Biden approval rating among Democrats drops to lowest of presidency: Gallup

Social Media

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Double digit decline in a month!!!? Wow, that's heavy. 

Can't say I'm surprised though, the guy is clearly struggling. 

Sometimes it’s hard to be a president and still make those hard calls like not sucking up to the murderous thugs the Saudis hence the high gas prices.staying out of the feds way as they get a handle on inflation.standing with and not extorting a country that asks for our help.trying ever so gently nudge the country towards renewable energy.those things take courage everyone is frightened of change.It doesent help that he is elderly but by god he gets real stuff done he has the courage to stand up for American principles.he also has physical courage by traveling to war zones.or perhaps as some here prefer a president who makes cartoon images of him self and conns imbeciles into buying them?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Whether Trump will get away with all this criminal stuff or not, things like this scare the <self-deleted> out of me:

Trump leads Biden, RFK Jr.: poll
BY CAROLINE VAKIL - 10/20/23 7:30 PM ET

Former President Trump is leading President Biden and Democrat-turned-independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in a three-way race, a new poll found.

The Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll survey, shared with The Hill, showed Trump receiving 39 percent support, Biden receiving 33 percent support and Kennedy receiving 19 percent support in a three-way race. A separate 9 percent of voters said they did not know or were unsure.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4268075-trump-leads-biden-rfk-jr-survey/

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder why ... 

... "Since President Biden took office, prices have increased cumulatively by 17.4 percent, while hourly wages have increased only 13 percent. In looking at the past seven presidents, only Jimmy Carter had a bigger inflation rate, 26.2 percent, at a similar point in his presidency. For the past four presidents, their Presidential Inflation Rate was in single digits, and, specifically, Biden’s PIR is triple that of where Donald Trump (5.6 percent) and George W. Bush (5.4 percent) were at this point in their first terms."

source

Could contain:

source

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Wonder why ... 

... "Since President Biden took office, prices have increased cumulatively by 17.4 percent, while hourly wages have increased only 13 percent. In looking at the past seven presidents, only Jimmy Carter had a bigger inflation rate, 26.2 percent, at a similar point in his presidency. For the past four presidents, their Presidential Inflation Rate was in single digits, and, specifically, Biden’s PIR is triple that of where Donald Trump (5.6 percent) and George W. Bush (5.4 percent) were at this point in their first terms."

source

Could contain:

source

Global inflation?

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/WLD/world/inflation-rate-cpi

Could contain:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:24 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Isn't it sad that the best and the brightest of the democrat party is trailing Trump in the polls... doesn't speak well does it.

Not to worry.  They're holding Wanda Seminars across the country, and working out the bugs (and the excuses) for their vote flipping tallying  machines. 

https://apnews.com/article/connecticut-judge-bridgeport-ganim-mayor-election-1e6d23567703c55430968ffdaa0b6369

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/election-2023-northampton-county-pennsylvania-superior-court/

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

I don't think the Yanks care about Global inflation.

Here's a list of countries with 'LESS' inflation than the USA

For 2023 - 2022 - 2021

2022 & 2021, I needed to put in 2 columns

as there was so many ... IMF Data

Could contain:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

For 2023 - 2022 - 2021

Could contain:

I agree that people are sensible to inflation and that it has a negative influence on their perception of the government (same as in other countries).

It is usual for economists to compare G7 countries. The graph shows how the U.S. has succeded in reducing inflation after the initial inflation surge better than most other G7 countries.

https://www.ft.com/content/088d3368-bb8b-4ff3-9df7-a7680d4d81b2

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Biden had his chance when he was VP to Obama, but when Obama was himself running , to get the support of the Clinton political machine, had made a deal to after his turn support a Hillary run, 

He was a team player and we got Hillary and consequently trump.

When Biden run against trump , I supported his campaign and was ecstatic when he won over trump. 

He was IMO the perfect man for the job at that time. 

A transitional bridge  from the lunacy of the trump presidency  back to normalcy.

I cant believe the American people , knowing what the know now, would as a whole want to go back to trump, but at the same time are ready to move on from Biden.

If the democrats could not find anyone other than Biden , I am afraid a more centrist republican ticket might  become a thing.

A Romney/Manchin presidential ticket? There’s a new group that says the ‘political heavyweights’ can win the White House

" Should Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney run for president again as an independent with West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin on the ticket?

Yes, say backers of a new Boston-based “Draft Romney Manchin Committee” that filed with the Federal Election Commission Wednesday, who believe the pair can beat the frontrunners, Democratic President Joe Biden and former GOP President Donald Trump."

