Indian Tourists Amazes Me.

NONG CHOK

2 hours ago, champers said:

From a different perspective: you will find many Indian families and couples at all the top rated hotels. Money no object for them.

The ones the OP saw are here as part of the MICE programme, specifically the I = Incentive for successful sales teams. They also get a paid for soapy masssge as part of their reward.

"Money no object for them."

Often enough no manners.

5 star hotel in Chiang Mai ceters to 4 / 5 day Indian weddings, lots of wealth indian guests/families stay same hotel.

Hotel staff treated like shxx, many instances of no manners / baic politeness from rich Indian women dripping in expensive jewelry, several cases of indian women slapping faces of Thai room maids.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, As the title suggests Indians in Pattaya amaze me. Around 11.30 am I went to the Bodega Bar on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Soi Post Office. After a long walk and shopping at Villa Mart I decided to relax there. After about 30m minutes in walks these 3 big Indians. They studied the drink menu for at least 5 minutes. Then they bought one Heineken and shared it. Then one lit up a smoke and they shared that. They all wanted to know the Bodega Bars free WIFI. When that settled down they wanted to play pool. When they were told they needed to pay 20 baht per game, their very dark black complexion nearly turned green. What TAT sees in these types of tourists amazes me. I'm not a tourist I'm a condo owner and I've lived in Pattaya for the past 20 years.

You obviously don't know quality when you see it.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Hotel staff treated like shxx, many instances of no manners / baic politeness from rich Indian women dripping in expensive jewelry, several cases of indian women slapping faces of Thai room maids.

Guess this is a real cultural issue. They still have this caste system, and a servant is a servant and of lower "value". You will even encounter this behaviour in Thailand where maids, servants etc. are at times treated inadequately. Have witnessed this many times.

1 hour ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

No you didn’t 

You seem very certain - it must have been at least 10 years ago, in a bar on Sukhumvit Soi 7.

They came in, sat down, one ordered a coke. They started to take alternate sips. The boss woman came over and told them to leave.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Guess this is a real cultural issue. They still have this caste system, and a servant is a servant and of lower "value". You will even encounter this behaviour in Thailand where maids, servants etc. are at times treated inadequately. Have witnessed this many times.

That doesn't make it acceptabe and doesn't make it OK, not at all!

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Looks like an old stale trolling and bashing topic has again been dug out on the drink sharing !!

But let's not forget that at the end of the day for the Thai's  should it be a falang, a foreigner or whatever....most are plainly considered as non Thai and somewhat tolerated guests in the country.

Consequently it is always "interesting" to read some of us westeners...foreigners in Thailand,  considering themselves above the other visitors.

I do. I'm way better.

• Haha 1