ASEANNOW is Joining The Thaiger

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As would a ban on the chronic misinterpretation of the vocabulary of the English language and fatuous posts.

I'm English my Mother Tongue what does " Fatuouse " mean?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kaptainrob said:

Tim Newton was not the founder of Thaiger.  

who was then? or is that rude and none of our business. At 1.25 in the posted interview he says he WAS the founder of the Thaiger

Edited by proton
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I thought the best was " The Serene Bay of Pattaya"  Now Serene keeps popping up in many other places that are the complete opposite to Serene.  And then we have very bad Translations. 

Is it the reporting or is it AI???  I quite often see words used that, although technically correct, we never actually use them in the particular context.  Either the reporter's sawllowed a dictionary or its AI.

3 minutes ago, proton said:

So Tim was not telling the truth in the interview, or this is not true.

It is possible that screen grab from Thaiger is not true but I cannot find anything to back the claim he was the founder.

Even his linkdin profile he has himself listed as "English Content, The Thaiger".

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

part of The Thaiger family.

For reference. The Thaiger was formerly the Phuket Gazette. (Wikipedia)

The Thaiger Newspaper

Description

The Phuket Gazette was a weekly English-language compact newspaper published in Phuket, Thailand by The Phuket Gazette Co. Ltd., at Gazette Square in Koh Kaew. The paper was established in 1993 by John Magee, and Rungtip Hongjakpet. Wikipedia

The Thaiger's full team (As at 19/04/2024) Google search:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, impulse said:

My suggestions to the new mgt:

1) Bring back non-anonymous emojis so we know who put up all those scrunchy faces.

2) In the poster reputation rankings, use AI to rate the positivity of the poster's contribution.  And how many of each type emoji they used. Expose the downers, the trolls and the meanies.  And the positive contributors.

3) Fix the ridiculous amount of full page ads on mobile platform.

Brilliantly composed, Mate!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

It is possible that screen grab from Thaiger is not true but I cannot find anything to back the claim he was the founder.

Even his linkdin profile he has himself listed as "English Content, The Thaiger".

I will ask him

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wombat said:

I always thought tiger was spoof platform going to great lengths to print headers that have sfa to do with the article...I hope someone is laughing all the way to the bank

Actually, I believe that you are correct.

Before that guy Tim left, the news was presented in an intentionally jocular and facetious way.

IMHO, this is still true.

21 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The Thaiger uses ChatGPT all the time. Not what I would call journalism. Type in some key words into ChatGPT, let AI generate the story, then claim you wrote it. This needs to stop. If ChatGPT is generating the articles then is should be shown as such. Run any The Thaiger article through GPTZero and see the results for yourself.

I wouldn't know how and I don't want to know how. There will be no AI programmes installed on my laptop - ever. 

6 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I wouldn't know how and I don't want to know how. There will be no AI programmes installed on my laptop - ever. 

Do not need to install it !

image.png.6b6bd675cf1b977b412600e2665f4453.png

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, riclag said:

Brilliantly composed, Mate!

I probably could have communicated it better, but dozens of posts here seem to indicate that trolls (and, I suspect, drunk posters) are a major problem, making it difficult to moderate without crushing discussion and hurt feelings.  

There are a lot of big forums that seem a lot friendlier and more inviting.  I'm sure there are well developed algorithms (AI based) to incent more useful participation and fewer toxic posts and flame wars.  

Seems like a reputation score to rate positivity/negativity would be a good start.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Judging by the huge numbers of posts by some posters, I would say you are wrong about the forum not being an integral part of anyone's life.   

I dare say that there are some who post here, who, not long ago, had more posts in one month, than I had in the entire 14 years and 4 months that I have been a member!  

yessir .  when confinements and strong mandates put many humans on a downward spiral ,  it was for others the

dream they had always ( well,  since early fantasies of fame and power

)  hoped for.   Locked in prisoners with nothing to do but cruise the forums looking for a creative outlet for their meaningless existence .  ooooops ,  a bit harsh there Rumie .

And so . the explosion of online shopping and home delivery gave a certain group of closet warriors the greatest gift of all .   Freedom !   That's right ,  the freedom to not have to compete in the real games of life ,  where honor and respect are gained by deeds performed with one's unique set of abilities and dangjai ( nah, don't learn thai .  pfffttt ) .

"rumak,  what you goin on about ?   mate .  "   ........ 

"sorry,  what was the topic again ?  .... these CM  pm2's  are doin a number on me "

• Haha 1

Well i hope we will still get regular contributions from Thailands favorite vlogger Dan Cheeseman.

It would not be half as good without Dan.

58 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Do not need to install it !

image.png.6b6bd675cf1b977b412600e2665f4453.png

I won't even be using it....ever.

Besides, I doubt that 'detector' is 100% foolproof.

I once met a guy that said he could digitally analyse a photo and tell if it had been photoshopped.  So I gave him two photos to check -  both were jpeg's of documents and they were both 'shopped'. He told me one was 'shopped' the other was genuine.

There may well be ways for people far cleverer than me to take a digital photo apart and know how its constructed, I wouldn't have a clue.  However, the photo that he thought was genuine was a photo of 'shopped' photo.  Whatever he was using didn't pick that up.

AI just doesn't interest me in the slightest.  I can see its worth in advancing medicine but very little else. As far as I can see, if its what its cracked up to be, its gonna cost a lot of jobs.

Edited by MangoKorat

4 minutes ago, Goat said:

Well i hope we will still get regular contributions from Thailands favorite vlogger Dan Cheeseman.

It would not be half as good without Dan.

For you, definitely.....😘

Looking at the remaining staff listed on TT site in the forum section none actually live here, they are in Japan, USA or Singapore. Goes someway to explaining their ignorance of things Thai. None are women and no Thais, just people sitting abroad who come here on holiday.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, proton said:

Looking at the remaining staff listed on TT site in the forum section none actually live here, they are in Japan, USA or Singapore. Goes someway to explaining their ignorance of things Thai. None are women and no Thais, just people sitting abroad who come here on holiday.

Oh, do shut up, why are you always trying to put people down with your guesswork..

You have a serious problem, today you have been buried with your lies about me, so give yourself a break, have a holiday, do something useful..........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, do shut up, why are you always trying to put people down with your guesswork..

You have a serious problem, today you have been buried with your lies about me, so give yourself a break, have a holiday, do something useful..........:coffee1:

Dont encourage trolls with a response old m8, ok na.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm one of the many who didn't know there was a Thaiger forum until this merger produced all the comments about it

Hold the presses, another clueless boomer doesn't know chit from shinola... 😂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

How very wrong you appear to be!!

The Thaiger website I found using Google lists 44 team members including Thais, foreigners and 17 WOMEN

Their office        

Thaiger Office
Asoke Towers, Sukhumvit Soi 21 Bangkok

Reference:

https://thethaiger.com/our-team

scroll down to the bottom where you will find "meet the team"," contact us" etc.

• Thanks 1