Recommend a computer I can order from Lazada.

giddyup

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I bought my present Lenovo All-in-one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's starting to give problems. It's started to get slow, also problems with the on-off switch, so time to upgrade. I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line. It's more convenient for me to order direct from Lazada than trawling around computer shops, so any recommendation appreciated. Happy to spend a max of 25,000 baht.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I bought my present Lenovo All-in-one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's starting to give problems. It's started to get slow, also problems with the on-off switch, so time to upgrade. I mostly use it for downloading movies, Google searches and emails, no gaming, so doesn't have to be top of the line. It's more convenient for me to order direct from Lazada than trawling around computer shops, so any recommendation appreciated. Happy to spend a max of 25,000 baht.

I know you are focused on the Lazada route,but I can ask what area you are based in - Ihad mine build by a very reliable Thai IT engineer.

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Sorry, that turned out to be a dud.

Edited by giddyup

3 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Personally, I would never buy a computer on Lazada for several reasons.

Here are two suggestions based on your budget. A all in one desktop, and a laptop.

http://i.nvade.it/isl

http://i.nvade.it/iqR

Thanks, not interested in laptops, but the Lenovo all in one is more like it.

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

The reason to buy local is that you can go to them for service... if you have a problem. 

I think Lenovo offer 3 years onsite service, so as long as it comes with the full warranty, as my present one did, should be no reason not to buy from Lazada.

A friend of mine recently purchased a Lenovo tablet for his kid on Lazada - it came with the programs in Chinese and he could not change it... The Lenovo dealer wanted nothing to do with it... he thinks it might not even be a legitimate Lenovo... but a copy... I don't know if there is a resolution... but how wants problems to save 300 baht.... and his was not cheap.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Personally, I would never buy a computer on Lazada for several reasons.

Here are two suggestions based on your budget. A all in one desktop, and a laptop.

http://i.nvade.it/isl

http://i.nvade.it/iqR

Interesting, but you know that the two leading IT sellers Advice and JIB have stores on Lazada. Strange world isn't?

• Thumbs Up 1

How do these specs look?

Brand

Lenovo

Model

ThinkCentre Neo 30a 24 (12CE00CGTA)

Processor

Intel Core i5-12450H (2.0GHz up to 4.4GHz, 12MB Intel Smart Cache)

Chipset

Intel SoC Platform

Graphics

Integrated Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics

Display Screen

23.8" 1920x1080 (FHD), IPS, 60Hz, 250nits, Anti-glare, 72% NTSC

Main Memory

16GB (1x 16GB) SO-DIMM DDR4-3200

Memory Slot

2 x DDR4 SO-DIMM slots, dual-channel capable

Max Memory

Up to 16GB DDR4-3200

Storage

512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe® 3.0x4 NVMe®

Storage Slot

1 x M.2 SSD (up to 1TB)

Optical Disk Drive

None

Web Camera

• HD 720p 0° Pre-angle pull up camera, LED indicator • 2x, Array Microphone

Sound Technology

High Definition (HD) Audio, Realtek® ALC256 codec

Audio Jack

1x headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5mm)

Speaker

Stereo speakers, 3W x2, Audio by HARMAN

Network

10/100/1000 LAN

Wireless

Wi-Fi 6 (Intel AX201)

Bluetooth

Bluetooth 5.1

Ports

2x USB 2.0 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 1x HDMI®-out

CardReader

None

Power Adapter

90W 89% Adapter

Battery

None

OS

DOS

Material

N/A

Keyboard Type

ENG/TH Keys

Backlit

None

Touchpad

None

Finger Print

None

Special Feature

N/A

Dimension

(W x D x H) : 54.10 x 20.75 x 43.38 cm

Net Weight

6.70 KG

Package Dimension

(W x D x H) : 20.50 x 65.00 x 55.00 cm

Gross Weight

22.00 KG

Volume

73,287.50 cm3

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm in Pattaya, dark side.

