Those who fell for marriage, how do you cope knowing you've ruined your life?

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7.  Sad-faced broken men that eat dinner at work 'to avoid the traffic'.  Anything to avoid going home to the wife.

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Love to get home to the misso.

I start work an hour early every day to ensure I leave work at 5pm to get home and spend the evening with her.

The shared GF does the same so we all eat dinner together.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Haha 1

I am since a loooong time together with my gf, but I never married her. Why? Because I don't see the point why I should legally make my life more difficult.

Probably I will stay together with my gf until one of us dies - most likely me first. And she will inherit if there is anything left.

But somehow, I like it that in theory I could end it in 5min - if I wanted to do that.

She also knows that. And I am sure that helps her to appreciate the good life with me.

Unfortunately, I see too many guys who had a lot of fun in their life until they married and especially until the kids arrived. Now they work mostly for the kids, and the wife gives them s#$@ if they want to go out with the boys.

I guess if you want to take your darling back home and/or if you have kids then marriage makes kind of sense. But apart from that it's like a huge weight at the ankle. 

184733350.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7.  Sad-faced broken men that eat dinner at work 'to avoid the traffic'.  Anything to avoid going home to the wife.

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist?

How about you.......?  :unsure:

Quasimodo or gay......?

2 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Jesus' 12 disciples followed him around all day, not because they were particularly interested in God, but to get away from their wives. 

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But somehow, I like it that in theory I could end it in 5min - if I wanted to do that.

She also knows that. And I am sure that helps her to appreciate the good life with me.

As much as I love my GF, and have no intention of leaving, as things are so good, it is for this reason that I will not get married to her. Once married, a lady can change her ways and attitude, knowing that her husband is trapped.

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Unfortunately, I see too many guys who had a lot of fun in their life until they married and especially until the kids arrived. Now they work mostly for the kids, and the wife gives them s#$@ if they want to go out with the boys.

This was me until I finally had enough and divorce was by far the better option once my son was in boarding school. Leaving the ex wife was one of the best things I ever did. 

Now, life is great with my GF of 4 years. Very happy. Of course she wants to seal the deal by getting married, but she knew from the outset that I will not marry again. No upside in marriage for men!

Edited by soi3eddie

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am since a loooong time together with my gf, but I never married her. Why? Because I don't see the point why I should legally make my life more difficult.

Probably I will stay together with my gf until one of us dies - most likely me first. And she will inherit if there is anything left.

I guess if you want to take your darling back home and/or if you have kids then marriage makes kind of sense. But apart from that it's like a huge weight at the ankle. 

184733350.jpg

Yes, but arguably the woman is stupid for not having a safety net.

That's why most women will insist on marriage, to have some sort of protection in case the guy effs off.