I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

14 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

The wider Pattaya area has thousands of rental places, from small condos to huge opulent villas. I lived in Pattaya for 9 years and wouldn't have dreamed of being stuck in a condo (although there are some fabulous ones available) or anywhere else near the city centre.

There is also a lot to do in and around Pattaya that doesn't include alcohol or any / many expats (certainly not the vest wearing ones). If you found yourself bored there and it wasn't due to missing friends back home... you didn't really try very hard.

Times change 

I can't retire here ,I'm sorry , 

I need to keep working,to keep a routine or I need something to do ,like a business to run.

I can't sit by that bloody pool all day I have had enough !!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You want me to end up the same as these people?

No routine,you want that ,I know you do

I can't come back to Pattaya km sorry ,retiring here is definitely no 

To whom are you taking to ?

No one is asking you to go back to Pattaya 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I sat by the pool (our own) for maybe 10 days maximum in 9 years. Like I said, there is a lot more to do. Cramming yourself in a poxy condo is very unlikely to put you in the mood to actually find it though.

• Love It 1

It seems incredulous that you would choose Pattaya out of all the places in Thailand as a place to spend 7 weeks; it would seem completely incompatible with you, unless there are reasons for going there that you are not disclosing.

Interesting that you entertainingly describe all the things you would not want to do in a retirement environment, but you don’t mention any of the things that you like to do; maybe if you said what you like doing, and how you like to spend your time, you might get some good suggestions from posters as to other places that might be more suitable for you.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I do like Manila riding the subway could see myself living there so I could walk up & down the subway 

yeah, walking up and down a subway beats trolling on AN

the cops didnt stop you out of suspicion that you were a serial killer seeing you walk up and down the subway?

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I fell in love in Pattaya. Bored and sitting in yet another crappy bar one afternoon in 1994 a woman came along on a bike selling Thai music tapes. Not knowing anything about it I bought 3, one was terrible, some string rubbish, but the other 2 were of Sunaree Rachesima and Ew Pimpeyom, great singers. I just got the ones with the prettiest girls on the cover. Met both of those singers years later and a host of others. The only times I went back to Pattaya was once in 98 for a week, left after a day, and three times to see singers, then straight back to Bangkok.

Edited by proton
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sex isn't for everyone!

True, the older I get I wonder what I ever saw in it, and why I spent so much time and money chasing such fleeting, and often less than amazing experiences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im going for walks, I'm going for massage, I'm sitting by the pool ,I'm going to the gym ....

I don't like to drink or bars 

Could I live like this if I retired ?

No thanks 

You know how depressed I would be  sitting in a dark 21sqm room in the view talay?

You make living in Isaan sounds like luxury 😁

Never a boring day! Up with the sun and the exiting day begins

Times change 

I can't retire here ,I'm sorry , 

I need to keep working,to keep a routine or I need something to do ,like a business to run.

Seems there's too much going on in your head to relax, same anywhere

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I think that's New Zealand sweetie we don't have sheep in Sydney ,get off the grog ,your a unfit old fart (your words not mine) who refuses to go to the gym or achieving goals !!!!

You have done nothing but sit by that bloody pool and turn ho back to your small 21sqm room and watch A touch of Frost !

Get a life !

You went to Pattaya for 6 weeks to be with these types of people. So you choose a terrible holiday and only have yourself to blame. Have you never heard of Khao Sok or Ko Maak or another place other than Pattaya?