Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai to Abandon Digital Wallet Plan

57 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Let's be serious and not think like gullible Thais. Was this 10,000 baht hand out ever going to happen? I told my missus to believe it when you receive it.

Surely the Digital Wallet scheme was exactly why Srettha was kicked out. The elites (quite rightly) deemed it an economically dangerous idea, with little or no benefit to the Thai economy or those who were eligible to receive it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Wow, this just gets better and better.

Just blatantly thumbing their noses at the Thai populatiion.

On rare occasions, something's done in the best interests of the Thai population. Good on Taksin. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, pegman said:

Hopefully this is just another misreported story. If not this party is toast. 

They were already toast when they got into bed with the army. That gave them the pox.

Look what happened to the democrat party when they did the same.

This news just means no penicilin for theit illness.

The soon to be defunct People Party now hold the peoples hopes and aspirations.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Significantly good?......20,000 baht next time maybe?

Wife just voted in, I guess, a local election of some sort. Picked up 800 B on the way to the polling station?????

My Thai wife hates PT/Thaksin and everything they stand for. Unfortunately, being a civil servant, she also dislikes MF/PP as she is afraid they may cost her her job. She actually misses "Lung Tu" (Prayut), as I imagine many civil servants do.

800 baht would never be an incentive to go vote a certain way. Nor should it be.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Significantly good?......20,000 baht next time maybe?

Wife just voted in, I guess, a local election of some sort. Picked up 800 B on the way to the polling station?????

This is the way of life in Thailand, nobody cares blatant corruption, that is why Thailand will be a 3rd world country and democracy has no chance  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

This is the way of life in Thailand, nobody cares blatant corruption, that is why Thailand will be a 3rd world country and democracy has no chance  

Absolutely......my wife is uneducated but intelligent.....intelligent enough to see the country is basically shafted, corruption is rife and there is just no way out of it.....for now at least.

8 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

My Thai wife hates PT/Thaksin and everything they stand for. Unfortunately, being a civil servant, she also dislikes MF/PP as she is afraid they may cost her her job. She actually misses "Lung Tu" (Prayut), as I imagine many civil servants do.

800 baht would never be an incentive to go vote a certain way. Nor should it be.

I asked did you vote for the one who gave you the money.....no.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Wrong. A lot of people, especially young people, DO care. There will come a day of reckoning, sooner or later, when the pavement of life will be painted red by the blood of the martyrs of the revolution.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

He said he was going to give it everyone in CASH to spend on whatever, wherever they wanted.

Said he would get it back from all the UK ex-pats who have been getting Winter Fuel Allowance over the years!

Noooooo.....that pays for summer aircon.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Well that's put the kibosh on it - now his majesty Toxin has commanded it to be shut down

I am willing to be that thisis the cost of his little girl becoming PM.  Ther will also be cabinet appointments that are not going to go over well with the PTP faithful.

I thought Thaksin was barred from having anything to do with a political party. 

Interesting.

It will also be interesting to see how many PTPs defect and join the People's Party or become independent.

The people will not riot, but the PTP is now defeated. The People's Party just became the country's number one party by a landslide.  

Edited by kingstonkid

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

No end game !!!  He is a Typical Thai No foresight only live for the present and only think of themself 

Oh I think he knows what the end game will be, I'm sure he has it all planned out.

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Wrong. A lot of people, especially young people, DO care. There will come a day of reckoning, sooner or later, when the pavement of life will be painted red by the blood of the martyrs of the revolution.

Dream away !!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Oh I think he knows what the end game will be, I'm sure he has it all planned out.

wait and see what the criminal court says next week  you give him too much credit

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai Party patriarch Thaksin Shinawatra has reportedly instructed the ruling party to drop its digital wallet flagship policy

That's nice coming from a rich bastard... screw the poor again

• Agree 2

On Wednesday evening, during a meeting at his Chan Song Lar residence with key party members

This man is on parole... time he was put behind bars.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

When you total it up. For my wife, her 87 year old father, her sister, her sister's daughter, her two brothers and one brother's wife, plus a niece living with them who just turned 16, that's 80K they already felt they had in their pockets. They were all big PTP voters, except my wife. They are feeling robbed. In fact, my wife called me from work to tell me about it, and she is so angry I literally could not get a word in.

Thais are very gullible they have been indoctrinated from birth to believe in authority figures, Thais where NEVER going to get 10000baht election promise    

We must respect the incoming PM's choices on government policies."

And to hell with what the people want.

If this doesn't gt a reaction from the population nothing will and Thailand will forever be under the the foot of the Shin clan.

• Thumbs Up 1