whatever Trump did is completely irrelevant in this case.?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, especially egregious in the case of the former President who wouldn't release the classified and other documents after months of negotiation.  It took a search warrant to retrieve the documents illegally taken from the White House.

It is a waste of time to try and explain to trumpers the legal difference between one who purposely lies both verbally and in writing and obstructs justice for months on end  and someone who made a mistake and immediately took steps to correct the mistakes by returning the docs the next day.... and then doing even more searches to make sure they had found and returned them all and cooperates fully with the investigation rather than attacking the investigators. 

Both have been and will be investigated and the difference will be spelled out in detail.   And of course trumpers will then claim the investigation was a witch hunt if they are not pleased with the results.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

And I suggest likewise that you respond to 'That rhetoric' when you find it but on this thread you won't find it from me. My comments regarding comparisons are there for all to read...'if the cap fits', eh? 

I don't wear caps I respond to posts factually as I see fit. Nice try eh

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Not the same and false equivalence. Have been explained by many here. One is a mistake of about a dozen classified documents and handled promptly with full cooperation while the other is a crime with willful intent to obstruct and hide hundreds of classified documents. Simple as that. Not hard to understand by rational people.

Do you have inside info? You call Biden's docs a mistake. Really????

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Gotta also remember that the location of the first discovery, the Penn University think tank associated with Biden, is actually located in Washington DC. NOT in Pennsylvania.  Hip deep in the swamp.  It was a great place for past and future democratic policy makers to "dip their beaks"- Antony Blinken for example. Millions of dollars in donations from China flowed into the U of Pennsylvania- $30 million alone since the Center opened its doors in 2017.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/penn-biden-center-where-classified-papers-were-found-is-a-dark-money-nightmare/ar-AA16eE2T?li=BBnb7Kz

Joe himself took in nearly a million dollars while NOT being a "full professor", as he claimed.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-professor-university-pennsylvania/

Penn Biden center received zero in funding from any Chinese donations. Other Uni's such as Harvard received far more in funding from Chinese donations, are they part of this swamp to?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Penn Biden center received zero in funding from any Chinese donations. Other Uni's such as Harvard received far more in funding from Chinese donations, are they part of this swamp to?

Yes.  

And the way Penn does their finding makes it impossible to see where the money went. The Biden Center does not have separate financial filings, according to the article.  So you cannot say for certain that they received "zero in funding" from Chinese donations. Just curious timing, don't you think? Thirty million bucks in anonymous Chinese money in 2 years?  Come on, man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Yes.  

And the way Penn does their finding makes it impossible to see where the money went. The Biden Center does not have separate financial filings, according to the article.  So you cannot say for certain that they received "zero in funding" from Chinese donations. Just curious timing, don't you think? Thirty million bucks in anonymous Chinese money in 2 years?  Come on, man!

Why's it curious when so many other top tier Uni's received Chinese donations with some receiving even more? The only link they have in that sourced New York Post article is that "critics suspect"

48 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So does that mean if I remove classified material from the White House and then declare that I have taken it, I am exonerated from the crime of mishandling classified documents? 

At least Trumps documents were in Mar Lar Go and had secret service agents on the premises. 

Further, 

1.  The judge did not hold Trump in contempt for failure to turn over the documents, saying the two parties should settle this.

2. You fail to mention that Trump's legal team had been contesting the turning over the documents for a year and were in negotiations with the government regarding what documents should and should not be returned.  

Do you really think that if the Trump team did not have a legal right to contest the subpoena?  He certainly had to right to demonstrate that either the records fell outside the scope of the subpoena or provide evidence that the records had been declassified.  Instead, handlind this in the courts the Democrats wanted the visual of Mar Largo being raided. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/national-archives-letter-shows-extent-classified-material-previously/story?id=88742019

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/judge-declines-doj-request-hold-trump-team-contempt/story?id=94809481

image.png.b574b74c75c71cf06620b3e3eca3a3a8.png

image.png.ff99739ba8943eab55681d69274d077c.png

"So does that mean if I remove classified material from the White House and then declare that I have taken it, I am exonerated from the crime of mishandling classified documents? "

Yes if you have security clearance and permission to have taken them at the time...........lol. Not sure what point you're trying to make? That's not whats being suggested in the Biden case anyway as its still under early investigation stages. Perhaps wait for a further official press release.

The rest of your post is a lengthy piece that would require a lengthy response on the Trump case. Not going there on this OP, I suggest you go to the appropriate thread.

How the Biden and Trump classified documents cases compare

Edited by Bkk Brian

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, many armed police storming the locations would be a suitable response IMO.

Did you mean in the same fashion that Trump's place was "raided" by the FBI?

Could you explain the difference between a private citizen and ex-president who lied and denied that he had any confidential documents, and after repeated requests even his lawyers denied the fact, (but wouldn't sign it off). Yet when the FBI finally got the warrant and searched Trump's Mar-A-Lago residence, they found literally hundreds of confidential documents.

