Police bust Bangkok karaoke bar for running prostitution ring

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The raid followed intelligence that the establishment, purportedly a traditional massage parlour, was secretly operating a prostitution ring.

Inside the premises, police found six women, three Thai and three Laotian, who were drinking with customers. The second and third floors had been modified into over ten small rooms, each furnished with mattresses on the floor, ostensibly for massage services but used for prostitution

Thailand doing what it does best.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If the women were there voluntarily, how were they being exploited?

That´s the best question so far.

22 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In Thailand it's not a crime to have drinks with prostitutes!

Right! I can actually not think of any country that applies such a law. 😉 

34 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s the best question so far.

Right! I can actually not think of any country that applies such a law. 😉 

You could try Norway .

Drinking with prostitutes in the setting we were discribed the law would say the men were soliciting for sexual services 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

You could try Norway .

Drinking with prostitutes in the setting we were discribed the law would say the men were soliciting for sexual services 

You could also try Sweden , Iceland , Ireland , France and also Israel even though it is not Europe.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, itsari said:

That is because you dont know much.

9 minutes ago, itsari said:

You could also try Sweden , Iceland , Ireland , France and also Israel even though it is not Europe.

The reply I quoted was that it was not illegal to drink with a prostitute. Never said in what place. Visiting certain places for certain services might be illegal. Drinking with a prostitute is not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, itsari said:

You could try Norway .

Yes, and then you show that you have no record of such activities as well as you deny the accusation that is built without any proof. After that you are free to go. In other words, not illegal to drink with prostitutes as long as nothing else can be proven.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, and then you show that you have no record of such activities as well as you deny the accusation that is built without any proof. After that you are free to go. In other words, not illegal to drink with prostitutes as long as nothing else can be proven.

As I said before , in many european countries that tale you gave would not leave you without being prosecuted for soliciting sexual services in the situation the men were found in a suspected brothel as described in the Bangkok bar .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, itsari said:

As I said before , in many european countries that tale you gave would not leave you without being prosecuted for soliciting sexual services in the situation the men were found in a suspected brothel as described in the Bangkok bar .

No, it would not go to prosecution, as it would be archived for lack of evidence.

• Agree 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

It's the mattresses, rubbers, lube and admitted in-house sexual activity that is the difference.  Drinking at a bar is legal.

It's not the drinking that's illegal, it's the bar girl prostitutes and bar fines that makes them a 'take away brothel', the food is consumed elsewhere, that's the small difference. Whatever, I see no harm in either 'institution' as long as it's a case of legal age consensual pussy prying.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Drinking in a karaoke bar is not illegal, what would the men be arrested for?

From the way I read the report is that the men were drinking with the prostitutes in the floor above  the bar. 

I was saying if that is the case in many European countries the men would be prosecuted for soliciting to buy sex but not here in Thailand it seems 

• Sad 1