Nearly half of Americans think Trump should suspend 2024 campaign after indictment: poll

Social Media

45 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Lol.

I am not even trying to prove he interfered by arresting Trump.

Where have I even attempted to show evidence that he did that??

(Though the timing is convenient, that's for sure)

What I am saying (multiple times already) is that it is unethical (suspicious even) for him to say that he'd do everything in his legal power to stop Trump becoming president again.

I don't think it's his job to do that. He should leave that to the voters because it's supposed to be a democracy.

Do you agree or disagree with that? Placeholder dodged this question. Will you?

I did not dodge your question at all. I just didn't give you the answer you wanted. In fact, when you did ask me what I thought it meant, I gave you the answer, namely, elections. Stop making things up. 

I also pointed out that your interpretation is dodgy. What does "under the legitimate efforts of our Constitution" mean? He didn't use the word "legal", he used legitimate which sets a far stricter standard, even though, to be fair, I'm not entirely sure what "under the legitimate efforts of our Constitution" even means. But it certainly doesn't smack of using the Justice Dept. against him. Throughout his career, Biden has not earned a reputation for being a wordsmith.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I agree that he shouldn't run again, but it has nothing to do with the indictments.  I would rather see a younger and more palatable person in the White House.

Really seems that fear is a big motivating factor amongst Democrats these days.  They realized that they dodged a bullet in 2020, thanks to Covid. Absent the pandemic, Trump would have been re-elected easily.  

Agree 100%. IMO the continual attacks using legal means are because they really, really fear him winning again, even more so given that he would likely take revenge  on them.

My sensible side hopes he doesn't stand or loses the primaries, so a better GOP candidate can win, but my mischievous side hopes he wins for the "entertainment" that would follow.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tug said:

He won’t withdraw its his most lucrative grift and a easy way to get the attention he craves

Hillary says he will get all the attention he wants in prison 55555.  

They say since last Tuesday you can still hear the party over at Hillary's going on with chants of "LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP!!!!"

????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

The word was he was offered $25 million when he became a former president to do a new Apprentice, so I'd guess that offer is still out there.  But he's stumbled upon  money machine and could make that in a month or two via fundraising.

I guess when he hears they are creating VIP cells at Allenwood Low he may finally see there is no light at the end of his tunnel.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, placeholder said:

With that in prospect, he may actually be running away.

Jesus got to where he is by getting nailed to a cross. A winning strategy for Trump, maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I am right wing, but that does not say I would not listen to the argument from someone on the left. A good debate is good for society.

But heavens, trying to find a pro-Trump story or anti-biden one on this site is like looking for a virgin in soi 6. At least even it up a bit.

If your' needing a right wing fix just type in the following, as not one nice thing has ever been written about Biden and has only high praise for Trump. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics

4 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

If your' needing a right wing fix just type in the following, as not one nice thing has ever been written about Biden and has only high praise for Trump. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics

Nice thing said about Biden? Why don't you name one good thing he has done right for the American people other than hiding in the cellar.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's silly.

Democrats that know what's what WANT Trump to be nominated because he's such a LOSER! Easiest to beat by Biden by far. I doubt Biden can beat any other republican they might nominate.

Do you really NOT get this?

Totally agree.  He lost the popular vote in 2016--so the majority of the voters rejected him then. Loser.   Saved by the cursed Electoral College.  After seeing 4 years of his failed presidency, voters turned hands down and he lost the popular vote even more badly in 2020--by over 7 million votes.  Rejected yet again.  Loser.

He'll always have his core fanatics no matter what he does and a percentage of die-hard Republicans who will vote for whomever is the party's nominee.  But, I like the Democrat chances with Trump as the Republican nominee because I think large numbers of independents and undecideds, and some Republicans, will choose the Democrat nominee over loser Trump with all his negative baggage--and possibly criminal convictions.   And, always good to have an opponent who's dumb as a rock--hopefully, he will once again strongly urge his supporters to wait until Election Day to vote.  

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I am right wing, but that does not say I would not listen to the argument from someone on the left. A good debate is good for society.

But heavens, trying to find a pro-Trump story or anti-biden one on this site is like looking for a virgin in soi 6. At least even it up a bit.

That would involve unfairly weighting favorable stories involving Trump as there  aren't many. There weren't many favorable stories involving Nixon either.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Nice thing said about Biden? Why don't you name one good thing he has done right for the American people other than hiding in the cellar.

I'm not that stupid to imagine you would ever find any facts convincing other than Trump lies which you lap up.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1