Lopburi: 18 Year Old Man Fatally Attacked by Three American Bully Dogs

Fact: dogs are the most dangerous animals on the planet for humans. Dog attacks on humans outnumber all other animal attacks combined. Likewise human deaths from dog attacks, either directly from bites or post attacks from rabies or infections. Global travel insurance claims for dog bites/attacks outnumber all other animal bites/attacks combined. But don't take my word for it, Google the statistics, even first world countries like USA and Australia, the stats are staggering. Furthermore nobody really knows the accurate global figures for dog bites/attacks because the figures are gathered from reports by hospitals, clinics, police reports. In many countries, especially 3rd world, dog attacks are sorted out between the people directly involved and go unreported. This happens all the time in Thailand. Somchai's dog bites Prasert's kid, Somchai gives Praset 2000 Bt to buy some meds for the kid, so there's no report. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grain said:

Fact: dogs are the most dangerous animals on the planet for humans. Dog attacks on humans outnumber all other animal attacks combined. Likewise human deaths from dog attacks, either directly from bites or post attacks from rabies or infections. Global travel insurance claims for dog bites/attacks outnumber all other animal bites/attacks combined. But don't take my word for it, Google the statistics, even first world countries like USA and Australia, the stats are staggering. Furthermore nobody really knows the accurate global figures for dog bites/attacks because the figures are gathered from reports by hospitals, clinics, police reports. In many countries, especially 3rd world, dog attacks are sorted out between the people directly involved and go unreported. This happens all the time in Thailand. Somchai's dog bites Prasert's kid, Somchai gives Praset 2000 Bt to buy some meds for the kid, so there's no report. 

No dogs are not the most dangerous animals to people but nice try.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Another poor silly soul.

When I was young you hardly saw one in a suburban area maybe running  junkyard

guard duty, chained up in the daytime in a doghouse. Not walked in a dog-park.

The shelters are full of them. in USA. So a lot of well meaning people and women rescue pit bull. Everything is fine, until they kill. Happens all the time. Other dogs,  their own owners or their children. Then ou can see the traditional fanboys. Covered in tattoos, dog pulling on a heavy chain with studded collar. "Look how dangerous I am , so is my dog". 

*Off topic trolling comment edited out*

In the US cities they're a status symbol for people of color. There must be a dozen of them on the block where I used to live in Hartford. 

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

As usual, people can not stay away from the awful and very dangerous breeds of dogs. They should just sweep the world and eliminate and execute every single one of them. Sometimes their owners as well.

You obviously know zero about dogs.  The family can thank the older brother for this one.  A dog is a direct reflection of its owner and upbringing, no matter the breed. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/1/2024 at 3:46 AM, Georgealbert said:

In a shocking incident, an 18-year-old man was found dead on his bed after being viciously attacked by three American Bully dogs.

Somme people make poor life choices, it's a free world.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

In the US cities they're a status symbol for people of color. There must be a dozen of them on the block where I used to live in Hartford. 

I think that was once true, and people who have cultural ties to the Southern US, lineage of dog fighting.

Now where I stay in USA, a pricey area, take a walk half the dogs are pitbulls and plenty of suburbanites joined the pitbull cult. Protected by a  wall of idiocy no logic or reason can penetrate.

I remember now in college my roommates girlfriend had one. Although seemingly docile  I had no idea what danger I was in.

I only remeber seeing one before I was 20 years old. Chained in a neighbors backyard Doghouse.

The dog was named "Rip" and the father told me to NEVER to go back there.

Edited by Captain Monday

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I think that was once true, and people who have cultural ties to the Southern US, lineage of dog fighting.

Now where I stay in USA, a pricey area, take a walk half the dogs are pitbulls and plenty of suburbanites joined the pitbull cult. Protected by a  wall of idiocy no logic or reason can penetrate.

I remember now in college my roommates girlfriend had one. Although seemingly docile  I had no idea what danger I was in.

I only remeber seeing one before I was 20 years old. Chained in a neighbors backyard Doghouse.

The dog was named "Rip" and the father told me to NEVER to go back there.

ohh, for people of color. 

Again.  It is the owner and how they train their dogs.

