Suvarnabhumi Airport still stamps 30 days instead of 60 days

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

The Thai government will get around to changing from 30 days to 60 days when they get around to it despite what has been announced.  

What has been announced? I haven't (yet) seen anything from the government mentioning June 1st as the starting date. If you have seen an official announcement mentioning June 1st, please give us a link.

Edited by farang51

10 hours ago, lor said:

The British Foreign office have updated their Thailand page saying visa free if now 60 days from 1st June.

So even the British government have no idea what Thailand is really doing.

No wonder Thailand never know what they are doing. Everybody thinks he/she is best and allknowing and the right hand has no idea what left does/wants. That's why it is mess and nobody knoes the laws/rules

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, george said:

Even wikipedia has the 60 day change

436598493_2900515836763570_356364455544473663_n.png

They probably all just copied the same news article, which apparently got it wrong.

Edited by shdmn

19 hours ago, chuang said:

So to change the date  on the stamping device from 30 days to 60 days can take some time to enforce..LOL 55555 

I always thought that changes like these need royal assent.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, george said:

Our Thai staff just spoke to the press center at the Government Center.

They informed ASEAN NOW that "changes can take some time to enforce" and asked us to be patient. "Coming soon".

Whereas changes which are arguably to our detriment (e.g. the Savanakhet procedural changes referred to in the thread at https://aseannow.com/topic/1328422-thai-consulate-savannakhet-policy-change/), on the other hand, can be - and, indeed, are - enforced with zeal and gusto from the word Go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

The face of Thailand is going to change with these visa changes. 

Go look on Indian forum immigration pages. You have people already preparing to move here for a long time, and looking to come here to work. 

The sheer vast numbers is going to be ridiculous. 

Especially during the peak season when most tourists venture here - can you imagine the numbers now? 

Enviromentally a disaster for some of Thailand's most natural beauties. 

Quality tourism over Quantity was the reset mantra during covid they wanted. Thrown out the window. 

I welcome an influx of immigrants. Thailand's birth rate is low and without allowing more immigrants, the population could go backwards. Thailand is doing what many Western countries are doing and opening the door to allow more people in.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So what is the recent regulation? 30 or 60 days for visa exempt?

I'm returning from Malaysia tomorrow and need to book the obligatory onwards flight at a specific date. 

Just wondering if it can be now within a 30 or 60 days timeframe?

In another thread with information from Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs from 29 May it says clearly the new rules are effective 1 June

Edited by CLW

You should boot out all those governmental clowns inventing all this complicated mess; the immigration officers - more than once - told me that they hardly can keep up with all those continuous changes. 
Either enforce a mandatory visa for countries of Thailand's preference and the rest should go visa-exempted for 60 - 90 days. 

I am glad, that the business from Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru justifies a visa exemption for 90 days. The South Koreans are the only other country with the same deal and all the others ........ are being confused; travellers as well as executing officers alike. Well done! 

1 hour ago, CLW said:

In another thread with information from Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs from 29 May it says clearly the new rules are effective 1 June

As far as I understand, the date is not from the ministry. The change will happen at a later date, yet to be announced.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

No wonder Thailand never know what they are doing. Everybody thinks he/she is best and allknowing and the right hand has no idea what left does/wants. That's why it is mess and nobody knoes the laws/rules

Have you noticed that when you talk to anybody they always need to consult someone else? It's not individual at all. It's a lack of individual initiative, so they always have a multiple non-agreeing scenario.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CLW said:

Correct, the first info we got from MFA was clearly June 1, 2024. After that they changed their minds. The Thai legislation steps can be confusing as so many departments are involved. I think they found out that it needed change in legislation. Expect a new Police order shortly, hopefully next week.

ASEAN NOW have a great direct contact with a MFA, but when when it comes to execution and launching they normally stop taking calls... TIT.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2024 at 2:44 AM, george said:

The announcement of 60 days visa exempt isn't been enforced at Suvarnabhumi Airport just yet. Here is a Suvarnabhumi Airport entry stamp from today. 30 days, not 60 days! The announcement from Ministry of Foreign affairs (MFA) says June 1, 2024. TIT.