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/11/10/23955557/romney-manchin-presidential-ticket-2024-draft-committee-biden-trump

An independent run by Romney . if not win, could split the Republican ticket to give us another Bden term, which IMO if not optimal , is also not terrible.

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

For 2023 - 2022 - 2021

Could contain:

Two tables from your source (the first in 1980 and the last in 2023, confirming that U.S. inflation is correlated to world inflation, and in particular to other advanced economies.

Excellent source, by the way, thanks for finding it.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2023 at 5:46 PM, FritsSikkink said:

They need to find a younger person who doesn't have tendencies to touch young kids, then Trump (if he isn't in jail yet) doesn't have a chance at all. 

Just about any non corrupt politician that can speak properly, doesn't call out to dead people and can walk properly would probably win against Trump.

However as it looks like it's going to be Stumblin' Joe, about now next year the snow flakes will be crying again.

:giggle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

An independent run by Romney . if not win, could split the Republican ticket to give us another Bden term, which IMO if not optimal , is also not terrible.

If that were true I might not get so stressed about a Biden win ( IMO they are all as bad as each other ), except one has to accept that a Biden Harris win is more than likely to result in a Harris POTUS, and that scares me. That she might be in charge of the western world should scare all of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that were true I might not get so stressed about a Biden win ( IMO they are all as bad as each other ), except one has to accept that a Biden Harris win is more than likely to result in a Harris POTUS, and that scares me. That she might be in charge of the western world should scare all of us.

Edited by KhunLA

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

If they are all the same, I don't see why a Harris POTUS would disturb you more than anyone else

other that trump of course who is as bad as anyone else but bu a factor of 10 

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, jerrymahoney said:

Whether Trump will get away with all this criminal stuff or not, things like this scare the <self-deleted> out of me:

Trump leads Biden, RFK Jr.: poll
BY CAROLINE VAKIL - 10/20/23 7:30 PM ET

Former President Trump is leading President Biden and Democrat-turned-independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in a three-way race, a new poll found.

The Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll survey, shared with The Hill, showed Trump receiving 39 percent support, Biden receiving 33 percent support and Kennedy receiving 19 percent support in a three-way race. A separate 9 percent of voters said they did not know or were unsure.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4268075-trump-leads-biden-rfk-jr-survey/

If I know why Trump beat her, people in the democrat party must also, but what have they done in the past 3 years to do something about those reasons? IMO sod all, zip, nothing at all, and then they put up a man visibly deteriorating to go against Trump.

Either they are unable to do anything about the corruption in Washington, or they thought the court cases would eliminate him. They should be panicking about now.

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If they are all the same, I don't see why a Harris POTUS would disturb you more than anyone else

other that trump of course who is as bad as anyone else but bu a factor of 10 

Apologies, I meant to include something about Harris being worse than the rest by a factor of about 10.

NZ just escaped from a similar woman PM so I know to be scared, very scared by someone like that being in charge of the free world.

I don't mind Trump as POTUS because he's entertaining and he DOESN'T START WARS, his wife is prettier than Joe's and he DOESN'T START WARS, he tried to build the wall, even if he wasn't able to finish it and he DOESN'T START WARS. The boys of the western world thank him for not having to go home in a bag.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't mind Trump as POTUS because he's entertaining

If entertaiment is what you look for from a President , then I would have to agree with you.

He is certainly a clown. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:44 AM, KhunLA said:

Wonder why ... 

source

Could contain:

source

Wage increases to compensate for inflation are always negotiated after inflation has occurred.  There's always a lag.

• Sad 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:09 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Apologies, I meant to include something about Harris being worse than the rest by a factor of about 10.

NZ just escaped from a similar woman PM so I know to be scared, very scared by someone like that being in charge of the free world.

I don't mind Trump as POTUS because he's entertaining and he DOESN'T START WARS, his wife is prettier than Joe's and he DOESN'T START WARS, he tried to build the wall, even if he wasn't able to finish it and he DOESN'T START WARS. The boys of the western world thank him for not having to go home in a bag.

WHAT WAR DID THE BIDEN administration start pray tell?now I know you are up set that our president by helping Ukraine defend its self and humiliate putin has you miffed the USA dident invade Ukraine the USA dident invade Israel and slaughter people the USA DID provide along with other nations the means for Ukraine to defend itself and the USA is standing by to defend our ALLIE Israel’s flanks and don’t be so jealous of vp Harris she was the AG for California that state btw economy towers over that of NZ she was also a senator of that state but like it or not she’s no lightweight.personally I like serious people in charge not entertaining I could care less what his old lady looks like

• Like 2