Russian Tourist Detained for Disruptive Behaviour in Phuket Hotel

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This incident marks yet another case where police intervention successfully mitigated potential harm. Both guests and hotel staff praised the rapid response,

Got to love the Thais.

Helped him more like you would help a drunk friend. 
I am liking Thailand more and more everyday.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I can’t see that the police did anything other than handcuff a guy who was already virtually passed out on his bed.

Then again I wasn’t there so maybe it did take a dozen cops to do that.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems to me that we are all guests in Thailand, if someone comes to your house and does the same you kick them out. Need to start fining and deporting people. There is a great difference between being drunk and disruptive. In my life getting drunk made me want to sleep, not trash anywhere

I have always been amused? at folks drinking = aggressive. Joked with the girls about my wine drinking ... 1st glass = relaxed. 2nd glass = Hmm, amorous. 3rd glass = they are safe again as I will fall asleep. Obviously a light weight!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If I was the senior officer at the scene I would request that any personal property be moved from under the balcony then let nature take it's course. 

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I can’t see that the police did anything other than handcuff a guy who was already virtually passed out on his bed.

Then again I wasn’t there so maybe it did take a dozen cops to do that.

In fairness, it would be stupid to send one would it not. 

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

rowdy russians at it again!

trouble seems to follow these lot wherever they go.

bob.

Ukraine comes to mind

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

My downfall was the beer-goggles, I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman, I have woken up with a few mind :whistling:

Yes, some mornings I have women up ashamed of myself

58 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Strange looking 'Spare key' init........ :giggle:

that's the one they know will open most hotel doors ..  bit heavy to carry around init '  ....:biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

My downfall was the beer-goggles, I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman, I have woken up with a few mind :whistling:

5555555, reminds me of an instance in Germany many years ago. It was the October festival time when in the early morning the police received a report that a shivering naked man was hiding around a block of flats. The police found the man and got him into their car, he was still inebriated from the night before. He told the police that he had been completely drunk out of his mind and had accompanied a woman to her flat, after doing the deed he fell asleep with her but awoke 5 hours later, she was 30 years his senior and ugly, in panic and disgust he ran out of the flat as he was, leaving everything behind. The police offered to go to the flat and retrieve his clothes and wallet with him covered in a blanket but he refused and asked them to go alone, he couldn't bear the sight of looking at her again. It was in the local newspaper so it couldn't have done much for her ego.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

He should have jumped. With a good running start he could have made the pool!

I don't know where you're from, but in civilized countries disorderly conduct does not carry the death penalty. I suppose you're one of those perfect people who has never behaved badly while drunk, or not drunk. 

8 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I don't know where you're from, but in civilized countries disorderly conduct does not carry the death penalty. I suppose you're one of those perfect people who has never behaved badly while drunk, or not drunk. 

Doesn't matter where I'm from and where in the world do you get the dumb idea that I was advocating the death penalty? I was just making a joke that he could have jumped in the pool. I have never claimed to be perfect (don't know where you got that from either) and generally, I stay above board with a good buzz. Jeez mate, I was making a joke. Take a nap and go find something else to be offended about. Sheesh.