Foreigner Caught on Video Urinating on Busy Phuket Street - video

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Man-urinating-offence-scaled.jpg

A video circulating on social media has captured a foreign man urinating on a busy road in Phuket amidst a traffic jam, oblivious to the many onlookers. The incident, which happened on Patong Beach Road, was posted on a Facebook page called "1วันพันกว่าเรื่อง ภูเก็ต" (which translates to 'over 1,000 things happening in a day'), on July 18th.

The video reveals the man fastening his shorts but doesn't show the act itself. He tries to cover his face from the camera, rushing back to a white car parked nearby.

The person filming the incident can be heard expressing disgust in a local dialect, criticizing the man's actions.

The local broadcaster, Amarin TV, reported that the unusual event occurred on Patong Beach Road in Phuket's Katu district.

The footage has sparked significant attention and criticism from local residents and online viewers. Many expressed disappointment not just with the man's public indecent exposure but also towards the local authorities.

Many of the viewers' comments begged for the installation of more public restrooms and clearer signs in multiple languages to assist tourists. Some even urged the officials to instate harsher penalties for tourists who partake in such uncivil behaviour.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-18

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Why taking a video?

Was it a soo impressive size??😂

• Sad 2

Obviously, Thais have never ridden the subways and trains in Japan on a Friday night after 11 pm.  There are signs outside most train stations telling people not to urinate on the walls of the station... but by 11 pm no one listens. Stinks bad!

• Sad 1

Yes it is disgusting for many Thais and foreigners.  I have done worse for good and bad reasons.  If my family was in a car and  somewhat pulled out his slong and pissed Infront of them I wouldn't cherish the moment but would get over it. 

I was running in a busy park last year at sunrise and out of nowhere nuclear diarrhea and most runners here in Thailand can relate to these moments.  Happy that wasn't on video.  My Thai friend was concerned but at the same time was doing her best not to laugh.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The person filming the incident can be heard expressing disgust in a local dialect, criticizing the man's actions.

Themselves breaking the law in videoing indecent acts and posting on-line😀

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe they could install some free, clean, public toilets for tourists to use?

Years ago public toilets were installed in some busy locations in Bangkok. They were dismantled because taps, toilet seats, toilets, pipes etc were stolen, replaced, and stolen again.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Big difference between peeing on your car tyre on the side of a road, or tree, than openly peeing right in the middle of a busy street. Dogs do that!

All I saw on the video was a man walking back to a car, so I have no idea what he may have been doing or where.

• Thanks 1

Thailand has numerous petrol stations everywhere so it takes only a quick google check to find the nearest station to do your business. I never had a problem with toilet issue here. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, loong said:

All I saw on the video was a man walking back to a car, so I have no idea what he may have been doing or where.

I also had a couple of plastic bags for emergencies … no need to do as dogs did. Thailand is not India.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

It's only because it was a farang, Thai's do it all the time, Chinese might be the worse they take a a dump in the street

Chinese tourists are deemed boorish.. Thais expect better behavior from farang tourists from developed countries especially if the peeing guy can afford to rent a car in phuket ( I assumed he is a tourist) . 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Due to a medical condition (fortunately now in remission) I have the below 'emergency' card issued in Thai by the UK National Association for Crohn's and Colitiis. I have used it in the past in various Thai establishments and most have been very helpful (after giggling for a bit first). Luckily, it doesn't see the light of day too often now.

Most of the large UK retailers have signed up to the scheme and a flash of the card will get me use of toilet facilities including staff toilets. I was also issued with a key which unlocks disabled toilets at train stations etc. 

I get the general meaning of the Thai translation but would appreciate if anyone on here could provide me with the exact translation compared to the English version. I have the same card in a couple of other Nationalities aswell which have also been useful.

No laughing please.....555

NACC Thai.jpg

NACC UK.jpg

18 hours ago, bdenner said:

Wot's the big deal? We see it here in the rice paddies, all the time, including older ladies squatting inside their sarongs on the side of the road.

When ya gotta go .......

I can't tell you how many times I've been greeted by a old Thai woman with her naked breast hanging our of her open Thai shirt, chewing beetle but w red lime chalk 

Then I hear complaining about foreigner men not wearing a t shirt and laugh my ass off, so many granny t*tties in Thai country side 

I didnt see anything in the video. 

the last time I saw a Thai man pee on the side of the road he was working his way down to find an adequate spot and I kid you not he did the most giant pre urinary clutch of his goods I have ever seen

11 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Thailand has numerous petrol stations everywhere so it takes only a quick google check to find the nearest station to do your business. I never had a problem with toilet issue here. 

Have you ever been in Patong? Stuck in a traffic jam in beach road, you will never make it to any petrol station.

Maybe to a nearby bar -- but if this was a car for hire, running off on a mission might have much worse side effects.

In a traffic jam, even Google can't help you.

I also had a couple of plastic bags for emergencies … no need to do as dogs did. Thailand is not India.

You're well prepared for the challenges of life and know about geographics.

Chinese tourists are deemed boorish.. Thais expect better behavior from farang tourists from developed countries especially if the peeing guy can afford to rent a car in phuket ( I assumed he is a tourist) . 

So, Chinese people are unsophisticated, but they are "the well-appreciated" masters. 
Locals expect many things from foreigners, besides money. 
The capability to hire a car doesn't say much about a developed origin or state of mind.
The only thing, you can "assume" is, that he's not a local.
All in all, it's a blown-up, petty incident, even though not decent at all.
But this collective jexxing off about is pretty ridiculous.

On 7/18/2024 at 8:51 PM, MalcolmB said:

Did you actually read the Facebook comments?

Or sort of just imagined what you think they would have said?

Sort FB comments? Imagined who would have said I think what?
Again please, slowly.

On 7/18/2024 at 3:23 PM, JoePai said:

So Thai men never pee by the roadside ?

all day everyday   .   can't drive  5 mins along RT4 without a local peeing on the side of the road . 

and always at the rear of the vehicle right in view of on coming traffic

On 7/18/2024 at 3:45 PM, bdenner said:

Wot's the big deal? We see it here in the rice paddies, all the time, including older ladies squatting inside their sarongs on the side of the road.

When ya gotta go .......

Yes indeed. Being a diabetic with an enlarged prostate, there are times when I have to seek bushes, alleyways etc. to have a sudden pee before wetting myself!

The most amazing scene I witnessed was at Bagan Railway Station in Burma where a Buddhist monk was sqautting among the bushes and flower beds. I though he was just resting but no! He stood up, adjusted his robe and walked away leaving a trickle of urine flowing down the sloped garden. At least the plants were being "watered". (absolutely true)

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 3:23 PM, JoePai said:

So Thai men never pee by the roadside ?

I see this almost daily on my way to work in Laem Chabang. 

When you gotta go you gotta go. 

They must really hate foreigners in Phuket if this makes the news.

• Thumbs Up 1