Is kindness something that works in life

bignok

12 hours ago, connda said:

Is kindness something that works in life?

Absolutely 100%.  Kindness is its own reward. 
Now, if you're looking to get something back for being kind?  Then you start to sound like most Thai Buddhist who give because the believe they'll get good things back in return.  If you think like that?  Well, it won't lead to happiness.

Agreed, although I would observe that this is true with other belief systems, as well. In my home country, those who believe they will get good in try urn or at least will avoid the fires of hell in eternity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Agreed, although I would observe that this is true with other belief systems, as well. In my home country, those who believe they will get good in try urn or at least will avoid the fires of hell in eternity.

...... assuming god and hell exist.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Psychologists have demonstrated the act of giving to,  or helping someone makes the giver feel good. Apparently the feeling is related to the release of chemicals in the brain.

When I give or help, I don't expect anything back. People who do are bound to be disappointed.

Nice to get something back. A thank you even.

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What is your proof for the statement?

@digger70 is right. The proof ? Experience, the best proof there is !

There are other reasons than to get something back for any good deeds immediately. But the seeds of your beneficial actions stay with you in a subtle way. But better not elaborate on that, its one of the most complex topics I can think of.

Edited by moogradod

Just now, moogradod said:

@digger70 is right. The proof ? Experience, the best proof there is !

There are other reasons than to get something back for any good deeds immediately. But the seeds of your befeficial actions stay with you in a subtle way. But better not elaborate on that, its one of the most complex topics I can think of.

I thought @digger70 was referring to the existence of God and Hell in responding to another poster's statement.

I've never had a religious experience, although I understand they are available if one consumes psilocybin or LSD.