10% of Thais Engage in Heavy Drinking, Report Finds

4 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

I mean what kind of father shows up to pickup his kid from school, while stumbling and drinking a 40oz beer on a Monday?!?!

They sell 1.2lt bottles of beer here ?

10 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I was talking with a couple of ladies in a local bar yesterday and the answer to how many beers they could easily drink in one evening was ten.      They have me by a factor or two.

10 beers is a comfortable afternoon sesh before heading out on the lash.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Nearer the truth...

In civilised countries you buy a drink by the glass, here you stand around a table and get a full bottle of whiskey.

But you are not forced to drink it in one night.

A long time ago when I used to drink, many guys had their own bottle left behind the bar, marked at the end of the night, and it was still at that level the next time they drank there. It all depends on the bar owner and the bar staff.

If you complained that your drink was less than it should be, or it was watered, the bar would either replace the bottle with the same amount. Alternatively you would move to another bar.

Edited by billd766
added punctuation marks

5 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

....I screamed at him and his wife,

always a good idea in a foreign country to yell at the locals, especially in Thailand 

they love it

5 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

they finally grabbed the bottle and put it in the car. I mean what kind of father shows up to pickup his kid from school, while stumbling and drinking a 40oz beer on a Monday?!?!

shift worker. Up to him. Mind your own business.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

I filmed a couple 2 days ago outside my daughters school, the wife and child walking towards her husbands car, the husband was standing by the car drinking a large beer and stumbling. He then guzzled the beer down and put the bottle up on wall of the school.......I screamed at him and his wife, they finally grabbed the bottle and put it in the car. I mean what kind of father shows up to pickup his kid from school, while stumbling and drinking a 40oz beer on a Monday?!?!

What happened on Tuesday?

😂😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, cowellandrew said:

What happened on Tuesday?

😂😂😂😂

Got another dashcam video of a woman cutting me off with a motorcycle, and almost dying for it. Even my wife was in shock at the woman's stupidity. Like I said before, I could make daily videos of continuous stupidity here.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Keep it up long enough and your kidneys or liver may dispute your claim.

Had half a kidney removed December last year... the 1.5 iam left with are working perfect according to the docs.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Probably a result of the lower alcohol taxes since March

No Thai whisky is very, very cheap. Most don't pay taxes and much of it is made on the black market.

4 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Believe me, I tell myself that every day while here, but I told my wife it's just a matter of time before a very dumb Thai pushes the wrong button. I prefer to stay far away from most Thai's and especially the questionable ones, so far, so good.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Go home

I'm not a particular fan of the "if you don't like it go home" genre, but sometimes I do wonder!

It must, apart from anything else, be quite difficult living in Thailand and keeping far away from most Thais!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

That's nothing new, I call that kicking down an open door, after all it has been around for years that people start drinking Lao Kao already in the morning, or like at a wedding, where I was yesterday at 10 o'clock drinking Hong Tong, and that's really not from today or yesterday but for many years.

10 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm not a particular fan of the "if you don't like it go home" genre, but sometimes I do wonder!

It must, apart from anything else, be quite difficult living in Thailand and keeping far away from most Thais!

It is nothing short of fascinating, the amount of posters here who think Thais are inferior yet are long-time Thailand residents.

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

It is nothing short of fascinating, the amount of posters here who think Thais are inferior yet are long-time Thailand residents.

Tourists, not residents !

19 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I agree 100%.

I live with 2 Thais. My wife and my son.

When I go shopping to the local village or market, I am usually the only farang around.

It is when I go to the city, 65km away, I may see another farang.

19 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

You don't need to keep away, you just need to refuse to engage.

I've always avoided the locals and neighbours wherever I lived.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:31 AM, lordgrinz said:

LOL.....I'm not actually someone anyone wants to piss off.

Even the big and tall can fall off their perch. A gun will make even the biggest of us fall, and thais have many of those.

Truth is, you should be careful of the wife more than the drunk. A judge will likely believe a thai woman over a big falang... and they are very good at looking poor and sheepish... This is their country and if you get deported no matter how much muscle or brawn you have... you will be in a holding cell before you end up home.

That said, i support calling out stupidity... just that us big guys usually arent favored in the eyes of the law... exactly because we are big...

Edited by Pouatchee