Then forget Lazada and go to 'Tuk Com' or 'Power Buy' and see what you are getting first hand. And talk to the people there.  Its risky buying any technology on Lazarda, or other online outlets, where you don't know where the kit is coming from, or its authenticity.  

9 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Then forget Lazada and go to 'Tuk Com' or 'Power Buy' and see what you are getting first hand. And talk to the people there.  Its risky buying any technology on Lazarda, or other online outlets, where you don't know where the kit is coming from, or its authenticity.  

My present Lenovo came from Lazada 8 years ago and is 100% genuine. If you buy from reputable Lenovo sellers with the 3 year warranty you can't go wrong.

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Interesting, but you know that the two leading IT sellers Advice and JIB have stores on Lazada. Strange world isn't?

Yes, I know, but why would I want to buy from JIB on Lazada when I can buy directly from the JIB store and have it delivered within 24 hours anywhere in the country. Thus far they have been very prompt and responded very quickly on a warranty claim I had once with them.

11 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Thus far they have been very prompt and responded very quickly on a warranty claim I had once with them.

Wouldn't be any different if you had ordered through Lazada. Who is very convenient to access multiple vendors, comparing prices and process payments without leaving your banking data in too many places. Many people don't seem to understand that Lazada isn't a vendor (Lazmall is), it is a [international] shopping/payment hub. 

Edited by Ben Zioner

13 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Wouldn't be any different if you had ordered through Lazada. Who is very convenient to access multiple vendors, comparing prices and process payments without leaving your banking data in too many places. Many people don't seem to understand that Lazada isn't a vendor (Lazmall is), it is a [international] shopping/payment hub. 

But can you use your PC to search and read reviews? I can only use my phone or tablet but the reviews are in Thai and can't be translated within the app. I can get into Lazada and after one or two searches the search bar disappears when using my PC.  I sent many inquiries and never heard back.  My laptop has the same issues.  Frustrating and obviously they don't want people using a PC.  There website is terrible and constantly give me "high traffic -comeback later messages".  Frustrating and used them all the time pre 2020 but gave up 4 years ago.

OP, the specs you posted is for a very fast and decent computer.

But, you will have serious problems not being able to use it, because the operating system is still DOS, not Windows.

Also, it probably will not have Office or any other required software pre-installed.

You can request them.

8 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

OP, the specs you posted is for a very fast and decent computer.

But, you will have serious problems not being able to use it, because the operating system is still DOS, not Windows.

Also, it probably will not have Office or any other required software pre-installed.

You can request them.

Thanks, yes I did see that the OS was DOS which wouldn't suit at all. I don't know if the Lazada seller would install Windows 11 or not.

IMO - due to the very slack consumer laws in Thailand - you should buy a brand laptop from an approved certified supplier of the brand.  If you get a lemon and things go wrong, Somchai in the mall shop may help you, but he may not. Buy from a dealer/store and you have warranty. Never throw away the box it came in - assume it is going to break down and buy with that in mind.  Dell, Lenovo, HP, Acer seem to be around in Thailand.  Pick a model that fits your needs and that they can supply direct (and support). 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

you should buy a brand laptop from an approved certified supplier of the brand. 

Not sure why it has to be a laptop. It appears the OP isn't interested in a laptop anyway.

Buy from a dealer/store and you have warranty.

Quality parts have their own warranties. No warranty lasts forever. Laptop repairs are comparatively expensive, BTW, and may not be worth the cost. Same issue may exist w/ OP's AIO. I'm not a big believer in those.

But I'm not averse to the idea of buying a good brand such as Dell, and I preferred one in another thread here to a cheap build.

Never throw away the box it came in - assume it is going to break down and buy with that in mind. 

Reminds me of recurring boxes threads on reddit, such as Anyone else keep all their boxes? I'd need a storage room for the parts boxes I've unpacked over the years, however.

JIB uses nice, sturdy, handsome boxes, BTW. I've repurposed one to hold a bunch of cables.

Edited by BigStar