Lack of training IS 'training', as it is an allowance and reinforcement of inappropriate behavior.

The unfortunate thing is that these dogs, pit bulls, Rottweilers, etc, are all-too-often owned by exactly the wrong type of people.  IMO, their owners should be sterilized.

American Bullys and Bully XLs can be calm, gentle, and sweet, -but too many of their owners don't want that.

And yes, I have played with a neighbors Bully XL.  She didn't need a .leash, was gentle, and looked hilarious trying to chase after my Border Collie as we played retrieval games.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The article is saying 3 American bully dogs will be rehomed when in fact there are only 2. The third was a a Thai dog that was injured trying to help the boy. Yet it's lumped in with the fate of the killer dogs! What's the story?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Que the It's not the dogs, I have a nice one Blah Blah Blah BS.  BAN THE Killers.

If they were humans they would get life if not the death penalty.

It is not the dogs fault they are just following instincts almost a shame they get put down.

The owners of dangerous dogs should be punished instead. Then held to account before a court of law as if they intentionally inflicted the bites themselves. Assault, Assault to inflict grievous bodily harm/attempted murder, manslaughter or murder. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, scorecard said:

To savage the next victim....

Happy to say that I never had to send any of my dogs down the road so there wasn't any "next victim."

Edited by Hawaiian

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

The article is saying 3 American bully dogs will be rehomed when in fact there are only 2. The third was a a Thai dog that was injured trying to help the boy. Yet it's lumped in with the fate of the killer dogs! What's the story?

No it was three bully dogs, two siblings that did the attack and the mother dog who was injured trying to stop them. There was also a Thai dog in the household.

As far as i know dogs don't kill for fun or attack for no reason. although one of my friends had a pitlbull/rotty mix super friendly and sweet dog. He said the dog once saw a cat chased it down and ripped it apart. (animals can be  unpredictable)

Dog behavior does change when alone vs in a pack and they can definitely be more dangerous and bold in a group working together.

I can see if one dog started to attack a person the other dogs would join in the attack on instinct following the pack leader or alpha. In other situations as seen on many youtube videos the other dogs would intervene and try to stop the attack.

Dogs usually give a warning bite and stop and back away.  something extreme most likely happened for the dogs to keep attacking.

Its tragic that a young person lost their lives like this...  

• Agree 1

As far as i know dogs don't kill for fun or attack for no reason. although one of my friends had a pitlbull/rotty mix super friendly and sweet dog. He said the dog once saw a cat chased it down and ripped it apart. (animals can be  unpredictable)

Dog behavior does change when alone vs in a pack and they can definitely be more dangerous and bold in a group working together.

I can see if one dog started to attack a person the other dogs would join in the attack on instinct following the pack leader or alpha. In other situations as seen on many youtube videos the other dogs would intervene and try to stop the attack.

Dogs usually give a warning bite and stop and back away.  something extreme most likely happened for the dogs to keep attacking.

I can imagine a situation where the dogs did something the 18 year old didnt like so he responded by kicking or hitting the dogs triggering the dogs to retaliate.

Its tragic that a young person lost their lives like this...  

Edited by speckio
more info

There have been so many similar reports over several years now so here comes another 6 sympathetic pages over this latest tragedy . 😂                🎵   When will they ever learn? 🎵

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Both are to blame IMO. Could be avoided by banning these kinds of dog.

Again here we are again! 

Just last week I got a response that it was already illegal or a ban from importing into Thailand!

But not illegal to breed or to own one which I responded  " makes no sense "  but of course this is thailand reason this wont be the last death.

• Agree 2

In the linked video, it looks more like boisterous play at that stage.

The young man doesn’t seem very confident with the situation and his response/body language is showing that. 

When dogs switch into pack mode, things can change very quickly, you wonder if the dogs started fighting amongst themselves and young man tried to break it up attracting their fury.

I will also say, having owned various breeds of dogs over the years, that the one that worried me the most was my Jack Russell Terrier. Her ability to “zone out” when in hunting/attack mode was scary. She was never human aggressive, only other dogs (of any size), including some our own pack. She was only around 10kg and imaging any Terrier at 3-4-5x that size gives me shivers. 

• Agree 2