436710775_1677939049620373_6859476973992744030_n.jpg

Only valid once the the new rule has been announced in the Royal Gazette. Hasn't happened yet.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 8:58 AM, george said:

UPDATE:

They informed ASEAN NOW that "changes can take some time to enforce" and asked us to be patient. "Coming soon".

Nobody at MFA or Thai Immigration Bureau did respond or wanted to comment on this issue.

Our office was able to get a response from immigration and MOFA. They said that the press jumped the gun and took the announcement out of context. The official Infograph shared is very clear about the measures not taking effect until the proper legal procedures are complete. After speaking to the Ministry of Councillor Affairs and Immigration, we spoke to Immigration at both airports and also confirmed they are still stamping people in for 30 days and have not implemented the new guidelines yet. The calls were made yesterday and today.The same cluster F**K as 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year is now happening here. The left arm not knowing what the right arm is doing. On that issue, we have also received conflicting info from different Thai government sources. My office has in writing from MOFA and 5 Thai embassies confirming that it was not a typo and that only 2 visa exempt entries per year are allowed by air and another email in writing from immigration still saying its unlimited entires by air at the discretion of immigration officers. So, how can there be all these emotional debates and deleting of posts causing the post authors to get angry when we know the source is not organized enough to implement their own rules accurately? I am hoping we can freely share info here without being ridiculed by others. My firm has a lot of connections with the Thai government, so if I share something, it's not being made up. However, if the source has issues, such as in these two cases, I have no control over it. 

IMG_9487.jpg

Edited by wmlc
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

You know that for a fact do you?

My visa agent said so too. He had been in contact with his immigration officer contact, confirming it. 

But, I would wait for the fine prints, and official confirmation.

We have yet to see this kind of visa being non-extendable though. All points in that direction.

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:02 PM, treetops said:

Not immediate going by the wording on this.

60dayentry.jpg.364413e33f391a5fa7aa98757b59b7cf.jpg

That the same wording they always use. Nothing new there. 

It does not mean you can't extend this visa exemption with another 30 days.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

You know that for a fact do you?

It always has been in the past when longer visa exempt entries are brought in for a temporary period. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wmlc said:

Our office was able to get a response from immigration and MOFA. They said that the press jumped the gun and took the announcement out of context. The official Infograph shared is very clear about the measures not taking effect until the proper legal procedures are complete.

Not doubting what you say at all but I am doubting the sincerity of what your office was told - blaming it on the press.

I don't think the UK government gets its information by reading what various news sources say yet as others have pointed out - the UK is saying the from 1 June, its 60 days.

Visa requirements

From 1 June 2024, British passport holders arriving by air or land can enter Thailand without a visa (visa exemption) for the purpose of tourism and short-term business engagements for a period not exceeding 60 days.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/entry-requirements

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 6:52 PM, george said:

Even wikipedia has the 60 day change

436598493_2900515836763570_356364455544473663_n.png

Thought I read  Russians got 90 days previously, if I remember correctly.  Maybe they reduced it after recent events in Phuket.

Edited by sabaiguy

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

The face of Thailand is going to change with these visa changes. 

Go look on Indian forum immigration pages. You have people already preparing to move here for a long time, and looking to come here to work. 

The sheer vast numbers is going to be ridiculous. 

Especially during the peak season when most tourists venture here - can you imagine the numbers now? 

Enviromentally a disaster for some of Thailand's most natural beauties. 

Quality tourism over Quantity was the reset mantra during covid they wanted. Thrown out the window. 

Isn't that what they want?. Quantity.   Hard to quantify quality,  easy for quantity . Is that understandable?  Bottom line TAT loves those statistics..

Edited by sabaiguy

On 6/1/2024 at 2:58 AM, george said:

UPDATE:

Nobody at MFA or Thai Immigration Bureau did respond or wanted to comment on this issue.

brilliant.

• Haha 1