Soi 6 beatdown

bbko

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I saw a video clip appearing to be from inside the bar and some possible argument over a bill, but not any violence on the cashier. 

yeah, there is a video on Reddit in   r/ThailandTourism

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, roo860 said:

Seems like you're totally wrong about breaking the girls nose. Take the advice you give to everyone else, to get the facts straight before posting. 🙂

Very few facts??? Maybe you know something I don't which is prob the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Flummoxed said:

I've not posted on this forum for a long time, and I don't know who you are, but you don't know a damn thing about Thailand if you think the bouncer will walk after that appalling head shot. He'll go down for murder. Whatever happened in the bar doesn't matter, the Brit was on the ground and not a threat, but the bouncer chose to take a running kick to the head, for all to see, on video. . .

Murder. If the Brit died, the bouncer is phuked.

Or he'll get fined Bt500 and warned to be nicer when kicking people in the head.

"World Class Family Destination" and all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moncul said:

Or he'll get fined Bt500 and warned to be nicer when kicking people in the head.

"World Class Family Destination" and all.

I really am missing what other posters are seeing in this vid.  Seems like a routine brawl and the head kick was too much but come on.  It is a brawl and the chubby Thai dude was too amped to think rationally. He shouldn't be a bouncer but that could be said in any country about some bouncers that aren't equipped mentally to handle the extreme stress of violence.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Moncul said:

Unsurprisingly, there is video showing it didn't happen. 

The CCTV video starts with an argument already taking place so it's not video showing it didn't happen, it's video that doesn't show it happening, if it did happen. There's a difference. The same CCTV also shows one of them shoving/throwing an older looking man who tried to intervene out of the bar with their full force which could have easily killed him if he didn't stay on his feet by what looks like sheer luck. I'm not defending the security at all, especially the one who most likely killed or permanently disabled the guy with the kick to the head, I hope he gets what he deserves for that but these 3 Brits were dangerous and looking for trouble. If you think there's a problem with your bin, that's not the way to handle things at all. 2000 baht is not worth your life or eating from a straw for the rest of your life.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

You should watch the video. You wouldn't have made this stupid comment if you had.

You seem like the type that loses it over small altercations.  Chill dude - I simply disagree. 

There were at least 4 bouncers and two Farangs.  Should have they separated and chose two bouncers to confront the Farangs? Have you ever been in the middle of a violent brawl?  This was not that bad. When you have  extra limbs to throw they are much more likely to connect with the faces of the disadvantage party.   From what I see it ended OK and the Farangs are probably out drinking already. Maybe they moved on to another bar the same night.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, atpeace said:

From what I see it ended OK and the Farangs are probably out drinking already. Maybe they moved on to another bar the same night.

Disgusting and uninformed comment; it is being reported that the guy that received the running kick in the head has died

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/ThailandTourism/comments/1d15o0q/pom_who_got_kicked_in_the_head_died_in_the/&ved=2ahUKEwipt5ry3qyGAxXaU0EAHdjoDywQFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2d704q_o4PlRM2p4UN8HKa

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I don't know the facts, but I do know the reality.

First, odd that some posters here who always proclaim "innocent until proven guilty" (about a politician in a Western nation) have already justified what the guards did over 'allegations', not video, that a Thai woman's nose was broken. There should be a video from CCTV, at which time the allegation would be corroborated or not. Stories are often embellished; video is a capture of reality, albeit without a full backstory.

The 'reality' is that these videos will go viral, not only in the UK, but likely anywhere where media loves sensationalism. The video will show:

---non-Thais being beaten senseless by Thai security guards, plus a seemingly unconscious guy being violently kicked in the head

---dozens of scantily clad Thai women looking on

---a backdrop of an establishment named The Pussy Club

Few are going to assume The Pussy Club is a venue where people bring their pet cats to enjoy a meal together. Also, in a city where law enforcement is famous for having declared 'prostitution does not exist in Pattaya', the scantily clad women sure do a good impression of actual prostitutes.

A city that has been trying to rebrand itself as a "Family Destination" is going to be seen around the world as a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, with extreme violence to boot.

I don't think one would be out of line to assume this is being discussed at the PM-level in Bangkok right now, with a plan for damage control being drawn up, and perhaps even plans for a very public crackdown on the entire Pattaya 'entertainment' scene. Maybe any crackdown would be temporary, but with the loss of face the videos will cause, authorities will need to do something.

I do expect a kind of Inspector Renault 'shock' by authorities that such activities take place in Pattaya and maybe a mayor removed for allowing what 'nobody could possibly have imagined' existed in the seaside family resort.

the best the authorities should do is keep a low profile, throw the book at the perps and regulate guards which are a constant source of trouble. Some kind of making a security licence necessary for bouncers / guards with real consequences for the companies if something goes out of control.

Edited by tgw
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I do expect a kind of Inspector Renault 'shock' by authorities that such activities take place in Pattaya and maybe a mayor removed for allowing what 'nobody could possibly have imagined' existed in the seaside family resort.

I doubt the Mayor will be reprimanded, he is part of the mafia family that controls Chonburi.

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

the best the authorities should do is keep a low profile, throw the book at the perps and regulate guards which are a constant source of trouble. Some kind of making a security licence necessary for bouncers / guards with real consequences for the companies if something goes out of control.

Evidently, regulation is not something the Thais tend to do well.

9 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I don't know the facts, but I do know the reality.

First, odd that some posters here who always proclaim "innocent until proven guilty" (about a politician in a Western nation) have already justified what the guards did over 'allegations', not video, that a Thai woman's nose was broken. There should be a video from CCTV, at which time the allegation would be corroborated or not. Stories are often embellished; video is a capture of reality, albeit without a full backstory.

The 'reality' is that these videos will go viral, not only in the UK, but likely anywhere where media loves sensationalism. The video will show:

---non-Thais being beaten senseless by Thai security guards, plus a seemingly unconscious guy being violently kicked in the head

---dozens of scantily clad Thai women looking on

---a backdrop of an establishment named The Pussy Club

Few are going to assume The Pussy Club is a venue where people bring their pet cats to enjoy a meal together. Also, in a city where law enforcement is famous for having declared 'prostitution does not exist in Pattaya', the scantily clad women sure do a good impression of actual prostitutes.

A city that has been trying to rebrand itself as a "Family Destination" is going to be seen around the world as a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, with extreme violence to boot.

I don't think one would be out of line to assume this is being discussed at the PM-level in Bangkok right now, with a plan for damage control being drawn up, and perhaps even plans for a very public crackdown on the entire Pattaya 'entertainment' scene. Maybe any crackdown would be temporary, but with the loss of face the videos will cause, authorities will need to do something.

But the unconscious man was moving.  Think you might be adding a exorbitant level of drama to reality.  If an unconscious man was kicked in the face, the person doing the kicking should face some terrible consequences.  I just see a violent altercation and not too much else.  Really can't make any sound deductions. 

Does anyone have a link to the video where I can see this unconscious man being kicked in the face? I seem to be in the minority here and am might have missed something in the vid that has been removed.

• Confused 2