cheap but reasonable Thai Buffets in Pattaya?

Bakwan

Hello Community

after 4 Years, I am visiting Pattaya again - but I have lost my Orientation

Can anybody suggest a cheap but reasonable Thai Buffet in Pattaya?

Thanks in Advance for your Suggestions

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Thai food is usually prepared on the spot, straight from the wok, piping hot. I shudder at the thought of cold krapow, pad Thai, tepid tom yam. Just find a decent Thai eatery and order. There are several on Thepprasit, almost adjacent to each other, opposite the new Kart track. Huge menus. Not rip offs. Many Thais eat there. Plus of course a million small places doing kwaytio (noodle soup), and all manner of rice dishes, etc etc.

• Sad 1

On 8/15/2024 at 5:31 PM, Bakwan said:

Hello Community

Don't think you will find a cheap one anymore. They all closed down for covid and some have not started up again. Others have disappeared with redevelopment.

The LK Empress breakfast on beach road is not too bad, last time I was there it was 250 baht.

I don't know of any doing the evening anymore, other than possibly the BBQ type.

On 8/15/2024 at 11:31 AM, Bakwan said:

Hello Community

What kind of buffet? Mu kratha? Ninja is still around and has some new branches.

• Like 1

Recommendations. Central It is in beach side food court in the middle on row running along back wall. Thai sign translates to Aunt Toi Rakhata "ป้าทอย ราชตะ" Old Grey haired lady. 

In Terminal 21 near the drinks station far back right corner they make a good Pad Thai, a couple places to right the stewed pork leg and noodles is delicious.

Enjoy

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, J Branche said:

Recommendations. Central It is in beach side food court in the middle on row running along back wall. Thai sign translates to Aunt Toi Rakhata "ป้าทอย ราชตะ" Old Grey haired lady. 

In Terminal 21 near the drinks station far back right corner they make a good Pad Thai, a couple places to right the stewed pork leg and noodles is delicious.

Enjoy

Cannot say the same with regard to their Pad Thai. But Pier 21, as you suggest, is a good place to start, as they have a good range of inexpensive meals, including the option of being able to choose from different toppings on rice, for a one plate meal.

If just for toppings on rice, my favourite is near the entrance of Ratanakorn Market, in line with the entrance of Mr DIY. One plate meals from 25 baht. Freshly prepared and tasty. Not sitting there all day, but smaller batches regularly replaced. 

23 minutes ago, J Branche said:

Enjoy

Those are buffets?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Cannot say the same with regard to their Pad Thai. But Pier 21, as you suggest, is a good place to start, as they have a good range of inexpensive meals, including the option of being able to choose from different toppings on rice, for a one plate meal.

If just for toppings on rice, my favourite is near the entrance of Ratanakorn Market, in line with the entrance of Mr DIY. One plate meals from 25 baht. Freshly prepared and tasty. Not sitting there all day, but smaller batches regularly replaced. 

...but not buffets.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...but not buffets.

Mu Khrata is a buffet, as I mentioned earlier. It's not clear as to what the OP regards as a buffet. Which is why I have included the option of choosing from many toppings on rice. When it's as little as 5 baht per topping, you can also consider that a buffet of sorts.

Do you ever post anything useful? Your modus operandi seems to be just to try to contradict other posters, but not to actually contribute anything yourself. Of neither use nor ornament. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Thai food is usually prepared on the spot, straight from the wok, piping hot. I shudder at the thought of cold krapow, pad Thai, tepid tom yam. Just find a decent Thai eatery and order. There are several on Thepprasit, almost adjacent to each other, opposite the new Kart track. Huge menus. Not rip offs. Many Thais eat there. Plus of course a million small places doing kwaytio (noodle soup), and all manner of rice dishes, etc etc.

yuk ... !  sounds dreadful ....   each to his own as they say. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

yuk ... !  sounds dreadful ....   each to his own as they say. 

Actually the place I mentioned on Thep Prasit is very popular. I took a chance to eat there after a shopping trip and now I'll happily take lunch there if I'm in the area. They don't need to go far to source their fresh ingredients.

11 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Do you ever post anything useful? Your modus operandi seems to be just to try to contradict other posters, but not to actually contribute anything yourself. Of neither use nor ornament.

Not that anyone has to answer to you, but...

"Do you ever post anything useful?"

On many occasions.

"Your modus operandi seems to be just to try to contradict other posters, but not to actually contribute anything yourself".

Every post is a contribution, regardless of your pompous and misplaced disapproval.

"Of neither use nor ornament".

Well that's just your lame opinion, not fact.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not that anyone has to answer to you, but...

"Do you ever post anything useful?"

On many occasions.

"Your modus operandi seems to be just to try to contradict other posters, but not to actually contribute anything yourself".

Every post is a contribution, regardless of your pompous and misplaced disapproval.

"Of neither use nor ornament".

Well that's just your lame opinion, not fact.

quod erat demonstrandum

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

QED...

"Every post is a contribution, regardless of your pompous and misplaced disapproval".  ■.

Not only have you contributed nothing of use to the topic, you have illustrated your very unpleasant character to all.

It's okay to criticise, but at least come up with a recommendation of your own. 

So far, you've just proved what I wrote in the first place. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I have never heard of a Thai buffet but the Thai places are so cheap, you can make your own.

This video covers Nai Por, Ninja (3rd Road branch) and Bangchaing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Mu Khrata is a Thai buffet...

Perhaps in your mind. Where are the salads, the roasts, the cheeses and breads, the desserts. All you can eat yes, but buffet no. 

Edited by marin

11 minutes ago, marin said:

Perhaps in your mind. Where are the salads, the roasts, the cheeses and breads, the desserts. All you can eat yes, but buffet no. 

Salads, roasts, cheeses and breads in a THAI buffet?? 

I think you ran ahead of yourself there. OP asked about a Thai buffet.

If you'd actually been to one you would know there were Thai salads, roasted meats, seafood with cheese and desserts.

Have you finished with making a fool of yourself or would you like to continue?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

If you'd actually been to one you would know there were Thai salads, roasted meats, seafood with cheese and desserts.

Have you finished with making a fool of yourself or would you like to continue?

No reason to continue, you have done it for me. Thanks...

Here is a Thai buffet, Kao Gang. How many dishes will you put on your rice?

kao gang.jpg

Edited by marin

20 minutes ago, marin said:

kao gang.jpg

Where are the salads, the roasts, the cheeses and breads, the desserts that you claimed were essential to calling it a buffet?

P.S. I knew that you would not be able to resist making a fool of yourself.

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

so you want to eat all-you-can but you want it cheap .....  :laugh:

isn't there a cheap charlies in Pattaya ?

Never heard of them doing an all  you can eat buffet.... it would be quite a risk  with their clientele. Best buffet many many years ago was Anton's in Naklua!

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, marin said:

kao gang.jpg

marin,   to be honest it all looks like slop to me ...   maybe the farm dog would even snuff at the look.

yuk !  :sick:

each to his own ..... 

• Sad 3