Now when President Biden's lawyers found 10 documents they immediately informed the National Record Office and the documents were collected the next day. His lawyers searched further and found more documents which they also reported and those documents were collected the next day.

The basic difference I see, is that President Biden's lawyers reported the documents straight away and ex-president Trump's lawyers delayed and lied for months that here were any documents at all, as did Trump himself.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, is the excuse going to be that some completely unknown person took classified documents from Biden's time as VP and unknown to Biden or anyone in Biden's staff placed them in his own garage.

I can only hope the GOP pursue this to the same extent as the Dems did with everything pertaining to Trump ( I'm pretty sure they will ).

I expect this event has given some impetus to the GOP, who have been somewhat on the back foot recently. One wonders how the response would have looked had the Dems won the House ( actually one is pretty sure it would have been quietly ignored ).

quote "Ah, is the excuse going to be that some completely unknown person took classified documents from Biden's time as VP and unknown to Biden or anyone in Biden's staff placed them in his own garage."

Really?

And how would you know this?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The timing, for one thing. Chinese donations tripled once the Biden Center was announced. Doesn't that make you think "hmmmmmmmmm"...?

https://news.yahoo.com/hunter-biden-china-classified-documents-070049153.html

Read that and the links within the article, imo that needs looking at as part of an investigation or a transparent disclosure from the Uni. However that is more to do with Hunter and not the docs.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More importantly, whatever Biden did/did not do is totally irrelevant to the criminal investigation Trump is under.

Pointing this out in response to repeated attempts by Trump supporters to claim Biden has done the same thing as Trump is not ‘excusing Biden’.

Repeat:  It is a waste of time to try and explain to trumpers the legal difference between one who purposely lies both verbally and in writing and obstructs justice for months on end  and someone who made a mistake and immediately took steps to correct the mistakes by returning the docs the next day.... and then doing even more searches to make sure they had found and returned them all and cooperates fully with the investigation rather than attacking the investigators. 

Both have been and will be investigated and the difference will be spelled out in detail.   And of course trumpers will then claim the investigation was a witch hunt if they are not pleased with the results.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes if you have security clearance and permission to have taken them at the time....

Now you are also making a "fact" out of something that has not been established. 

Irrespective of whether you have security clearance or not, mishandling or failure to secure classified documents is a crime.  The storage of documents in a garage would hardly be appropriate.  So you suggesting that if he had clearance that would be ok is truly a farse. 

Also, why would Biden attorneys declare them if as you suggest he received clearance to have them. 

As said, Trumps lawyers had been negotiating for over a year.  They were contesting whether some of the records were subject to the subpoena and also contesting if some of the records had been declassified.  

Neither of those exist with Biden.  

Biden's actions are even worse than Hillary Clintons who had classified information on her server secured in a bathroom closet

image.png.6eb7ba712c79960f8287153825295793.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now you are also making a "fact" out of something that has not been established. 

Irrespective of whether you have security clearance or not, mishandling or failure to secure classified documents is a crime.  The storage of documents in a garage would hardly be appropriate.  So you suggesting that if he had clearance that would be ok is truly a farse. 

Also, why would Biden attorneys declare them if as you suggest he received clearance to have them. 

As said, Trumps lawyers had been negotiating for over a year.  They were contesting whether some of the records were subject to the subpoena and also contesting if some of the records had been declassified.  

Neither of those exist with Biden.  

Biden's actions are even worse than Hillary Clintons who had classified information on her server secured in a bathroom closet

image.png.6eb7ba712c79960f8287153825295793.png

Oh gawd, this is also not about Hilary...................................in future quote my full post and I may respond

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh gawd, this is also not about Hilary...................................in future quote my full post and I may respond

No but you were somehow making the inference that Biden "if he had permission" was ok in storing the records in his garage.  I was pointing out that even Hillary had her records in a more secure location, her bathroom and Trump's residence at Mar Largo was secured by secret service.  So of those which person was the most reckless with the STORAGE of classified information. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

No but you were somehow making the inference that Biden "if he had permission" was ok in storing the records in his garage.  I was pointing out that even Hillary had her records in a more secure location, her bathroom and Trump's residence at Mar Largo was secured by secret service.  So of those which person was the most reckless with the STORAGE of classified information. 

What evidence do you have that the secret service was anywhere near those documents? Their only mission is  to protect Trump's personal safety, not to guard his possessions. They do so at taxpayer's expense. Just another Trump apologist talking point, not grounded in reality or reason.

Edited by ozimoron

8 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Those with official authorization to remove classified documents from within the White House can do so. FACT. I did not state Biden had the permission to store documents in his garage stop the false claims. That is part of the ongoing investigation

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes if you have security clearance and permission to have taken them at the time...........lol. Not sure what point you're trying to make? That's not whats being suggested in the Biden case anyway as its still under early investigation stages. Perhaps wait for a further official press release.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1